Muslim threats force out disabled teacher with dog

dread

Mar 5, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
The threat came from a Somali student who is Muslim, according to Hurd, St. Cloud State and school district officials.

The Muslim faith, which is the dominant faith of Somali immigrants, forbids the touching of dogs.

Hurd trained at Talahi Community School and Tech. He said his experience at Talahi was good. The Somali students there warmed to the dog and eventually petted him using paper to keep their hands off his fur, Hurd said.

Things didn't go as well at Tech, Hurd said. Students there taunted his dog, and he finally felt he had to leave after he was told a student made a threat. Hurd met with Lockhart but said he did not feel comfortable continuing.

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080512/NEWS01/105120058

Yep...More proof that Islam is a religion of tolerance.

The Muslim faith, which is the dominant faith of Somali immigrants, forbids the touching of dogs.

The Muslim faith does not forbid touching dogs. Many people in Middle Eastern countries, of all faiths, are careful not to touch dogs they don't know because the threat of rabies is of more concern in countries were vaccination programs are less common.

I have Muslim friends and neighbors and they all love and frequently pet my dog. One of my Muslim friends had a German Shepard growing up.

The threat came from a Somali student who is Muslim, according to Hurd, St. Cloud State and school district officials.

Hurd trained at Talahi Community School and Tech. He said his experience at Talahi was good. The Somali students there warmed to the dog and eventually petted him using paper to keep their hands off his fur, Hurd said.

Things didn't go as well at Tech, Hurd said. Students there taunted his dog, and he finally felt he had to leave after he was told a student made a threat. Hurd met with Lockhart but said he did not feel comfortable continuing.

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080512/NEWS01/105120058

Yep...More proof that Islam is a religion of tolerance.

Are you retarded? There are 1 billion Muslims in the world and you want to generalize them because of one example?

Considering you go around these boards looking for any and every reason to spew trash and insults against Muslims, I really don't think that YOU have any room to call someone else intolerant.

The Muslim faith does not forbid touching dogs. Many people in Middle Eastern countries, of all faiths, are careful not to touch dogs they don't know because the threat of rabies is of more concern in countries were vaccination programs are less common.

I have Muslim friends and neighbors and they all love and frequently pet my dog. One of my Muslim friends had a German Shepard growing up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_animals#Dogs

Are you retarded? There are 1 billion Muslims in the world and you want to generalize them because of one example?

Considering you go around these boards looking for any and every reason to spew trash and insults against Muslims, I really don't think that YOU have any room to call someone else intolerant.

Actually, it's not "one example" of intolerance. It's another example of the intolerance of the FAITH, not the people.

People claim it's a religion of tolerance. It isn't. The holy book isn't. At least, not anymore. I think maybe at one time it was.

Actually, it's not "one example" of intolerance. It's another example of the intolerance of the FAITH, not the people.

Really? Evidence for this? Or is this just more hate-spewing in the name of tolerance?

People claim it's a religion of tolerance. It isn't. The holy book isn't. At least, not anymore. I think maybe at one time it was.

Oh? And how exactly did the book change between those times?

If you think that's "hate-spewing" you need to spend more time reading your own posts. Or be exposed to some real hatred. Or both.

If you think that's "hate-spewing" you need to spend more time reading your own posts. Or be exposed to some real hatred. Or both.

My parents are gay. I think I've seen enough hate from your ilk to know what its like.

So he was not a good Muslim then?

Though dogs are not allowed for pets, they are allowed to be kept if used for work, such as guarding your house or farm, or when used for hunting purposes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_animals#Dogs

My parents are gay. I think I've seen enough hate from your ilk to know what its like.

Yeah, that love the "sinner", hate the "sin" stuff is a buncha hooey, isn't it?

I do so love the "compossionate conservatives". There's absolutely no concept of humanity...unless, of course, you haven't been born yet.

A good example of what having gay parents will do to a kid.
You're hostile, confused, and neurotic. Don't blame me.

I do so love the "compossionate conservatives". There's absolutely no concept of humanity...unless, of course, you haven't been born yet.

Unlike yourself, the icon of compassionate generosity.

Larkinn's a jackass. I feel sorry for his parents. He obviously has a lot of anger which he projects onto others.

A good example of what having gay parents will do to a kid.
You're hostile, confused, and neurotic. Don't blame me.

I'm not blaming you for anything except being an idiot. Which I guess isn't really your fault either.

Larkinn's a jackass. I feel sorry for his parents. He obviously has a lot of anger which he projects onto others.

I have a lot of anger, but yet your the one calling me names and insulting me here, eh?

I don't think its me who is confused. :rofl:

I'm not blaming you for anything except being an idiot. Which I guess isn't really your fault either.

I have a lot of anger, but yet your the one calling me names and insulting me here, eh?

I don't think its me who is confused. :rofl:

You are to busy playing games with words and meanings. Putz, moron, those words apply.

Calling you a jackass is just the truth. It's a title, you should be proud of it. Lord Jackass.

Other than that, you and Jillie take your reading comprehension samplers and read through the thread and see who comes across as angry. It's not me.

Gosh, that's not anger....nor is it name calling.

Irrelevant trolling meant to spawn anger and hate.

Forum List

Back