Muslim threats force out disabled teacher with dog

I don't judge how others live. I base my assumptions on the results. I see in you an angry, frustrated man who does not appear to be happy at all with his own life, and even less happy with the lives of those he sees around him.

You are basing your assumptions on something you know absolutely nothing about. If you seriously think you can psychoanalyze someone over the internet, you should be looking inwards for problems, not outwards.

Then you pop off with the gay parents thing and suddenly, a light comes on. The studies are there. The kids of gay parents are not well adjusted, are not happy, have more mental health issues and other issues as well.

Actually this is a lie. I've been interested in these studies for a while and paid close attention to them. The aggregate of them is that basically people fall into gender stereotypes less. Its not true that they aren't well adjusted, are not happy, and have more mental health issues.

By the way, go around to your local high school. Ask how many kids are on Adderoll or other ADD medication. Ask how many have seen a therapist. Ask how many have are on depression medication. I've never been involved in any of that. I am not depressed, nor am I unhappy. I went to a good undergrad, traveled around the world, around the country, have had several long-term relationships, don't sleep around overly much, don't do drugs, not an alcoholic, and I'm at one of the best law schools in the country. I'm a success by pretty much any measure.

Go out and talk to people with gay parents. They will defend them. Why? Because gay parents are just as good parents as straight ones and its offensive to have people who don't know what they are talking about tell you whats best for you, or that how you were raised is somehow wrong.

I'm not judging your parents. I'm not judging you. I'm making a deduction based upon what you've said, and studies I've looked at. I've no doubt you had parents who loved you and treated you well. But facts are facts.

No, you've made an assumption. A deduction is something that logically follows, and no matter how sound you think your logic is, you are going WAY past your meagre evidence.

BTW, I'm not hostile towards gays, either, so your comment about "my ilk" was way off base. I lived with a gay couple and loved them dearly. My older boys were raised around them, they were family. My mother was very close to a gay couple when we were children. There was never any hatred or fear in our family regarding sexual orientation at any time.

Well good. The world has enough homophobes in it.

So who's making the inaccurate judgement here? I don't think it's an ideal situation for gay parents to raise kids. So what? I don't think half the parents in America are ideal parents. I'm not advocating taking their kids from them (I'll leave that to liberals who have a problem with homeschooling and alternative Christian lifestyles).

So what? So your wrong. And when I was 14, my mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer. If she had died, who knows where I would have gone. Her partner, my other parent since birth, had little legal rights over me. Gay Marriage isn't some abstract pie in the sky issue, it effects real people and causes real problems.

And I never said it didn't.

Say it as many times as I may, the "assumption" about my "type" is that I'm bigoted, hateful, and stupid. I've been told I don't like Obama because he's black, and I hate gays because I'm Christian, and I'm stupid because of my political views.

The children of gay parents in no way have a monopoly on bigotry.

And I never said it didn't.

Say it as many times as I may, the "assumption" about my "type" is that I'm bigoted, hateful, and stupid. I've been told I don't like Obama because he's black, and I hate gays because I'm Christian, and I'm stupid because of my political views.

The children of gay parents in no way have a monopoly on bigotry.

I assumed you didn't like gays because of your statement about me being fucked up because of my parents. Not exactly a huge leap of logic there. I assume you dislike Muslims because of the various threads you post in trashing them as a group. I've never said you don't like Obama because he was black.

And no, I'm not bigoted. If you actually read my posts instead of assuming what I say you'll notice I rarely generalize. I used to never generalize, but posting on this board requires a bit of compromise with my ideals.

The Muslim faith does not forbid touching dogs. Many people in Middle Eastern countries, of all faiths, are careful not to touch dogs they don't know because the threat of rabies is of more concern in countries were vaccination programs are less common.

I have Muslim friends and neighbors and they all love and frequently pet my dog. One of my Muslim friends had a German Shepard growing up.

The Koran doesn't mention dogs, but the Hadith does. It doesn't forbid the touching of dogs but they are considered to be unclean animals -so a Muslim is supposed to wash his hands 7 times after touching a dog. Dogs as pets in the Middle East is nowhere near the level it is in western countries and in some Muslim countries stray dogs are frequently attacked and beaten. The pet market in Baghdad selling dogs was bombed 4 times, killing all the dogs each time. Muslim extremists in particular, feel obligated to share Muhammad's hatred of dogs.

According to Radiofree Europe, Iran started cracking down on Muslims who keep dogs as pets last year because the rulers insist that Islam considers them to be dirty animals. They also consider Muslims who keep dogs as pets to be under western influence and morally depraved. Keeping a dog as a pet had risen among Iranian youth and I guess that got the mullahs all bent out of shape. So now walking a dog in public is against the law and both owner and dog get arrested. They even arrest people if they put up a poster trying to find their lost dog.

I have never trashed Muslims as a group. Not once, never, nowhere.

The Koran teaches intolerance. I think it teaches other things as well, but it certainly does teach intolerance. But saying that is NOT trashing all Muslims. I've never once stated Muslims shouldn't be allowed to practice their religion or that I think they're overall bad people. That's just what you assume I mean when I state that a small percentage of a huge whole counts for quite a few dangerous fanatics, and when I say the religion of Islam is an intolerant one. It is. How tolerant is Saudi Arabia? Iran? Bosnia? Darfur??????

And yes, it IS a big leap to think that because I believe that gays raising children is not the ideal situation for children then I must hate gays. It's a tremendous leap. I don't think it's ideal for kids if parents to get divorced. Do I hate all people who get divorced? Of course not, and you would never make that assumption. But because the gay issues is a loaded one, you read all sorts of things into it that aren't there.

I have never trashed Muslims as a group. Not once, never, nowhere.

It really doesn't seem like that.

The Koran teaches intolerance. I think it teaches other things as well, but it certainly does teach intolerance.

Thats a part of religion in general, not Islam. Christianity isn't exactly tolerant either.

But saying that is NOT trashing all Muslims. I've never once stated Muslims shouldn't be allowed to practice their religion or that I think they're overall bad people. That's just what you assume I mean when I state that a small percentage of a huge whole counts for quite a few dangerous fanatics, and when I say the religion of Islam is an intolerant one. It is. How tolerant is Saudi Arabia? Iran? Bosnia? Darfur??????

The Bosnian genocide was Christians killing Muslims...

And yes, it IS a big leap to think that because I believe that gays raising children is not the ideal situation for children then I must hate gays.

Right, because thats what you said..."not the ideal situation", right?

It's a tremendous leap. I don't think it's ideal for kids if parents to get divorced. Do I hate all people who get divorced? Of course not, and you would never make that assumption. But because the gay issues is a loaded one, you read all sorts of things into it that aren't there.

Would you even think of saying that a kid was whatever the hell you called me, because of the divorce, on an internet message board?

Somehow I doubt it. But saying that gays are all bad parents and bashing their kids is somehow acceptable.

Allie, you should admit that you think gays make bad parents. You look worse as a hypocrite for not owning up to your own idiocy.

Allie, you should admit that you think gays make bad parents. You look worse as a hypocrite for not owning up to your own idiocy.

I'd admit it if I thought it. I think gays can be as good or bad as anyone. It's not their parenting skills that I question. It's the wisdom of raising children in a gay household. I have religious reasons for not promoting homosexuality, but I have social reasons for not promoting homosexual parents raising kids. I think it makes their lives difficult. Big whoop. Now go back to saying that means I must hate all gays.

And this is exactly what I was discussing with Larkinn. You're a moron for assuming I think gays are bad parents, and I haven't said anything like gay parent= bad parent. Read the thread again, genius. You're making assumptions based upon your own bias which have absolutely nothing to do with anything I've said or implied.

I'd admit it if I thought it. I think gays can be as good or bad as anyone. It's not their parenting skills that I question. It's the wisdom of raising children in a gay household. I have religious reasons for not promoting homosexuality, but I have social reasons for not promoting homosexual parents raising kids. I think it makes their lives difficult. Big whoop. Now go back to saying that means I must hate all gays.

Their lives are more difficult. But thats because society is fucked, not that there is anything wrong with gay parents. If that bothered you, you should be condemning society for being homophobic and be sticking up for kids who have gay parents. We have enough assholes out there already without santimonious twits poking their noses in and saying "see, THIS is why your fucked up".

A lot of gays adopt children. No matter what you may assume about what it means to be raised by gays in an anti gay society, aren't the kids better off having parents, no matter what their sexual orientation, than being raised in an institution or by foster parents?

So if you know society is fucked and it's going to be hard on your kids to raise them in a manner you know will result in pain for them.....and you're a proponent of choice for all....why on earth would one "choose" to inflict pain on a child?

So if you know society is fucked and it's going to be hard on your kids to raise them in a manner you know will result in pain for them.....and you're a proponent of choice for all....why on earth would one "choose" to inflict pain on a child?

Because society needs to change. Because gays have a right to have children, even if society is fucked. Because I don't know any kid of gay parents who would have it any other way, despite the bullshit we put up with from the idiots.

A lot of gays adopt children. No matter what you may assume about what it means to be raised by gays in an anti gay society, aren't the kids better off having parents, no matter what their sexual orientation, than being raised in an institution or by foster parents?

Are you talking about infants? Because infants don't get raised in institutions or by foster parents...except in the case where they have been removed from their parents and are bounced back and forth between foster parents and biological parents. Which I don't think is the population we're referring to.

And if you're talking about older kids, then the gay parents WOULD be the "foster parents" in which case your point makes no sense. They're one and the same.

I'm hung up on the "instititution" thing, though. Are you talking about orphanages, like in Oliver Twist? Because they really don't exist anymore. Or are you talking about juvenile detention, in which case, even gay parents aren't lining up for those kids, and if they did, the kids come with so much baggage (often sexual, often violent) it would be a real crap shoot to see how well they'd do with openly gay foster parents.

Because society needs to change. Because gays have a right to have children, even if society is fucked. Because I don't know any kid of gay parents who would have it any other way, despite the bullshit we put up with from the idiots.

So it's okay to sacrifice the kids for that cause. Ok. It's about what the parents want, not about what's best for the kids.

Which is pretty much my problem with it.

You think that the possibility of being teased or bullied because one's parents are gay is worse than growing up in an institution???

How is it choosing to inflict pain on a child?

You think that the possibility of being teased or bullied because one's parents are gay is worse than growing up in an institution???

What institution would that be? Read my prior post. You're using theoretical situations that don't pertain to the situation. Also known as a "straw man".

How is it choosing to inflict pain on a child?

You know, sometimes I get tired of responding to you because though I don't think you really are stupid, you just ask the most idiotic questions, and the answers are self-evident. I feel like I'm talking to a 5-year-old.

If you KNOW a child is going to suffer because you are gay, then you CHOOSE to adopt anyway, you are CHOOSING to inflict pain on a child.

Forum List

Back