My problem with the NFL re: National Anthem

Per the NFL rulebook:

1. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country.
Why do you not respect the flag or our country. Our country is the people. There are other ways to show your discontent with the President. People take not standing up for the flag as an insult on the United States as a unit. It makes people feel that you don't want to be here or don't like the unit as a whole (not just the administration) - and there are a lot of people that worked hard to build the US that are still alive today. There are a lot of people young and old that have risked their lives for the United States.

It's a non-issue. These are silent protests that hurt no one. It's only meant to bring attention to social inequities. No one is being attacked, there is nothing destructive in doing so.

This below is what destructive, devisive behavior and disrespect looks like.

View attachment 151215

I see photos like the one in your post, Hutch Starskey, and I'm reminded that people want us to believe that the Confederate flag wavers aren't espousing hatred and bigotry. In turn, I wonder just how stupid are the people who say that is so, but I know the answer: stupid enough to think the rest of us believe sh*t when they utter it.
What would happen to an NFL player if he took out a confederate battle flag and waved it during the National Anthem?
I don't know. I suspect nothing good, particularly seeing as there are a whole lot of really big and strong black guys on professional football fields. Be that as it may, I'm not of a mind to tell a player he cannot do so.

Per the NFL rulebook:

1. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country.
Why do you not respect the flag or our country. Our country is the people. There are other ways to show your discontent with the President. People take not standing up for the flag as an insult on the United States as a unit. It makes people feel that you don't want to be here or don't like the unit as a whole (not just the administration) - and there are a lot of people that worked hard to build the US that are still alive today. There are a lot of people young and old that have risked their lives for the United States.

It's a non-issue. These are silent protests that hurt no one. It's only meant to bring attention to social inequities. No one is being attacked, there is nothing destructive in doing so.

View attachment 151215

I see photos like the one in your post, Hutch Starskey, and I'm reminded that people want us to believe that the Confederate flag wavers aren't espousing hatred and bigotry. In turn, I wonder just how stupid are the people who say that is so, but I know the answer: stupid enough to think the rest of us believe sh*t when they utter it.
What would happen to an NFL player if he took out a confederate battle flag and waved it during the National Anthem?
I don't know.

I suspect nothing good, particularly seeing as there are a whole lot of really big and strong black guys on professional football fields.
So their first amendment rights would go by the way side, because it is deemed not politically correct. Which it wouldn't be and I would ask them to be removed, just like all protesting millionaires.

Per the NFL rulebook:

View attachment 151215

Do you believe it's respectful of the flag to wave a confederate battle flag at all?

Per the NFL rulebook:

View attachment 151215

I don't know. I suspect nothing good, particularly seeing as there are a whole lot of really big and strong black guys on professional football fields.
So their first amendment rights would go by the way side, because it is deemed not politically correct. Which it wouldn't be and I would ask them to be removed, just like all protesting millionaires.
Clown, I'm now ignoring you, and I'm telling you so can stop wasting your time responding to my posts.

That is not at all what I wrote and you know it, and if you don't all the more reason for me to ignore your silly ass.

I'm done with you. Have a good life.

Per the NFL rulebook:

View attachment 151215

Do you believe it's respectful of the flag to wave a confederate battle flag at all?
I realize you have a great desire to equate opposition to millionaires protesting at a game to the confederate battle flag. Personally I think those waving the confederate battle flag are disrespectful jerks just as I think those who kneel at football games are disrespectful. My ancestors fought under the stars and strips and as far as I know always have.

The only reason why anyone gives two shits about these guys is because they play good football. Now play football and shut the hell up.

So playing football means they aren't entitled to an opinion.

Hey, it would be just as easy in life to just collect the money and say nothing. That's how evil usually succeeds... Good people say nothing.

These guys are willing to stand up and say something. Not hid behind a fake name on the internet and spout off, but actually say, "This is who I am and this is where i stand."

Who says they aren't entitled to their opinions? I never said any such thing. I'm sure they have plenty of time to go protest somewhere about something.

How many people here protest or bring their politics to work with them? They are taking advantage of being on camera is all, by doing something silly and unproductive, even counter productive.

Per the NFL rulebook:

View attachment 151215

I realize you have a great desire to equate opposition to millionaires protesting at a game to the confederate battle flag. Personally I think those waving the confederate battle flag are disrespectful jerks just as I think those who kneel at football games are disrespectful. My ancestors fought under the stars and strips and as far as I know always have.

I didn't equate anything. You did, dope.

What would happen to an NFL player if he took out a confederate battle flag and waved it during the National Anthem

Yeah, and I'm sure if even one of these guys dared to stand up and say something positive about America or about the current POTUS, the "liberals" would say, "it's their right to say Trump is a great guy!" :lmao:

View attachment 151215

I didn't equate anything. You did, dope.

What would happen to an NFL player if he took out a confederate battle flag and waved it during the National Anthem

A whole post directed at me about confederate flag waving and now you lie about it. Expected.

So the Pittsburgh Steelers, especially their coach, wanted to show support for a player's right to kneel, stand, or whatever by encouraging and pressuring all of their team members to boycott the national anthem 'to remove themselves from the circumstance'. .

Offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva, however, wanted to exercise HIS right to go out, stand, and put his hand over his heart in respect to the flag. Villanueva, by the way, served his country as an Army Ranger and, respectfully, he wanted no part of a team 'show of unity' by disrespecting the flag.

To Villanueva, to stay in the locker room during the anthem was pretty much the same as taking a knee on the sideline. So, he, on his own, came out and honored the flag. Tomlin 'took a swipe' at him when talking to the media for not joining with his team in protest.

Umm, I thought the point was players should not be maligned for their choices, Coach Tomlin? Or maybe you were saying loyalty to team is more important to country?

Kudos to Villanueva for standing up and putting nation / patriotism over 'team solidarity' when, in his opinion, what they were doing was the wrong move...at least it was for him.

1506295858144.jpg

:clap: :happy-1: :mm: :rock: :salute: :thewave: :eusa_clap: :bow3: :clap2:
Are you really going to tell a former Army ranger, how to respect the colors?

I am certainly not going to tell an Army Ranger he CAN'T respect the colors and that he should show team unity by joining the team in DIS-respecting the colors!

Per the NFL rulebook:

STFU you fucking hypocrite, I bet you've NEVER stood up at home when you hear a national anthem.
who's judging her at home? the line is about in public and a show of respect.

Well, it's not as if the NFL is known to be full of respectful or law abiding individuals. I'm sure many of them are just big ole knuckleheads who got through their schooling because they were good at football.

Per the NFL rulebook:

STFU you fucking hypocrite, I bet you've NEVER stood up at home when you hear a national anthem.
So you only have to show respect when people can see you? Otherwise you don't bother? Wow! How patriotic of you. :biggrin:

How is kneeling during the pledge, "a lack of respect"?
It is, as Kaepernick himself stated, a form of PROTEST.

Why protest the ENTIRE NATION when you are 'offended' by individual acts of racism in this country?

Why protest the ENTIRE NATION when you are offended by the actions of a small minority number of white supremacists, of self-proclaimed fascist anarchist, of homophobes, of anti-Semites, etc?

'Generalization' is the lumping in of / labeling of / assigning characteristics / condemnation of a large group based on the actions of a smaller sub-group within that larger group.

These protests against the United Stated, our flag, and our national anthem are an illogical, inappropriate rebuke / protest of our country as a whole, illogically condemning the whole for the actions of a minority few.

You don't like how the police treat blacks? Protest the police.
You don't like white supremacists? Go protest white supremacists.
You don't like homosexuals being denied service in businesses? Go protest the businesses.
The American flag and this country does not stand for those things.

How do I know? Because the American flag has covered many men and women on their last trip home, men and women who have fought for freedom, liberty, equality, freedom of speech, freedom to assemble, and every other Constitutional Right, regardless of race, color, religion, or sex.

upload_2017-9-25_10-21-0.jpeg

You want to get pissed that certain INDIVIDUALS abuse the rights, liberties, and freedoms this country have provided for everyone, then go for it...but don't idiotically blame and disrespect the nation / country as a whole.

My 2 cents...

Per the NFL rulebook:

So you only have to show respect when people can see you? Otherwise you don't bother? Wow! How patriotic of you. :biggrin:
ignore.

Per the NFL rulebook:

View attachment 151215

in battle?

Forum List

Back