My wife rearranges the dishwasher after I load it….

I am also very sure you are quite happy to eat off of dirty dishes too......

That's why God gave us fingernails. Little clump of something left on the plate? No sweat. Scrape it off with a nail. If we don't recognize it, we may even taste it. Must know what it was!

Uh huh..... something like this right?

After spending a great evening chatting the night away, The next morning John’s grandfather prepared breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast.

However, John noticed a film like substance on his plate, and questioned his grandfather asking, ‘Are these plates clean?’

His grandfather replied, ‘They’re as clean as cold water can get em. Just you go ahead and finish your meal, Sonny!’

For lunch the old man made hamburgers. Again, John was concerned about the plates as his appeared to have tiny specks around the edge that looked like dried egg and asked, ‘Are you sure these plates are clean?’

Without looking up the old man said.

‘I told you before, Sonny, those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them. Now don’t you fret, I don’t want to hear another word about it!’

Later that afternoon, John was on his way to a nearby town and as he was leaving, his grandfather’s dog started to growl, and wouldn’t let him pass. John yelled and said, ‘Grandfather, your dog won’t let me get to my car’.

Without diverting his attention from the football game he was watching on TV, the old man shouted, “Coldwater, go lay down now, yah hear me?”

lmfao...! I was just about to reply to Oddball's comment about "potent dishwashers"...

was gonna say that, speaking of potent dishwashers, my dog can clean a plate set on the floor to the point where, if you didn't know better, you'd swear it was clean enough to put back on the shelf... :lol:

Last edited:
That's why God gave us fingernails. Little clump of something left on the plate? No sweat. Scrape it off with a nail. If we don't recognize it, we may even taste it. Must know what it was!

After spending a great evening chatting the night away, The next morning John’s grandfather prepared breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast.

However, John noticed a film like substance on his plate, and questioned his grandfather asking, ‘Are these plates clean?’

His grandfather replied, ‘They’re as clean as cold water can get em. Just you go ahead and finish your meal, Sonny!’

For lunch the old man made hamburgers. Again, John was concerned about the plates as his appeared to have tiny specks around the edge that looked like dried egg and asked, ‘Are you sure these plates are clean?’

‘I told you before, Sonny, those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them. Now don’t you fret, I don’t want to hear another word about it!’

Later that afternoon, John was on his way to a nearby town and as he was leaving, his grandfather’s dog started to growl, and wouldn’t let him pass. John yelled and said, ‘Grandfather, your dog won’t let me get to my car’.

Without diverting his attention from the football game he was watching on TV, the old man shouted, “Coldwater, go lay down now, yah hear me?”

lmfao...! I was just about to reply to Oddball's comment about "potent dishwashers"...

was gonna say that, speaking of potent dishwashers, my dog can clean a plate set on the floor to the point where, if you didn't know better, you'd swear it was lcean enough to put back on the shelf... :lol:

As clean as cold water can get it....... :lmao:

I am also very sure you are quite happy to eat off of dirty dishes too......

You have guys all figured out! Dayum gentlemen! Time to alter our M.O.

what are these things you speak of?

things that dont go in the dishwasher?

LOL.... i know what what you mean! I put everything in the dishwasher...even though i know you are not supposed to.... :lol:

Good knives are not supposed to go in...they lose their edge. But if its a stainless blade...it goes in! The only ones i dont put in are the carbon steel knives.

Crystal, fine china and sterling is not supposed to go in the dishwasher.... but i put them in anyway. Though i will say the dishwasher takes the warm patina off of the sterling.....

LOL.... i know what what you mean! I put everything in the dishwasher...even though i know you are not supposed to.... :lol:

Good knives are not supposed to go in...they lose their edge. But if its a stainless blade...it goes in! The only ones i dont put in are the carbon steel knives.

Crystal, fine china and sterling is not supposed to go in the dishwasher.... but i put them in anyway. Though i will say the dishwasher takes the warm patina off of the sterling.....

also, any porcelain dishes with gold leaf... it only takes a coupla rounds in the dishwasher to entirely remove the gold leaf...

also, any porcelain dishes with gold leaf... it only takes a coupla rounds in the dishwasher to entirely remove the gold leaf...

I know..... and i still put it in... Replacements Ltd loves me.

I know..... and i still put it in... Replacements Ltd loves me.

I 'spect you also know not to put dishes with gold leaf in the microwave... :)

The only time I rearrange the dishwasher it to make room for just one more thing. None of them seem to have figured out the fine art of 'yes, everything WILL fit'. I do yank out the four dog bowls when someone is dopey enough to put them in, leaving no room for anything else.

The only must requirement of dishwasher loading is this ... my coffee spoon MUST go in the same place every single time. Do NOT make me try and find that damn thing pre-coffee in the wee early hours. Someone actually spoke to me this morning pre-coffee. My answer was 'merrrrrr'. They shut up till the coffee did it's job.

Honestly, I'm just glad when any of them actually put their stuff in the dishwasher because it seems to be a rarity, no matter how many times I say 'put it in the dishwasher'. I often wonder if they are thumbless or something.

I do a better job than my wife of arranging stuff in the dishwasher...

at least once a week, I find that she's run the damn thing with something blocking one of the spray arms... which means the dishes aren't clean and I have to rearrange the stuff and run it a second time...

btw... we have a fairly new Bosch dishwasher... supposed to be mechanically superior to other brands... this may be true (which means we'll probably have it for a long time)... and I gotta say, the thing is incredibly quiet... but those German engineers don't know jack shit about designing the dish racks... loading the damn thing is much more of a pain in the ass than it should be...

before the Bosch, we had a Kenmore, and before that, we had a Whirlpool... it turned out that, mechanically, those other two were short-lived pieces of junk... but the design of their dish racks was much superior to the Bosch...

+1000

I could have written this post. I used to have a Kenmore, and now I have the Bosch. It's hardly audible, and it's fantastic at cleaning dishes. And the racks suck! Actually, the racks are fine, and you can move the top rack down to a lower level very easily. It's the tines that suck.

and all the silverware goes in eating end down, they get cleaner that way, they get more force from the water jets. Nothing ticks me off more than people who stick all their utensils in upside down.

Plus i've stabbed myself fairly seriously on my mom's steak knives, that she insists on putting in pointy end up. Who does that sort of thing? Was she trying to kill me?

forks and spoons should be placed with their eating ends up... due to the bit of residue that inevitably occurs at the bottom end of items in the dishwasher...

Steak knives should be hand-washed because of the wooden handles and dulling concerns... But if you insist on putting them in the dishwasher, then, yeah, they should be pointed down for safety's sake...

qft!

The only time I rearrange the dishwasher it to make room for just one more thing. None of them seem to have figured out the fine art of 'yes, everything WILL fit'. I do yank out the four dog bowls when someone is dopey enough to put them in, leaving no room for anything else.

The only must requirement of dishwasher loading is this ... my coffee spoon MUST go in the same place every single time. Do NOT make me try and find that damn thing pre-coffee in the wee early hours. Someone actually spoke to me this morning pre-coffee. My answer was 'merrrrrr'. They shut up till the coffee did it's job.

Honestly, I'm just glad when any of them actually put their stuff in the dishwasher because it seems to be a rarity, no matter how many times I say 'put it in the dishwasher'. I often wonder if they are thumbless or something.

LOL.... so why the special coffee spoon? Wont any spoon do as well?

I spotted her doing it out of the corner of my eye…it occurred to me that she does this often.

I asked her why, she said I put the dishes in the ‘wrong’ way’, all the time…...I asked her what the proper way was…she told me not to sweat it, it’s a guy thing, its not in our DNA apparently as I have unfailing poor spatial perception when it came to organizing dirty dishes in a box….

I may report her for making what appears to be a hurtful, stereotypical comment impugning my gender….. I feel emasculated.

I feel some inconvenient headaches coming on…..:eusa_whistle:
Actually, Mr. Trajan, you're just affirming in her mind that you need a woman's touch

when you put the little forks in with the big spoons.
:FIREdevil:

I don't put wooden handled knives in the dishwasher.

I do put my cheap steak knives in.

I don't know from residue..I notice that my silverware is dirty when I put it in handle first. It's not dirty when I put it in handle up...and I've noticed that in all the dishwashers I've used through the years.

:eek: NO!! It's an old, old ice-tea spoon. Used to have half a dozen and am down to one. No clue what happened to the others. The coffee cup is a taller cup and a regular spoon is too short, it'll drop into the coffee in my semi-conscious morning state. No good! I need to be able to find mah spoon in the dishwasher in the dark. Oh, did I mention I'm not a fan of lights being on pre-coffee? Yeah, don't they just love me around here! :lol:

:eek: NO!! It's an old, old ice-tea spoon. Used to have half a dozen and am down to one. No clue what happened to the others. The coffee cup is a taller cup and a regular spoon is too short, it'll drop into the coffee in my semi-conscious morning state. No good! I need to be able to find mah spoon in the dishwasher in the dark. Oh, did I mention I'm not a fan of lights being on pre-coffee? Yeah, don't they just love me around here! :lol:

Any chance of a pic of the spoon and cup you use? Is the spoon sterling?

at least once a week, I find that she's run the damn thing with something blocking one of the spray arms... which means the dishes aren't clean and I have to rearrange the stuff and run it a second time...

btw... we have a fairly new Bosch dishwasher... supposed to be mechanically superior to other brands... this may be true (which means we'll probably have it for a long time)... and I gotta say, the thing is incredibly quiet... but those German engineers don't know jack shit about designing the dish racks... loading the damn thing is much more of a pain in the ass than it should be...

before the Bosch, we had a Kenmore, and before that, we had a Whirlpool... it turned out that, mechanically, those other two were short-lived pieces of junk... but the design of their dish racks was much superior to the Bosch...

+1000

I could have written this post. I used to have a Kenmore, and now I have the Bosch. It's hardly audible, and it's fantastic at cleaning dishes. And the racks suck! Actually, the racks are fine, and you can move the top rack down to a lower level very easily. It's the tines that suck.

I still, for the life of me, can't figure out what all those close-together tines are designed for...

mebbe Germans have different kinds of dishes from us...?

and that adjustable upper rack isn't much use... it only makes the upper rack slightly more useful, while making the lower rack much less useful...

and the lower rack sucks in its own regard... you can't pull it out all the way... and if you load the front heavier than the back, it bumps against the lower edge of the door when you pull the rack out, causing one or two of the rack's wheels to fall off, sending you to scramble across the floor of the kitchen to retrieve 'em and put 'em back on...

btw, my mom also has a Bosch, but she has the high-end model with premium construction and all the bells and whistles... but her's has the same suck-ass racks as my economy model...

+1000

I still, for the life of me, can't figure out what all those close-together tines are designed for...

mebbe Germans have different kinds of dishes from us...?

and that adjustable upper rack isn't much use... it only makes the upper rack slightly more useful, while making the lower rack much less useful...

and the lower rack sucks in its own regard... you can't pull it out all the way... and if you load the front heavier than the back, it bumps against the lower edge of the door when you pull the rack out, causing one or two of the rack's wheels to fall off, sending you to scramble across the floor of the kitchen to retrieve 'em and put 'em back on...

btw, my mom also has a Bosch, but she has the high-end model with premium construction and all the bells and whistles... but her's has the same suck-ass racks as my economy model...

The ones on the top rack? They are for flatware.

Forum List

Back