my next door neighbor keeps letting my cat in his home

Ah! He rents. He may not be allowed to have pets. Find out who the landlord is and tell the landlord about this. If he's not allowed to have pets, that may solve the problem.

Also, though you think a collar is not a good idea, I would have an ID implanted so she is definitely identified as your animal, your property.

Yeah, I'm not too happy about it. He DID say she sits on his porch a lot and "scartches" at the door kind of thing, but she does that with us too. She is in her shelter a lot when it is cold. I agree about a house obv. being warmer etc.. but who knows what he does with the catS (YES- he has another one of mine in there too)- one I have taken care off everyday for 3 years. Both are very friendly and fixed.

The more I think about it the more I'm getting very very mad. It's like he tells me one think (he doesn't WANT A CAT), but lets them both in every night anyway! Maybe he is lonely but thats not my problem.

You might have to share her or let her go.

share her? why? She isn't his cat.

Keep in mind he said he does not want a cat- I asked him like 5 times.

What he is saying isn't jiving with what he's doing though. Especially if he bought cat litter. Maybe if he had one that he knew was orphaned, he might change his mind and leave your pets alone.

I can get him a cat anytime, even a smaller young cat/kitten.

I have outside cats. They love it. I have a huge shelter on the porch heated with a couple light bulbs. They keep the moles and mice under control outside and I feed them well and love them.

You are going to have to get rude with this dude. Get in his face and make a scene.

Sounds like you are jealous of your cat's new found friend. Also, your understanding of the relationship is backwards. You don't own a cat, the cat owns you. He also now owns your neighbor. Be happy for the cat as he has become more powerful. Someday this cat may rule over the entire neighborhood.

Bottom line, as long as the cat has no collar and is free to roam the neighborhood, it's likely to be making all kinds of friends that you may or may not approve of.

exactly Tony- these cats have been outdoor cats since they were young and love it. The street is fairly quiet and everyone knows our house and the cats. The thing thats gets me is this guy has been living next door for 2 years but said he didn't know she was my cat.

Sounds like you are jealous of your cat's new found friend. Also, your understanding of the relationship is backwards. You don't own a cat, the cat owns you. He also now owns your neighbor. Be happy for the cat as he has become more powerful. Someday this cat may rule over the entire neighborhood.

Bottom line, as long as the cat has no collar and is free to roam the neighborhood, it's likely to be making all kinds of friends that you may or may not approve of.

the cat has no collar because they are dangerous and they can choke. I tried the break away ones and they last a day.. Like I said he has 2 of my cats, not just the one.

I should be jealous, she is my cat. I feed her, pay her vet bills, give her love.

Word.

If this is the worst problem you have............... You don't have any problems. They are cats dammit!

Show the dude one of the vet bills and ask him to chip in half the cost next time. Maybe that will give him a new perspective.

Forum List

Back