Update on Smalls, My Main Coon...

He's no dummy. :)

Pretty much all cats know where the warm places are, we have four indoor cats here. Maxwell likes to sneak in between my wife and I at night, two of the other sleep on the foot of the bed. Or else they all four snuggle together on the living room couch.

Didn't know there were such a thing as domesticated cats. Maybe I'm thinking of civilized...

James has two- a crazy hag I finally managed to befriend after 8 years. By befriend, I mean she doesn't try to dig ditches in my skin much anymore. Then there's her little 3 legged offspring. She's never harmed me, but I just think she hasn't gotten around to it yet.
So, normal cats? lol

I would lass, but I think that My time on this forum is at an end. I can't take it anymore.
I know the feeling...

Nuff said!

Merry Christmas Eve!

Love your kitty! My husband and I are still mourning the loss of our sweet, sweet little kitty girl, a year and two months ago...but this week, was the first time we felt that it was time....finally time to let another sweet feline in to our lives and were even talking about Maine Coon, looked up the cost and holy Moley they are EXPENSIVE....who knew? But they said we could come by one for more or less free, much like you did!

Pretty much all cats know where the warm places are, we have four indoor cats here. Maxwell likes to sneak in between my wife and I at night, two of the other sleep on the foot of the bed. Or else they all four snuggle together on the living room couch.
I recently lost one of My oldest cats. He was a stray back in 2002 and a kitten of maybe two months? I never knew. We took him in and called him Andy.

When My wife lost her father in 2004, her mom was alone, and she wanted Andy for company. We agreed. Five months later, she began to bitch incessantly about Andy. He liked to yowl at night and push stuff off any level surface. But she wouldn't give him back.

When she passed in 2011, we inherited him again, and we had him until just six months ago.

I guess that made him about 22 years old. he was too old for what happened to him.

I got up to go to work and found him. He was hanging one leg from My chair. I don't know if he didn't make a jump or just fell off and his claw was hooked in the fabric.

At his age, he couldn't hold on and passed. That was how I found him.

It is strange how their loss affects us.

I know the feeling...

Nuff said!

Merry Christmas Eve!

Love your kitty! My husband and I are still mourning the loss of our sweet, sweet little kitty girl, a year and two months ago...but this week, was the first time we felt that it was time....finally time to let another sweet feline in to our lives and were even talking about Maine Coon, looked up the cost and holy Moley they are EXPENSIVE....who knew? But they said we could come by one for more or less free, much like you did!
Yeah, they are very popular. but if you can find one in a rescue shelter, they can be affordable.

I hope you find a great cat, they make life so much easier.

I recently lost one of My oldest cats. He was a stray back in 2002 and a kitten of maybe two months? I never knew. We took him in and called him Andy.

When My wife lost her father in 2004, her mom was alone, and she wanted Andy for company. We agreed. Five months later, she began to bitch incessantly about Andy. He liked to yowl at night and push stuff off any level surface. But she wouldn't give him back.

When she passed in 2011, we inherited him again, and we had him until just six months ago.

I guess that made him about 22 years old. he was too old for what happened to him.

I got up to go to work and found him. He was hanging one leg from My chair. I don't know if he didn't make a jump or just fell off and his claw was hooked in the fabric.

At his age, he couldn't hold on and passed. That was how I found him.

It is strange how their loss affects us.

That's sad. I have four little graves out in the back yard. They only see to live at the most 15-16 years here, before developing diabetes.

In 2017, I picked up a rescue Main Coon. The papers say he's a full-blooded breed Maine Coon. But he didn't get anywhere near as big as I had hoped.

Still, he is a great cat, shows all the loyalty that Main Coons are known for, and I love him a great deal.

So, a last pic of him taken today to round out the story, for those who love cats..

View attachment 878383
Nice looking vat. Looks a lot like mine.

big-boy1a.jpg

bigboy-web.jpg

That's sad. I have four little graves out in the back yard. They only see to live at the most 15-16 years here, before developing diabetes.
Yeah, that sucks.

I've had... 10 cats since 2001 when I moved in here.

Five from one litter. One for Me, and one for each child My wife had. She had three kids when we got together.

But we lost one in the washer before he even made it to full adulthood.

A momma cat and her kitten showed up shortly after Andy, but she died from being in heat too often without fulfillment and her kitten, Crabby, grew a cancer tumor on her back leg that killed her. Prinny, from the original litter, developed cancer in his chest and we put him down. That one damn near killed Me.

Lucy, because she was loosely wound, was a little grey and white cat with grey nose from that original litter. She used to lay on the china cabinet upside down an look at us like we were strange aliens.

Cookie, he got out and just never came back.

I only have two now.

Smalls,

And Billy. He's a pure white Maine Coon that the wife took in from the owner of the safeways she worked for.

I've had three dogs during all this too.

and a red racer turtle who just laughs at us all...

I know the feeling...

Nuff said!

Merry Christmas Eve!

This forum needs a hug emoji.

I'm sorry for your loss lass.

Some of the hardest times I've had in my life is deciding it's time to put your baby down. Don't know if I'll ever really get over those losses.

Some of the hardest times I've had in my life is deciding it's time to put your baby down. Don't know if I'll ever really get over those losses.
Can we ever? I remember every pet I've had to humanely put down. Breaks My heart even now.

LOL

They do sometimes, get enormous. But they have such a great disposition, that he/she would just pin the dog down and then make friends. They really are the 'gentle giants' of the domesticated cat world.

Oh, they do get big. I remember being in Maine during summer vacation long ago, and we went to visit some people. All of a sudden, two gigantic cats show up, one bigger than the other. Never saw the likes; I'm like, what the?? But they were very friendly.

Well, I've had him since 2017. He weighs in at 22 pounds and 30+ inches. He isn't the mega cat as you see in some pics, but he isn't small, really. He lays on you, you know he's there. :)
one of my "room mates" is a 14 pounder, so i have some idea that 22 lbs is a huge feline mass

Forum List

Back