DIY Doggie PooBag!

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
I used two throw pillows by removing the stuffing and adding the braided rope I salvaged off another craft item. Now when I take the dogs for their walk/run, I don't have to walk around with a plastic baggie full of poo. I tuck the filled bags INSIDE the PooBag. Plenty of room for a doggy water bottle and small bowl in case they get thirsty. All In One bag so hands are free since it is slung low over your shoulder. :)

pshgg.jpg

That flapping plastic baggie full of poo irritates me. This way, I can put it in the bag. I also can put in pretty rocks and shells I find, in the small plastc jar that also fits in there. So in essence, the PooBag is lined with a plastic bag...the rolls of poo picker upper small bags are on the side of the plastic bag. The other side is the jar for treasures. In short....3 compartments inside the PooBag. Poo, rolled up baggies, jar. Hangs over my shoulder. MUCH easier on me. :)

AND..ladies and gents...since it is cotton fabric (thick, since it was a throw pillow), it can be tossed in the washer!

AND...if you don't want to use it as a PooBag...it can be used at the grocery store to put your goods in at check out. One of the PooBags is going in my car for the dogs. The other one is for groceries. ;)

AND..ladies and gents...since it is cotton fabric (thick, since it was a throw pillow), it can be tossed in the washer!

AND...if you don't want to use it as a PooBag...it can be used at the grocery store to put your goods in at check out. One of the PooBags is going in my car for the dogs. The other one is for groceries. ;)
Do you think you might get them mixed up some day?

Do you think you might get them mixed up some day?
Why did I KNOW you were going to say that? Huh? Cuz I'm smart...or we both have the same thoughts, lol.

Would it be asking too much for you to post a picture of the inside?

Without the poo of course.
Inside looks like the inside of an empty pillow case, hon. I wish I could make the compartments with cloth to divide the inside and the bottom of the "bag" flat, but I don't have a sewing machine and would have no clue how to do it. So..I have to DIY with other ideas. Like..for the poo collected in the small bags...I will insert inside a big freezer ziplock baggie. Next to that will be the small sandwich size zip lock baggie for the roll of poo baggies I bought at the pet store. Next to that will be either a small glass jar, or most probably, yet another ziplock baggie for beach treasures. Next to that will be the small water bottle for myself and to pour into a small meat plastic container that comes with the deli meat from oscar meyer for example. The bag is not too big, but big enough to fit ALL those things. However, if material could be used as the compartments to separate it all, that would be great. Use your imagination and make one, Mr. H! Then go to Shark Tank and sell that sucker!

Another idea is to make a baggie pocket to sew on the front of the PooBag...to put the filled poobag in. But I don't like that idea cuz it would get squished if I turned the bag the wrong way and it was aimed at my hip. Eww. BUT...the empty baggies could be in that!

I googled poop bags on BING. Saw lots that attach to a leash but NOTHING for over-the-shoulder.

Inside looks like the inside of an empty pillow case, hon. I wish I could make the compartments with cloth to divide the inside and the bottom of the "bag" flat, but I don't have a sewing machine and would have no clue how to do it. So..I have to DIY with other ideas. Like..for the poo collected in the small bags...I will insert inside a big freezer ziplock baggie. Next to that will be the small sandwich size zip lock baggie for the roll of poo baggies I bought at the pet store. Next to that will be either a small glass jar, or most probably, yet another ziplock baggie for beach treasures. Next to that will be the small water bottle for myself and to pour into a small meat plastic container that comes with the deli meat from oscar meyer for example. The bag is not too big, but big enough to fit ALL those things. However, if material could be used as the compartments to separate it all, that would be great. Use your imagination and make one, Mr. H! Then go to Shark Tank and sell that sucker!
That sounds complicated. But it needs to be fine-tuned, then the plans shipped to a Chinese sweatshop, then import them back to the U.S. and retail them at Pet Smart for $29.99 while maintaining a 6% profit margin.

That sounds complicated. But it needs to be fine-tuned, then the plans shipped to a Chinese sweatshop, then import them back to the U.S. and retail them at Pet Smart for $29.99 while maintaining a 6% profit margin.
Ok. do it. Just remember me when you get rich, lol.

Something like this....but with longer straps so you can be hands free.

And for design...doggy paw prints.

il_570xN.468762270_53kz.jpg

Forum List

Back