Muslim threats force out disabled teacher with dog

:rolleyes:

But somehow disagree with me, when I agree with that statement.

As I said, not a great leap. You didn't say "not a great choice", you said I was hostile, and confused, and something else because my parents were gay.

As are you, which I've pointed out.

Yeah, based upon your attack on me and my "ilk" when you made the incorrect assumption that I hate gays.
I stand by it. You come across as hostile and confused. You certainly read animosity into posts where there isn't any. Pardon me if, given your rant about knowing all about hatred and all that, I think it just might have something to do with having injustice visited upon you as a result of having gay parents. You said being the son of gay parents you had experienced hatred, after all. It's a logical determination.

Yeah, based upon your attack on me and my "ilk" when you made the incorrect assumption that I hate gays.

No, I based it on the fact that you are a conservative.

I stand by it. You come across as hostile and confused. You certainly read animosity into posts where there isn't any.

But yet I pointed out numerous assumptions you make which are incorrect. You corrected me on assumptions I made and I acknowledged them. Have the honesty to do me the favor in return.

Pardon me if, given your rant about knowing all about hatred and all that

Rant? It was one line. Thats not exactly a rant.

, I think it just might have something to do with having injustice visited upon you as a result of having gay parents. You said being the son of gay parents you had experienced hatred, after all. It's a logical determination.

Yes I did. It didn't shatter my world and turn me into a hostile confused mess. I dealt with it. Enough so that I can post it on a message board where I know I'm exposing myself to attacks. Yours isn't the first explanation and rationalization of homophobia that I've heard here.

No, I based it on the fact that you are a conservative.

But yet I pointed out numerous assumptions you make which are incorrect. You corrected me on assumptions I made and I acknowledged them. Have the honesty to do me the favor in return.

Rant? It was one line. Thats not exactly a rant.

Yes I did. It didn't shatter my world and turn me into a hostile confused mess. I dealt with it. Enough so that I can post it on a message board where I know I'm exposing myself to attacks. Yours isn't the first explanation and rationalization of homophobia that I've heard here.

Er...stating that I don't believe gay parents provide a No. 1 ideal environment for bringing up happy, well adjusted kids does not make me a homophobe, nor is it a rationalization for anything.

More evidence of your hostility and paranoia on such matters.

Er...stating that I don't believe gay parents provide a No. 1 ideal environment for bringing up happy, well adjusted kids does not make me a homophobe, nor is it a rationalization for anything.

When people confront a situation where one is an acceptable choice (gays choosing a child) and one isn't (bashing gays and kids of gays because one is a homophobic), and deciding that the problem lies with the parents, as opposed to those who give the kids shit at school and in other situations?

Yeah, its rationalized homophobia. Not the same as someone calling me a fag, but no less pernicious.

More evidence of your hostility and paranoia on such matters.

Which I'm sure is due to my parents, eh? :rolleyes:

It's a theory based upon your own statements. Could be right, could be wrong. But...it's based on your own statements.
And I'll ask you the same question I asked Ravir, and which she was unable to answer. Where have I bashed gays, or their kids?

I haven't.

And it's your opinion that it's no less pernicious than calling someone a fag, because you have absolutely no tolerance for any viewpoint but your own. Take those labels and turn them on yourself, because you and your "ilk" are the only ones showing intolerance in this thread.

It's a theory based upon your own statements. Could be right, could be wrong. But...it's based on your own statements.

Nowhere in my statements did I blame my parents. You did. So no, its been based on your preconceived notions and assumptions.

And I'll ask you the same question I asked Ravir, and which she was unable to answer. Where have I bashed gays, or their kids?

I haven't.

When you blamed hostility and confusion on my parents.

Nowhere in my statements did I blame my parents. You did. So no, its been based on your preconceived notions and assumptions.

When you blamed hostility and confusion on my parents.

No, you said you'd been exposed to hatred because you had gay parents. I didn't "preconceive" that.

You said it, don't wimp out now.

And it's your opinion that it's no less pernicious than calling someone a fag,

Yes, it is my opinion. Which I think carries some weight, since I've lived through both and you haven't.

because you have absolutely no tolerance for any viewpoint but your own.

Except when I defended abortion. Or maybe when I defend gay marriage. Neither of which I fully support.

There are valid reasons to be against gay marriage. If you want to argue against it, provide them. This "omg it will ruin marriage if we let the fags in" argument is patently homophobic.

Take those labels and turn them on yourself, because you and your "ilk" are the only ones showing intolerance in this thread.

Yes, I'm intolerant of homophobia. I don't feel an ounce of sorrow for that intolerance. I don't much like racism or Islamophobia either. Feel free to justify that crap all you want, its still crap.

No, you said you'd been exposed to hatred because you had gay parents. I didn't "preconceive" that.

Yeah, by homophobes. People are exposed to hatred because they are black too, I don't see you blaming those parents for having kids.

People are exposed to hatred for a variety of reasons. You can't help being black, or the product of rape, or suffering physical deformity. You CAN help adopting a child into a situation you know is going to cause the child grief.

I didn't say they should be prevented from doing it. I said it was a selfish choice. Just as abortion is a selfish choice, you're making a decision for a child who cannot speak for itself to end it's life, I think it's a selfish choice for gay parents to adopt a child because they "want" a child, knowing the difficulties the child is going to suffer because of it.

And as I said (third time now) you balance that with the benefits you believe you can provide a child.

Big deal. It wasn't a big attack on your parents or you. You're hyper sensitive because of your imagined "attacks" by me and my "ilk". Nothing you say or do in this thread is going to make it look like I'm homophobic or I condone homophobia, or I hate gays, or anything else. I'm entitled to my opinion, and that's what it is. You're entitled to yours. The difference is, I don't see your opinion as some sort of personal attack on me (despite attempts to make it so) and you see any opinion which is different from yours as a personal attack.

Get over it. I'm sure you have enough real problems without looking for ones in quarters where they don't exist.

People are exposed to hatred for a variety of reasons. You can't help being black, or the product of rape, or suffering physical deformity. You CAN help adopting a child into a situation you know is going to cause the child grief.

You do know that blacks when they decide to have a kid, know its going to be black, right?

I didn't say they should be prevented from doing it. I said it was a selfish choice. Just as abortion is a selfish choice, you're making a decision for a child who cannot speak for itself to end it's life, I think it's a selfish choice for gay parents to adopt a child because they "want" a child, knowing the difficulties the child is going to suffer because of it.

And as I said (third time now) you balance that with the benefits you believe you can provide a child.

As I said before, my parents didn't adopt me.

Big deal. It wasn't a big attack on your parents or you.

No, it wasn't big. It was however hopophobic. Your the one dancing around trying to prove it wasn't. It was. Big deal. So your somewhat homophobic, join the majority of the US that is.

You're hyper sensitive because of your imagined "attacks" by me and my "ilk".

Imagined attacks? Not really. Now your just tripping yourself up. If the attacks are imagined, why again shouldn't gays have kids?

And I'm not hypersensitive. I realize its homophobia, I call it out, and then I move on.

Nothing you say or do in this thread is going to make it look like I'm homophobic or I condone homophobia, or I hate gays, or anything else. I'm entitled to my opinion, and that's what it is. You're entitled to yours.

Yes, you are entitled to be homophobic. And I'm entitled to call it out.

The difference is, I don't see your opinion as some sort of personal attack on me (despite attempts to make it so) and you see any opinion which is different from yours as a personal attack.

Not quite. If you re-read the thread, after you started explaining yourself I questioned you. Once it became apparent your explanations were just pathetic rationalizations, I called you out as a homophobe.

Get over it. I'm sure you have enough real problems without looking for ones in quarters where they don't exist.

Wait, I thought they were imaginary? And no, I don't. Homophobia doesn't hurt me anymore, its just retarded.

People are exposed to hatred for a variety of reasons. You can't help being black

You can certainly not have kids if you are black though, can't you?

After you convince gay people they can't be parents, who will you turn on next that might have kids that might be picked on because of their parents' lifestyle?

Another accusatory post that implies a lot but has nothing to do with reality or anything I've ever said.

Again. Please provide reference to any post where I've said anything about blacks not having kids (in fact, quite the opposite, moron), or where I've "picked" or "turned" on parents?

Can't find it, can you. I guess that makes you the hypocrite. As well as being a liar.

And by the way, for future reference....when you accuse people of things they don't do, and then realize you can't prove they said or believe any of the idiotic things you attribute to them...that doesn't make THEM hypocrites, dingbat.

No, you are. You claim gays shouldn't have children because someone might pick on the kids for having gay parents. You don't care about the kids, if you did, you'd be angry at the ones doing the harassing.

Forum List

Back