My problem with the NFL re: National Anthem

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Per the NFL rulebook:

1. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country.
Why do you not respect the flag or our country. Our country is the people. There are other ways to show your discontent with the President. People take not standing up for the flag as an insult on the United States as a unit. It makes people feel that you don't want to be here or don't like the unit as a whole (not just the administration) - and there are a lot of people that worked hard to build the US that are still alive today. There are a lot of people young and old that have risked their lives for the United States.

Your problem with the NFL re: the National Anthem is exactly the same as every dumbass rube's problem. You don't understand what the protest is about and you don't understand what the flag represents.

Saying "there are other ways to protest" is really stupid and fails to recognize the importanct role that protests play in our society.

Your problem with the NFL re: the National Anthem is exactly the same as every dumbass rube's problem. You don't understand what the protest is about and you don't understand what the flag represents.

Saying "there are other ways to protest" is really stupid and fails to recognize the importanct role that protests play in our society.

I blame the NFL and the owners, they should adopt a strict, "Take a knee, an Asian takes your place" stance

Per the NFL rulebook:

1. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country.
Why do you not respect the flag or our country. Our country is the people. There are other ways to show your discontent with the President. People take not standing up for the flag as an insult on the United States as a unit. It makes people feel that you don't want to be here or don't like the unit as a whole (not just the administration) - and there are a lot of people that worked hard to build the US that are still alive today. There are a lot of people young and old that have risked their lives for the United States.
STFU you fucking hypocrite, I bet you've NEVER stood up at home when you hear a national anthem.

Per the NFL rulebook:

The thing about the flag is that it stands for freedom. And that freedom includes the opportuity to not stand during the national anthem. It is not a choice I would make, but I spent 20 years in the Corps to make sure people had the right to make such choices, even if I think they are idiots. I would like to say I have stopped watching the NFL as a result of this, but in reality I quit watching the NFL mostly due to the crappy product on the field and the way they screwed over the city of St Louis.

Per the NFL rulebook:

STFU you fucking hypocrite, I bet you've NEVER stood up at home when you hear a national anthem.

I'm usually not watching the game when it's being played, but, no, I would not you are correct. But when I am at the events I always do (and I also sing along, which I'm sure is QUITE offensive to those around me!)

Per the NFL rulebook:

I'm usually not watching the game when it's being played, but, no, I would not you are correct. But when I am at the events I always do (and I also sing along, which I'm sure is QUITE offensive to those around me!)
So you're a hypocrite. Now you know.

Like everyone, people have a right to NOT do things. To say what they want.
But also, there are consequences, so, if you are willing to endure them, fine.

Just like committing crimes. You have a right to commit them. But you also have the consequence of going to jail.

Per the NFL rulebook:

You must get dizzy from the spin Taz

Per the NFL rulebook:

oh come on WillHaftawaite , you have not heard me sing so how do you know it's offensive

Per the NFL rulebook:

Even though that statement appears in the NFL rule book, the statement is neither an instruction nor requirement nor prohibition; thus it is not a rule. It is a reminder and an observation.

BTW, seeing as you reviewed the NFL rulebook, would you share with us the link to it or perhaps attach it to your OP?

Per the NFL rulebook:

You're criticizing someone for something that you yourself don't even do. Apologize. NOW! :biggrin:

Per the NFL rulebook:

Even though that statement appears in the NFL rule book, the statement is neither an instruction nor requirement nor prohibition; thus it is not a rule. It is a reminder and an observation.

BTW, seeing as you reviewed the NFL rulebook, would you share with us the link to it or perhaps attach it to your OP?

Actually, there are supposed to be penalties enforced but yeah, my Mom shared this with me so I'm assume its accurate but will see if I can find the link

Per the NFL rulebook:

oh come on WillHaftawaite , you have not heard me sing so how do you know it's offensive
I agree, when I am at those events, (though in my case, it's when my grandsons are playing at their HS), I stand.

I made no comment about your singing

Just like committing crimes. You have a right to commit them. But you also have the consequence of going to jail.

Um, no, there is no right to commit a crime.

There is a right to protest government policies you don't like.

Now, yeah, the owners could fire these guys. They'd be in violation of union contracts and would have to pay out a lot of money, but they could do that.

Per the NFL rulebook:

2017 NFL Rulebook | NFL Football Operations

Per the NFL rulebook:

You're criticizing someone for something that you yourself don't even do. Apologize. NOW! :biggrin:

Nevah!!!

Per the NFL rulebook:

. In respect to those protesting, it goes far beyond the one issue in that they're protesting for. It's like a bill getting past, where as they are piling on in their discontent (more pork) while controlling such a huge platform.

Now, yeah, the owners could fire these guys. They'd be in violation of union contracts and would have to pay out a lot of money, but they could do that.
  1. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

We all have rights as human beings on this planet to do whatever we damn well please

Forum List

Back