Muslim Who Won’t Sell Pork Loses Dunkin’ Donuts Franchise

When people make reference to the Muslim Cab driver issue, normally they are referencing that one because of the national media attention it garnered.

Muslim cab drivers lose round in court | Minnesota Public Radio News

>>>>

Which was rubbish. Why should Muslims be forced to ferry dogs and alcohol when Christians who work in pharmacies can claim religious objection to avoid filling scripts for birth control?

They shouldn't be able to, and should have their license pulled.

Agreed, and I think it was find the pull the license of the cabbies. I just want people to understand what they're supporting.

Weird... they'll happily strap C4 cluttered with ball bearings onto kids and send them into market places filled with other Muslims and then blow those kids to hell... but woe betide them if they sell alcohol or pork.

Terriorist who happen to be muslim do that not true Muslims. Let me fair about that. Having said that companies have a right to control a franchise and if the contract was up and what to sell pork he can do it or find something else to sell. I hate terriorist but admire people for sticking to their believes.

As a practicng Muslim he has no choice. He can not even handle pork, If his business began to carry it he would have to quit going to his own business as he could not enter the kitchen area.

But the decision was the right one. It is a contract and has nothing to do with religion. DD has a line of foods and they expect him to provide them if he wants to be in the Franchise.

He had his day in court and lost. The left in this argument have failed to provide any evidence that DD or the Courts are prejudice against Muslims as has Sunni man.

The left? SM is the only person I've seen in this thread arguing in favor of the franchisee. The liberals I've seen in this thread have been saying DD is just performing something they're allowed to do under the contract.

Dunkin' Donuts are entitled to protect their brand. Don't like that, don't buy their franchise. Simple.
Yep. You -choose- to take the franchise, and in doing so, you -choose- to abide by the rules and regulations. As soon as you -choose- not to, the company can revoke your franchise.

Of course, many people, expexially liberals, bekieve that your choices should be free from repercussions.

When he bought the franchise DD didn't sell pork products.

And for 20 years he has been operating his business without offering bacon or pork sausage products with the blessings of DD corporate office.

Then all at once DD comes along and changes the rules and says that he has to offer pork products.
when his franchise came up for renewal they invoked the new rules fair enough they honored it until then . he knew there would be a problem

Dunkin' Donuts are entitled to protect their brand. Don't like that, don't buy their franchise. Simple.
Yep. You -choose- to take the franchise, and in doing so, you -choose- to abide by the rules and regulations. As soon as you -choose- not to, the company can revoke your franchise.

So, you approve of religious discrimination? F- them pork-avoiding damned Jews?

Druggist has personal, religion-based views about birth control products. He is against their use. He refuses to sell them at his drug store. Only it isn't his drug store - it's Rite-Aid and he is merely the franchise owner. Rite-Aid hears about this and orders him to sell birth control products along with everything else. He refuses. They lift his franchise. He sues.

And . . . . . ?

Now, before you respond to this post, make sure you don't have a post on here somewhere from a year or so ago where you were supporting the right of a druggist to deny birth control products to his customers because of his own personal beliefs. If these "damn Muslims" can lose their franchises because they won't sell pork, then, it seems to me, druggists who balk at selling birth control products should also.

Last edited:
Druggist has personal, religion-based views about birth control products. He is against their use. He refuses to sell them at his drug store. Only it isn't his drug store - it's Rite-Aid and he is merely the franchise owner. Rite-Aid hears about this and orders him to sell birth control products along with everything else. He refuses. They lift his franchise. He sues.

And . . . . . ?

Now, before you respond to this post, make sure you don't have a post on here somewhere from a year or so ago where you were supporting the right of a druggist to deny birth control products to his customers because of his own personal beliefs. If these "damn Muslims" can lose their franchises because they won't sell pork, then, it seems to me, druggists who balk at selling birth control products should also.

"Should" or "Could". In my mind that is up to the parties involved. If a parent company views it as a requirement for the conduct of their business model, then a pharmacy franchise "could" apply the same rule at the time the contract was offered or up for renewal. On the other hand, the franchise company could say "we don't care", local store it's up to your owner.

BTW - feel free to go back through my posts. I've consistently supported the idea that the general classification of laws the mandates conduct of private businesses in terms of employment and their customer service models should be repealed. The "public accommodation" laws should only apply to government entities and how they conduct operations since the government is mandated to treat all citizens equally under the law.

>>>>

Weird... they'll happily strap C4 cluttered with ball bearings onto kids and send them into market places filled with other Muslims and then blow those kids to hell... but woe betide them if they sell alcohol or pork.

Terriorist who happen to be muslim do that not true Muslims. Let me fair about that. Having said that companies have a right to control a franchise and if the contract was up and what to sell pork he can do it or find something else to sell. I hate terriorist but admire people for sticking to their believes.

As a practicng Muslim he has no choice. He can not even handle pork, If his business began to carry it he would have to quit going to his own business as he could not enter the kitchen area.

But the decision was the right one. It is a contract and has nothing to do with religion. DD has a line of foods and they expect him to provide them if he wants to be in the Franchise.

He had his day in court and lost. The left in this argument have failed to provide any evidence that DD or the Courts are prejudice against Muslims as has Sunni man.
he like everybody else DID have a choice he choose his religion over the dictates of the company that granted him the franchise if we take a stance we expect repercusions .
what if somebody founded a religion that mandated they dont work on fridays but get paid for it would that be okay ??/
there are many things i cant or choose not to do cus im a atheist i but stand for what i believe is right and suffer the consequences so be it .

And . . . . . ?

He should lose the franchise. END OF STORY. Contracts have ramifications. When you sign documents and agreements you'd better read them, or better yet have your attorney read them and make changes that protect you....

And . . . . . ?

As an Independent, he has a Right to sell what he wants. As a part of a franchise, he has to play by their rules.

Just more evidence of prejudice in the U.S. against muslims.

Nothing new; muslims see and experience it every day. :cool:
your full of shit there is NO MORE prejudice against muslims then any other religion if any at all. in fact the PC crowd goes out of their way to make sure no muslim is **insulted ** by anything said or written .
example im not religious at all and i can laugh at jesus with impunity but if i say one thing about muhammed the whole world comes crashing down on me .
that company has its rules if he doesnt like them move on . the world doesnt revolve around the islamic religion other folks have rights to .

And . . . . . ?

If it's a franchise and the franchisor demands that the druggist (who likely doesn't own the franchise but is an employee of the franchisee) who refuses to sell birth control pills should be fired since he's only an employee.

A druggist who owns his own independent drug store should be able to sell anything, or not sell anything they damn well please. A franchise should be able to allow or not allow the sale of contraceptives if they so choose.

A muslim can start a donut franchise of their own and refuse to sell pork nationwide and fire anyone who comes in smelling like bacon.

Americans will be prejudiced against muslims for the next fifty years. That's just the way it is. 9/11 wasn't perpetrated by the Boy Scouts of America. AND it wasn't JUST the fact that muslims did it... it is the fact that they did it for religious reasons. I know...it sucks to be a muslim in America. I sympathize but that won't change anything.

And . . . . . ?

If it's a franchise and the franchisor demands that the druggist (who likely doesn't own the franchise but is an employee of the franchisee) who refuses to sell birth control pills should be fired since he's only an employee.

A druggist who owns his own independent drug store should be able to sell anything, or not sell anything they damn well please. A franchise should be able to allow or not allow the sale of contraceptives if they so choose.

A muslim can start a donut franchise of their own and refuse to sell pork nationwide and fire anyone who comes in smelling like bacon.

The last of three or four excellent posts on the point I raised about the druggist. I agree with all of you on this - except, while I suppose an independent druggist has a right to refuse to sell birth control products to customers of the drug store, I'm not sure I agree with his refusing to do so. Seems to me the needs of the customers should override the personal views of the (individual) druggist.

Last edited:

And . . . . . ?

The last of three or four excellent posts on the point I raised about the druggist. I agree with all of you on this - except, while I suppose an independent druggist has a right to refuse to sell birth control products to customers of the drug store, I'm not sure I agree with his refusing to do so. Seems to me the needs of the customers should override the personal views of the (individual) druggist.
i agree with the premise that a company owner should be able to sell what he wants and to whom ,,backing up rand pauls claim that a restaurant owner should be able to serve whites only if he chooses

And . . . . . ?

The customers have other places that can fulfill their needs. You cannot force private business to sell products that they do not want to sell.

Personally, I would sell as many products and services as possible, that is why I am in business- to serve a market and profit from that service. But if an independent drug store owner decides that he or she does not want to sell certain products, it is their decision. Freedom.

Americans will be prejudiced against muslims for the next fifty years. That's just the way it is. 9/11 wasn't perpetrated by the Boy Scouts of America. AND it wasn't JUST the fact that muslims did it... it is the fact that they did it for religious reasons. I know...it sucks to be a muslim in America. I sympathize but that won't change anything.

Jews killed Jesus, a more relevant and greater crime than 9/11. It sucks to be Jew in the hands of an angry God, or in a nation that wakes up. That's just a a fact. I don't sympathize.

Forum List

Back