My wife rearranges the dishwasher after I load it….

The only dishwasher I've ever owned are the hands at the end of my arms.
Trajan, you should really freak out your wife one day and wash the dishes the old fashioned way, in the sink. :lol:

:eusa_think:in the immortal words of richard dawson, 'survey says'.....no friggin way.

My mom said she was in her 30's before she found out there was literally more than one 'correct' way to load a dishwasher.
no no no, there is ONLY one correct way...for each individual dishwasher with your own dish sizes so to optimize the dish placement to fit the most of your own dishes in it while still allowing the water jets to penetrate and clean....and it takes about ''a day or 2'' to figure it out.....!!! UNLESS as Trajan's wife said, you are a man....you just seem to never figure it out :lol: we've been here 5 years and Matt still hasn't figured it out either! (as example, I have very fat and big coffee cups that only fit nicely in this one spot on the upper left in the dishwasher, and long utensils with no place to go but a place on the upper shelf right because there is no other spot, long baking pans that only fit nicely in the bottom very back facing inward, and big fat bowls that stack nicely on the right of the spoon and fork container upfront, but don't fit on the left as well and get fewer in to it...)

hahahahaha!

This is what not working anymore comes down to, for me, I suppose! :eek:

bottom line....i'd get along with trajan's wife! :D

:eusa_hand:

its a friggin DISHWASHER:eusa_shifty:...it washes dishes....hello.

its not a DNA Nano scale synthesizer, whose configuration would result in a genetic mutation that could destroy mankind....:rolleyes:

I spotted her doing it out of the corner of my eye…it occurred to me that she does this often.

I asked her why, she said I put the dishes in the ‘wrong’ way’, all the time…...I asked her what the proper way was…she told me not to sweat it, it’s a guy thing, its not in our DNA apparently as I have unfailing poor spatial perception when it came to organizing dirty dishes in a box….

I may report her for making what appears to be a hurtful, stereotypical comment impugning my gender….. I feel emasculated.

I feel some inconvenient headaches coming on…..:eusa_whistle:

My dad is the same way, very weird stuff.

I do a better job than my wife of arranging stuff in the dishwasher...

at least once a week, I find that she's run the damn thing with something blocking one of the spray arms... which means the dishes aren't clean and I have to rearrange the stuff and run it a second time...

btw... we have a fairly new Bosch dishwasher... supposed to be mechanically superior to other brands... this may be true (which means we'll probably have it for a long time)... and I gotta say, the thing is incredibly quiet... but those German engineers don't know jack shit about designing the dish racks... loading the damn thing is much more of a pain in the ass than it should be...

before the Bosch, we had a Kenmore, and before that, we had a Whirlpool... it turned out that, mechanically, those other two were short-lived pieces of junk... but the design of their dish racks was much superior to the Bosch...

Last edited:
okay here is the right way to do it...my way"

step 1:

005-19.jpg

the glass ware is lined down the right side: step 2:

006-25.jpg

lower basket:

large items to the left side and front....i dont use the back for large items

007-20.jpg

I put my glasses in starting with the back right too...they get cleaner that way. If I put them towards the front or on the left, they potentially don't get clean. I use that space for things like measuring cups, large utensils, spoon trivets and the like.

All my plates face to the right but my bottom shelf is oriented differently than yours.

And all the silverware goes in EATING END DOWN, they get cleaner that way, they get more force from the water jets. Nothing ticks me off more than people who stick all their utensils in upside down.

Plus I've stabbed myself fairly seriously on my mom's steak knives, that she insists on putting in pointy end up. Who DOES that sort of thing? Was she TRYING to kill me?

Oh boy....ummm....I am the "rearranger" with the dishwasher. :redface:
Call me a dish-freak I know...it bugs the crap out of me to see dishes arranged in a way that wastes precious real estate.
Other than that....I love Football and muscle cars and...oh yeah...hot babes. [flexes muscles while he types]

okay here is the right way to do it...my way"

step 1:

005-19.jpg

the glass ware is lined down the right side: step 2:

006-25.jpg

lower basket:

large items to the left side and front....i dont use the back for large items

007-20.jpg

you should turn the handles of the cups to make more room...

and hand-wash the metal pan with a steel wool pad for best results...

jes' sayin'... :eusa_whistle:

eta: knives shouldn't be washed in the dishwasher (should be hand-washed instead)... for two reasons: (1) over time, the dishwasher will dull the knives; (2) the wooden handles...

Last edited:
I spotted her doing it out of the corner of my eye…it occurred to me that she does this often.

I asked her why, she said I put the dishes in the ‘wrong’ way’, all the time…...I asked her what the proper way was…she told me not to sweat it, it’s a guy thing, its not in our DNA apparently as I have unfailing poor spatial perception when it came to organizing dirty dishes in a box….

I may report her for making what appears to be a hurtful, stereotypical comment impugning my gender….. I feel emasculated.

I feel some inconvenient headaches coming on…..:eusa_whistle:
I'm speculating that doing laundry for you is way out of bounds in your house as well. Probably get a lot of "That's OK" when you offer, right?

And all the silverware goes in EATING END DOWN, they get cleaner that way, they get more force from the water jets. Nothing ticks me off more than people who stick all their utensils in upside down.

Plus I've stabbed myself fairly seriously on my mom's steak knives, that she insists on putting in pointy end up. Who DOES that sort of thing? Was she TRYING to kill me?

forks and spoons should be placed with their eating ends UP... due to the bit of residue that inevitably occurs at the bottom end of items in the dishwasher...

steak knives should be hand-washed because of the wooden handles and dulling concerns... but if you insist on putting them in the dishwasher, then, yeah, they should be pointed down for safety's sake...

steak knives should be hand-washed because of the wooden handles and dulling concerns... but if you insist on putting them in the dishwasher, then, yeah, they should be pointed down for safety's sake...
Hand wash all sharp knives.....You can never be sure that one won't get dislodged and you could potentially cut the shit out of your hand when unloading the dishwasher.

Hand wash all sharp knives.....You can never be sure that one won't get dislodged and you could potentially cut the shit out of your hand when unloading the dishwasher.

lol... you sound like you're speaking from personal experience...

so... did you go to the ER...? how many stitches did it take...? :lol:

Human males organize better than any creature on earth. We just don't give a shit about the damn dishes in the damn dishwasher.

I am also very sure you are quite happy to eat off of dirty dishes too......

That's why God gave us fingernails. Little clump of something left on the plate? No sweat. Scrape it off with a nail. If we don't recognize it, we may even taste it. Must know what it was!

Uh huh..... something like this right?

After spending a great evening chatting the night away, The next morning John’s grandfather prepared breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast.

However, John noticed a film like substance on his plate, and questioned his grandfather asking, ‘Are these plates clean?’

His grandfather replied, ‘They’re as clean as cold water can get em. Just you go ahead and finish your meal, Sonny!’

For lunch the old man made hamburgers. Again, John was concerned about the plates as his appeared to have tiny specks around the edge that looked like dried egg and asked, ‘Are you sure these plates are clean?’

Without looking up the old man said.

‘I told you before, Sonny, those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them. Now don’t you fret, I don’t want to hear another word about it!’

Later that afternoon, John was on his way to a nearby town and as he was leaving, his grandfather’s dog started to growl, and wouldn’t let him pass. John yelled and said, ‘Grandfather, your dog won’t let me get to my car’.

Without diverting his attention from the football game he was watching on TV, the old man shouted, “Coldwater, go lay down now, yah hear me?”

I clamp stuff in the bench vise and hit it with the pressure washer. Burnt on cheese, gets pretreated with the sand blaster. The wife doesn't ask often.

Forum List

Back