My wife rearranges the dishwasher after I load it….

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
I spotted her doing it out of the corner of my eye…it occurred to me that she does this often.

I asked her why, she said I put the dishes in the ‘wrong’ way’, all the time…...I asked her what the proper way was…she told me not to sweat it, it’s a guy thing, its not in our DNA apparently as I have unfailing poor spatial perception when it came to organizing dirty dishes in a box….

I may report her for making what appears to be a hurtful, stereotypical comment impugning my gender….. I feel emasculated.

I feel some inconvenient headaches coming on…..:eusa_whistle:

I spotted her doing it out of the corner of my eye…it occurred to me that she does this often.

I asked her why, she said I put the dishes in the ‘wrong’ way’, all the time…...I asked her what the proper way was…she told me not to sweat it, it’s a guy thing, its not in our DNA apparently as I have unfailing poor spatial perception when it came to organizing dirty dishes in a box….

I may report her for making what appears to be a hurtful, stereotypical comment impugning my gender….. I feel emasculated.

Funny. I finally had to put in a key lock and hide the key to keep Mrs Jake out of my tool box in my den. She has her own tool box. Stay out of mine if you won't put the tools back the way you found them. Love em and we can't live without em, but how many of you guys have stuck your hand out to get something without looking because it has its own place, but it has been moved yet again?

I do that. Rearrange the dishwasher. My husband NEVER loads the dishwasher, but sometimes when we have houseguests, they do. I always tell people I don't need any help, but they insist on loading the dishwasher, and they do it wrong. I have a reason for everything I do, including where I place things in the dishwasher.

The best thing to do Trajan, is just let it drop. Keep loading the dishwasher (how can I train my husband to do that?) and when she rearranges things, just ignore her. It's all in how you perceive it. It can be an irritant or it can be an endearing little thing she does. It's all up to you. : )

if you would learn to load the damn dishwasher we would not have to do it...

makes my husband crazy when i do it and i do it everything....he puts the glasses on the back of the top rack instead of doing it right and lining them down the right side....i think i am more efficient....he mumbles stuff like 'crazy as shithouse rat' he says it doesnt matter how its loaded....

My mom said she was in her 30's before she found out there was literally more than one 'correct' way to load a dishwasher.
no no no, there is ONLY one correct way...for each individual dishwasher with your own dish sizes so to optimize the dish placement to fit the most of your own dishes in it while still allowing the water jets to penetrate and clean....and it takes about ''a day or 2'' to figure it out.....!!! UNLESS as Trajan's wife said, you are a man....you just seem to never figure it out :lol: we've been here 5 years and Matt still hasn't figured it out either! (as example, I have very fat and big coffee cups that only fit nicely in this one spot on the upper left in the dishwasher, and long utensils with no place to go but a place on the upper shelf right because there is no other spot, long baking pans that only fit nicely in the bottom very back facing inward, and big fat bowls that stack nicely on the right of the spoon and fork container upfront, but don't fit on the left as well and get fewer in to it...)

hahahahaha!

This is what not working anymore comes down to, for me, I suppose! :eek:

bottom line....i'd get along with trajan's wife! :D

Last edited:
Thank her and leave it at that. If you care even a little about how the machine is loaded then you may be in a same-sex marriage.

"My wife rearranges the dishwasher after I load it…."

Why are you loading the dish washer anyway?

Does she mow the lawn?

LOL...

Actually you do have to have the dishes in the "right" way for proper water flow of the jets. You may want to ask her if she would prefer if you just rinsed things down and staked them neatly...that way she can load it the way she wants.

I am very sure your wife appreciates you loading the dishwasher even though she rearranges it later. I know i appreciate it when a friend of ours rinses stuff off and puts them in the dishwasher....even though i rearrange it later. :eusa_shhh:

How can you load the dishes when you have no arms? :eusa_angel:

Seriously, I am OCD when loading the dishwasher. Top rack must be, from the back, glass, plastic, glass, plastic. And packing without wasting space is a huge issue for me. I like to conserve water and detergent.

Forum List

Back