Motor Trend Car of the Year

Any of you wackadoddles ever driven an all electric car (or even a hybrid)?

I don't understand the animosity of the wackadoddles to new technology and American engineering.

To own one, you have to be able to afford one.

BUT before that, you have to own a house, and be able to afford that EXPENSIVE changes that will need to be made.

So, when do you think the mandate will come out?

I suggest you try working.

Ahh, the old we support the working class until they get in our way routine.

Thanks for proving, yet again, that liberals don't think or care about consequences.

To own one, you have to be able to afford one.

BUT before that, you have to own a house, and be able to afford that EXPENSIVE changes that will need to be made.

So, when do you think the mandate will come out?

I suggest you try working.

Ahh, the old we support the working class until they get in our way routine.

Thanks for proving, yet again, that liberals don't think or care about consequences.

I have come to conclusion that synth the alcoholic, hates the working class. Just likes to use them to make points, but like many liberals, finds them to be mindless simpletons that can easily be conned.

Big fat hairy deal.

Past "winners" include...

1960 Chevrolet Corvair

Revolutionary for its time.

1963 American Motors (AMC) Rambler (all models: American, Classic, and Ambassador)

Way ahead of their time...one of the first lines to have things like dual-reservoir brake systems and alternators standard.

1978 Chrysler, Dodge Omni and Plymouth Horizon

First domestic transverse-engine FWD car...actually, a damn good design.

1981 Chrysler K Cars, Dodge Aries and Plymouth Reliant

They saved Chrysler...and were the basis for the vehicle that created a huge market: the Caravan.

motor car of the year ....

I rather like the Range Rover 2012

evoquerear003_ljh8681.jpg

God and goddess, that is hideous!

Big fat hairy deal.

1960 Chevrolet Corvair

Revolutionary for its time.

1963 American Motors (AMC) Rambler (all models: American, Classic, and Ambassador)
Way ahead of their time...one of the first lines to have things like dual-reservoir brake systems and alternators standard.

First domestic transverse-engine FWD car...actually, a damn good design.

My mother owned an Omni. It was the biggest piece of shit I've seen in my life.

Big fat hairy deal.

1960 Chevrolet Corvair
1971 Chevrolet Vega
1972 Citroën SM (an imported vehicle that was selected overall "Car of the Year")
1974 Ford Mustang II
1980 Chevrolet Citation
1981 Chrysler K Cars, Dodge Aries and Plymouth Reliant
1983 AMC / Renault Alliance

Though the list of crappy cars goes on and on, you get the idea.

Pffffft.

An electric car wins. Seems to be a pattern here;
Props to Tesla but Car of the Year? Nah, not really.

1973 Mustang:
mdmp_1003_26_+best_mustangs_to_modify+1973_mustang.jpg

1974 Mustang II:
1974_ford_mustang-ii-mach1.jpg

LMAO, I so wanted to put this thread in the flame zone and name names.

Motor Trend Car of the Year Surprise - Yahoo! News

I would rather go with what Consumer Report has to offer.

Family sedan
Toyota Camry Hybrid

Sporty car

Ford Mustang

Affordable family sedan
Hyundai Sonata

Small SUV

Toyota RAV4

Family hauler
Toyota Sienna (V6)

Sports sedan
Infiniti G

Green car
Toyota Prius

Small car

Subaru Impreza

Pickup truck
Chevrolet Avalanche

Family SUV
Toyota Highlander
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2012/04/top-picks-2012/index.htm

Consumer Report does it right, Wry.

tbh, Tesla doesn't deserve it.

It's like giving Lamborghini, McLaren, or Ferarri the award.

1. That car cost waaay too much
2. It only get so much mileage until the batteries are done
3. Fire hazard/batteries are at HUGE risk of breaking

It's nothing worthy of an award like this.

Model S is $50,000 Seats five and with gas at $3.00 + a gallon + tune ups and oil changes this is a good value. If one commutes only 20 miles a day, RT, it is a great deal.

Model S is $50,000 Seats five and with gas at $3.00 + a gallon + tune ups and oil changes this is a good value. If one commutes only 20 miles a day, RT, it is a great deal.

It looks like a good deal, if you have more money than sense, this is not your only car, and there is never a wide spread power failure where you live

It looks like a good deal, if you have more money than sense, this is not your only car, and there is never a wide spread power failure where you live

Yep, there was. When Houston based Enron manipulated the electrical grid we had several periods of power failures. But, I'm sure you don't want to go there. As for the rest of your bullshit, it too is bullshit.

Yep, there was. When Houston based Enron manipulated the electrical grid we had several periods of power failures. But, I'm sure you don't want to go there. As for the rest of your bullshit, it too is bullshit.

The auto isn't practical for an everyday family car.....it's just too restricted for the distance. I can only imagine the headache it would be on a vacation.
It's a thumbs up on a politically correct auto, but I have never been a politically correct type of person.

Feel free to go there, if you think it has something to do with how bad Tesla is.

Any of you wackadoddles ever driven an all electric car (or even a hybrid)?

I don't understand the animosity of the wackadoddles to new technology and American engineering.

Yes, I have. I've even driven a Tesla Roadster. The performance was good on that one but it's interior was lacking in a 100,000 plus car. The hybrids I've driven have likewise been OK. However, they are more environmentally damaging than the Ford F-150 pickup to produce so they clearly are not green. No matter how hard you try to make them so. Just admit that and you will go a long way towards regenerating some credibility.

From everything I have been hearing, the car is a gem. I do agree though that to be considered for car of the year, you would think the car should be affordable for more than just the very well to do. That being said, I love the fact that Tesla has made an all electric car that can go so many miles between charges. If electric is ever to truly take hold, they are going to have to get longer distances between charges and eventually, they will need quick charge capability. The great thing is that this car puts us one step closer to achieving some of those goals.

From everything I have been hearing, the car is a gem. I do agree though that to be considered for car of the year, you would think the car should be affordable for more than just the very well to do. That being said, I love the fact that Tesla has made an all electric car that can go so many miles between charges. If electric is ever to truly take hold, they are going to have to get longer distances between charges and eventually, they will need quick charge capability. The great thing is that this car puts us one step closer to achieving some of those goals.

They need many more miles to work for me. Time will tell. They are now trying to find away to tax them for the highway fees.

When the first motor driven cars came out and were breaking down the conservatives of the time were yelling "get a horse".

Forum List

Back