My number one reason for disappointment in Obama

Not closing GITMO I suppose is my biggest dissapointment.
However extending the prtiot act and strengthing it, extending the Bush tax cuts, NOt accelerating our withdrawl from Afgansitan and Iraq.
Several more.

I know he has explanations for why he's done the things he's done, but I can't remember the Gitmo one. Explanations vs excuses is the next order of business.

To be disappointed would mean that I had expectations for him.
I did not.
He has done pretty much what I expected. Bush II.
Obama and Bush are/were both AWOL on the U.S. economy letting the system run itself and appointing several dark characters to perform economic policies or the lack thereof.
When Obama appointed Larry Summers - that is all anyone needed to make an assessment of what Obama thinks of the financial system....nothing. He didn't choose Summers...the machine did. And Larry Summers is a very, very, very good friend of Wall Street.

I did not.
Obama and Bush are/were both AWOL on the U.S. economy letting the system run itself and appointing several dark characters to perform economic policies or the lack thereof.
When Obama appointed Larry Summers - that is all anyone needed to make an assessment of what Obama thinks of the financial system....nothing. He didn't choose Summers...the machine did. And Larry Summers is a very, very, very good friend of Wall Street.

Okay. Ignore the word 'disappointment', and I'll leave out the word 'president'. What is the one thing Obama has done that you perceive as his biggest blunder.

I don't even consider him my president, or president of the United States, he's a total and complete fraud...

Capture-88.jpg

But that doesn't preclude you answering the question, does it?
Pretty much... I see EVERYTHING he's done as president as being done so illegally. One thing isn't any different than the other.

For a group that thinks so lowly of him, I would think it would be much easier to come up with concrete, specific examples.

Note the reference to Obama having been born in Kenya, STILL. Kenya didn't exist, Mombasa was part of the British East Africa, but STILL they believe in fraudulent documents. BIZARRE.

For a group that thinks so lowly of him, I would think it would be much easier to come up with concrete, specific examples.

I'd be here all week listing his failures. He did good by allowing concealed handguns in national parks, much to his chagrin.

If you can only pick one, the worst on the list, what would it be?

I don't even consider him my president, or president of the United States, he's a total and complete fraud...

Capture-88.jpg

But that doesn't preclude you answering the question, does it?
Pretty much... I see EVERYTHING he's done as president has been done so illegally. One thing isn't any different than the other.

What will do the most long-lasting damage, in your estimation. Of everything you've seen, over three years in.

If you can only pick one ... what would it be?

Mine is the extension of the Patriot Act. If I could only ask him one question, and get an honest answer, I'd want to know the logic behind that.

I would have to say, in the first years of his Administration a lack of focus on the economy and more focus on the healthcare bill. Let me explain, it's my humble opinion that President Obama used up a lot of the good will he had when first elected on the healthcare bill needlessly at a time, had he focused on the economy and housing issues would have gone a long way. I do believe the support for the provision for the "individual mandate" in the healthcare act was not very wise on the Administrations part and will more than likely be overturned. Had the Administration encouraged congress to pass a series of smaller bills such as " pre-existing condition", etc. they would have had wide support for those in my humble opinion.

If you can only pick one ... what would it be?

Mine is the extension of the Patriot Act. If I could only ask him one question, and get an honest answer, I'd want to know the logic behind that.

I would have to say, in the first years of his Administration a lack of focus on the economy and more focus on the healthcare bill. Let me explain, it's my humble opinion that President Obama used up a lot of the good will he had when first elected on the healthcare bill needlessly at a time, had he focused on the economy and housing issues would have gone a long way. I do believe the support for the provision for the "individual mandate" in the healthcare act was not very wise on the Administrations part and will more than likely be overturned. Had the Administration encouraged congress to pass a series of smaller bills such as " pre-existing condition", etc. they would have had wide support for those in my humble opinion.

In fact, I was just reading about that in Robert Draper's book. A very good read, there are no kid gloves. Pelosi is wrong, here's why. Obama is wrong, here's why. Weiner is ... well, we don't need to go over that again.

Yeah. The bill should have gone one piece at a time, and a lot more good could have been done.

I did not.

Okay. Ignore the word 'disappointment', and I'll leave out the word 'president'. What is the one thing Obama has done that you perceive as his biggest blunder.

Fine...his corruption or ignorance. Because the people that sit on this Presidents economic council are inarguably the same Goddamn people that caused the collapse.
Inarguable.
But I don't expect you or anyother Obama supporter to know this, or what critical key role Larry Summers and others on his team played.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'd be here all week listing his failures. He did good by allowing concealed handguns in national parks, much to his chagrin.

If you can only pick one, the worst on the list, what would it be?

Health care reform. Not in the sense that he actually had much to do with it. He didnt. But his team pushed the Dums in Congress to come up with this unconstitutional unworkable mess.
It set the tone for the rest of his presidency: we don't care about rules, we care about results. When the other side is oppositional, demonize them. Lie Lie Lie. Bribe Bribe Bribe. Then blame others when it doesn't work out like you thought.
The story of his presidency in a nutshell.

I did not.

Fine...his corruption or ignorance. Because the people that sit on this Presidents economic council are inarguably the same Goddamn people that caused the collapse.
Inarguable.
But I don't expect you or anyother Obama supporter to know this, or what critical key role Larry Summers and others on his team played.

See this thread? This is me trying to get educated on the whole picture, not just the D side.

Forum List

Back