My wife rearranges the dishwasher after I load it….

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Trajan, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    I spotted her doing it out of the corner of my eye…it occurred to me that she does this often.

I asked her why, she said I put the dishes in the ‘wrong’ way’, all the time…...I asked her what the proper way was…she told me not to sweat it, it’s a guy thing, its not in our DNA apparently as I have unfailing poor spatial perception when it came to organizing dirty dishes in a box….

I may report her for making what appears to be a hurtful, stereotypical comment impugning my gender….. I feel emasculated.

I feel some inconvenient headaches coming on…..:eusa_whistle:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 6
  2. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    Face it, she is a control freak. :lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Kiki Cannoli

Kiki Cannoli Have you met my shadow?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +839
    at least she doesn't stand over your shoulder and nag, she waits for you to finish and then does it her way...sounds like a pretty cool wife.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. BDBoop

BDBoop BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,006
    My mom said she was in her 30's before she found out there was literally more than one 'correct' way to load a dishwasher.

5. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,523
    Funny. I finally had to put in a key lock and hide the key to keep Mrs Jake out of my tool box in my den. She has her own tool box. Stay out of mine if you won't put the tools back the way you found them. Love em and we can't live without em, but how many of you guys have stuck your hand out to get something without looking because it has its own place, but it has been moved yet again?

6. Liability

Liability Locked Account. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,063
    I often feel the need to re-arrange the dishwasher too. Just to create obvious room for more stuff before I turn it on.

How hard is the whole spatial recognition thing for my wife and daughter?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Kooshdakhaa

Kooshdakhaa Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +598
    I do that. Rearrange the dishwasher. My husband NEVER loads the dishwasher, but sometimes when we have houseguests, they do. I always tell people I don't need any help, but they insist on loading the dishwasher, and they do it wrong. I have a reason for everything I do, including where I place things in the dishwasher.

The best thing to do Trajan, is just let it drop. Keep loading the dishwasher (how can I train my husband to do that?) and when she rearranges things, just ignore her. It's all in how you perceive it. It can be an irritant or it can be an endearing little thing she does. It's all up to you. : )

8. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    if you would learn to load the damn dishwasher we would not have to do it...

makes my husband crazy when i do it and i do it everything....he puts the glasses on the back of the top rack instead of doing it right and lining them down the right side....i think i am more efficient....he mumbles stuff like 'crazy as shithouse rat' he says it doesnt matter how its loaded....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,098
    no no no, there is ONLY one correct way...for each individual dishwasher with your own dish sizes so to optimize the dish placement to fit the most of your own dishes in it while still allowing the water jets to penetrate and clean....and it takes about ''a day or 2'' to figure it out.....!!! UNLESS as Trajan's wife said, you are a man....you just seem to never figure it out :lol: we've been here 5 years and Matt still hasn't figured it out either! (as example, I have very fat and big coffee cups that only fit nicely in this one spot on the upper left in the dishwasher, and long utensils with no place to go but a place on the upper shelf right because there is no other spot, long baking pans that only fit nicely in the bottom very back facing inward, and big fat bowls that stack nicely on the right of the spoon and fork container upfront, but don't fit on the left as well and get fewer in to it...)

hahahahaha!

This is what not working anymore comes down to, for me, I suppose! :eek:

bottom line....i'd get along with trajan's wife! :D

• Thank You! Thank You! x 5
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  10. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    they leave major spaces and pay no attention and will block the water from items....its all just willy nilly......i swear.....