Update on Smalls, My Main Coon...

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
In 2017, I picked up a rescue Main Coon. The papers say he's a full-blooded breed Maine Coon. But he didn't get anywhere near as big as I had hoped.

Still, he is a great cat, shows all the loyalty that Main Coons are known for, and I love him a great deal.

So, a last pic of him taken today to round out the story, for those who love cats..

Smalls.jpg

Last pic I'll post. He isn't sick or anything. Sorry, I didn't mean to convey that.

But that is what he does. He'll come up and lay his head on My hand or foot. That is My PJ ladened leg in the pic. lol

I love him!

James has always wanted a Maine, but I always figured it would eat my dog, lol!

I would lass, but I think that My time on this forum is at an end. I can't take it anymore.
I can understand that, sometimes a break is needed or just sticking to the kinder areas like hobbies, music, pets. He’s a lovely cat, my mother has a Maine Coon also :)

I love him!

James has always wanted a Maine, but I always figured it would eat my dog, lol!
LOL

They do sometimes, get enormous. But they have such a great disposition, that he/she would just pin the dog down and then make friends. They really are the 'gentle giants' of the domesticated cat world.

I can understand that, sometimes a break is needed or just sticking to the kinder areas like hobbies, music, pets. He’s a lovely cat, my mother has a Maine Coon also :)
Nice. Knowing the dispositions of Maine Coons, I'll bet she just loves him/her to death. They are easy to let into your heart.

How long and how heavy
Well, I've had him since 2017. He weighs in at 22 pounds and 30+ inches. He isn't the mega cat as you see in some pics, but he isn't small, really. He lays on you, you know he's there. :)

Last pic I'll post. He isn't sick or anything. Sorry, I didn't mean to convey that.

But that is what he does. He'll come up and lay his head on My hand or foot. That is My PJ ladened leg in the pic. lol

Sacked out in front of the heater. :laughing0301:

Nice. Knowing the dispositions of Maine Coons, I'll bet she just loves him/her to death. They are easy to let into your heart.
They are! This is her third, she’s goofy black and white girl. Not as big as the boys.

They are! This is her third, she’s goofy black and white girl. Not as big as the boys.
I'd love to see a pic sometime. The stark (what I call the black and white or high contrast) cats are beautiful.

LOL

They do sometimes, get enormous. But they have such a great disposition, that he/she would just pin the dog down and then make friends. They really are the 'gentle giants' of the domesticated cat world.

Didn't know there were such a thing as domesticated cats. Maybe I'm thinking of civilized...

James has two- a crazy hag I finally managed to befriend after 8 years. By befriend, I mean she doesn't try to dig ditches in my skin much anymore. Then there's her little 3 legged offspring. She's never harmed me, but I just think she hasn't gotten around to it yet.

Forum List

Back