Muslim threats force out disabled teacher with dog

So it's okay to sacrifice the kids for that cause. Ok. It's about what the parents want, not about what's best for the kids.

Which is pretty much my problem with it.

Sacrifice? Excuse me? Why don't you ask the kids what THEY want instead of assuming that you know whats best for them?

You know, sometimes I get tired of responding to you because though I don't think you really are stupid, you just ask the most idiotic questions, and the answers are self-evident. I feel like I'm talking to a 5-year-old.

If you KNOW a child is going to suffer because you are gay, then you CHOOSE to adopt anyway, you are CHOOSING to inflict pain on a child.

And if your black, blacks are discriminated against more. So are Hispanics. So are poor people.

So basically the only people who should adopt are white, middle or upper class WASPS. Fabulous idea.

You know, sometimes I get tired of responding to you because though I don't think you really are stupid, you just ask the most idiotic questions, and the answers are self-evident. I feel like I'm talking to a 5-year-old.

If you KNOW a child is going to suffer because you are gay, then you CHOOSE to adopt anyway, you are CHOOSING to inflict pain on a child.

Not only do I not KNOW a child would suffer from having gay parents, I also seriously doubt that they would. Unless...some freakin' gay bashers harassed them. Why don't you ask the freaking gay bashers why they would CHOOSE to inflict pain on a child, you stupid moron?

Sacrifice? Excuse me? Why don't you ask the kids what THEY want instead of assuming that you know whats best for them?

The whole thing with parenting is there are parents who make choices for the kids until they're old enough to make them themselves.

Parents try to provide the safest, most loving environment they can for their children. For example, they may attend college, establish financial security, get married to a person who shares the same world view, establish a college fund, get some standing in the community, whatever...then they start a family. They do what they can to provide for their child's needs and try to avoid situations which put their child at risk.

CHILDREN DON'T GET A VOICE. You can't ask a kid what he wants if he's an infant. Kids who are 10 years old don't know what's best for them. These are the tough decisions that come with being adult and being a parent.

I've no doubt you would never choose now at this point to have any other parents. That's great, that's wonderful. But the point is still the same. Your parents knew you would suffer because of their lifestyle, and they made the decision to sacrifice your peace of mind, safety, happiness, whatever the risks were, because THEY wanted a kid.

You came second to their desire for a child.

Are you talking about infants? Because infants don't get raised in institutions or by foster parents...except in the case where they have been removed from their parents and are bounced back and forth between foster parents and biological parents. Which I don't think is the population we're referring to.

And if you're talking about older kids, then the gay parents WOULD be the "foster parents" in which case your point makes no sense. They're one and the same.

I'm hung up on the "instititution" thing, though. Are you talking about orphanages, like in Oliver Twist? Because they really don't exist anymore. Or are you talking about juvenile detention, in which case, even gay parents aren't lining up for those kids, and if they did, the kids come with so much baggage (often sexual, often violent) it would be a real crap shoot to see how well they'd do with openly gay foster parents.

Yeah, institutions probably don't exist anymore, except for handicapped orphans and juvenile hall, like you say. It's probabaly all foster homes.
However, people, gays and otherwise, do adopt older children.

The whole thing with parenting is there are parents who make choices for the kids until they're old enough to make them themselves.

Parents try to provide the safest, most loving environment they can for their children. For example, they may attend college, establish financial security, get married to a person who shares the same world view, establish a college fund, get some standing in the community, whatever...then they start a family. They do what they can to provide for their child's needs and try to avoid situations which put their child at risk.

CHILDREN DON'T GET A VOICE. You can't ask a kid what he wants if he's an infant. Kids who are 10 years old don't know what's best for them. These are the tough decisions that come with being adult and being a parent.

I've no doubt you would never choose now at this point to have any other parents. That's great, that's wonderful. But the point is still the same. Your parents knew you would suffer because of their lifestyle, and they made the decision to sacrifice your peace of mind, safety, happiness, whatever the risks were, because THEY wanted a kid.

What a POS you are.

I want to add, though, that those decisions of course are weighed against what parents have to offer.

What have your parents told you? Did they say that they knew it would be difficult for you, but they believed that the positive things they could provide you outweighed the negative aspect of being raised by them?

And of course it also has to do with your location. It might be you were raised in a liberal community where it's common enough that they didn't see it as being a huge issue.

Not only do I not KNOW a child would suffer from having gay parents, I also seriously doubt that they would. Unless...some freakin' gay bashers harassed them. Why don't you ask the freaking gay bashers why they would CHOOSE to inflict pain on a child, you stupid moron?

I agree with that. I think that the younger generations are much more open-minded about sexual orientation and having gay parents is not a big deal like it might have been for kids in the fifties.

I want to add, though, that those decisions of course are weighed against what parents have to offer.

What have your parents told you? Did they say that they knew it would be difficult for you, but they believed that the positive things they could provide you outweighed the negative aspect of being raised by them?

And of course it also has to do with your location. It might be you were raised in a liberal community where it's common enough that they didn't see it as being a huge issue.

What do you tell your children? Did you tell them that you knew it would be difficult for them, but you believed that the positive things would rule out the negative aspect of being raised by a rabid homophobe? Did you tell them that it's okay to bash the children of gay parents because after all the gay parent's choose to have children?

Not having kids at all is a despicable thing to demand of gays because of the unfortunate situation of having to live in a homophobic society.

Ask them when they hit 18 then. They will say the same thing.

I've no doubt you would never choose now at this point to have any other parents. That's great, that's wonderful. But the point is still the same.

No, actually the point isn't the same. Since I wouldn't change it, and I lived through it and you are just making shit up, my opinion counts and yours doesn't. There are things that suck about, but there are also things that are good about it.

Tell me Allie, your kids were born in poverty weren't they? Weren't you a single mom? I've gone through the qualifications of one of my parents. You really think that she is somehow less able and stable and wealthy enough to provide for a child, than you are? Or do you think that you shouldn't have had children either?

Your parents knew you would suffer because of their lifestyle, and they made the decision to sacrifice your peace of mind, safety, happiness, whatever the risks were, because THEY wanted a kid.

Every child will suffer, and no parent is perfect. That doesn't mean that they don't care about the kid and the kid comes second to their own desires.

I agree with that. I think that the younger generations are much more open-minded about sexual orientation and having gay parents is not a big deal like it might have been for kids in the fifties.

Ask Larkinn about how great he was treated, then you'll know instead of just putting on your rosy glasses, blowing smoke rings, and assuming the best of everyone....

I'm one of the first, and oldest, so no it wasn't "common enough". But yes, I was raised in a liberal community

Not having kids at all is a despicable thing to demand of gays because of the unfortunate situation of having to live in a homophobic society.

No, actually the point isn't the same. Since I wouldn't change it, and I lived through it and you are just making shit up, my opinion counts and yours doesn't. There are things that suck about, but there are also things that are good about it.

Tell me Allie, your kids were born in poverty weren't they? Weren't you a single mom? I've gone through the qualifications of one of my parents. You really think that she is somehow less able and stable and wealthy enough to provide for a child, than you are? Or do you think that you shouldn't have had children either?

Every child will suffer, and no parent is perfect. That doesn't mean that they don't care about the kid and the kid comes second to their own desires.

Sure it does. If they know the kid will suffer, they have a choice to be childless, and they choose to have a child anyway. That's putting the child second.
It isn't particular to gay parents, but it's a fact nonetheless.

Oh, yeah, that's a really horrible post.
Fucking idiot.

Not really. You said a really nasty thing about Larkinn's parents.
Though I tend to agree that parents have kids for selfish reasons. All parents though, not just gay parents.

Sure it does. If they know the kid will suffer, they have a choice to be childless, and they choose to have a child anyway. That's putting the child second.

The only way they suffer is because of morons like you that pick on them because their parents are gay. Why do you inflict pain knowingly on a child?

Seriously, what is wrong with you?

Every child will suffer. That doesn't mean that life will be better with a straight parent, or not at all.

By the way, I wasn't adopted. If my parents hadn't decided to "make me suffer", I wouldn't exist. I rather enjoy life, thank you very much.

Bingo! Knowing what I do about Allie from this board I have my doubts about her ability to be a good parent. She certainly isn't anyone to be throwing stones.

And yet your focusing on my parents, because they are gay. Do you often go out and criticize other peoples parents? Why do you feel that its acceptable now?

Blacks suffer discrimination in this country too. You would never think to go out and tell someone who was black and pregnant "man...you are putting yourself ahead of your child". But racism has fallen out of vogue, while somehow homophobia is still A OK. Yeah, it did suck. But in part it was because of people like you. The people who hated me because of who my parents were. The people who didn't understand homosexuals. And the condescending assholes who thought they were better than me or felt sorry for me.

I'm focusing on your parents because YOU brought them up after YOU made the assumption that I hated gays and after YOU said you were familiar with my "ilk" because your parents were gay.

We're talking about your parents because you used them while trying to paint me as a hater of gays. Which I'm not. Now we're talking about your parents because Ravir is whining around that I'm some sort of heartless puke because I believe when anyone chooses their own desires over what they know to be best for their kids, it's a selfish choice.

Good grief. If you didn't want them brought into it, you shouldn't have beat me over the head with them.

Forum List

Back