Motor Trend Car of the Year

Big fat hairy deal.

Past "winners" include...

1960 Chevrolet Corvair
1963 American Motors (AMC) Rambler (all models: American, Classic, and Ambassador)
1971 Chevrolet Vega
1972 Citroën SM (an imported vehicle that was selected overall "Car of the Year")
1974 Ford Mustang II
1978 Chrysler, Dodge Omni and Plymouth Horizon
1980 Chevrolet Citation
1981 Chrysler K Cars, Dodge Aries and Plymouth Reliant
1983 AMC / Renault Alliance

Though the list of crappy cars goes on and on, you get the idea.

Pffffft.

tbh, Tesla doesn't deserve it.

It's like giving Lamborghini, McLaren, or Ferarri the award.

1. That car cost waaay too much
2. It only get so much mileage until the batteries are done
3. Fire hazard/batteries are at HUGE risk of breaking

It's nothing worthy of an award like this.

An electric car that I can't afford and wouldn't get me across town if I could. What a shocker.

Last edited:
You can bet the KY Jelly was flowing like water when the judges were deciding on car of the year. This is just another Oslo, Norway awarding Obama the Nobel Peace Prize decision for what he might do sometime in the future event. Some of you might be catching on that we're all living in some sort of "Alice In Wonderland" timewarp where what has been wrong for ages is now right, black has suddenly become white, up is now down....and the Obama fellatio crew just keeps rolling on.

Big fat hairy deal.

1960 Chevrolet Corvair
1963 American Motors (AMC) Rambler (all models: American, Classic, and Ambassador)
1971 Chevrolet Vega
1972 Citroën SM (an imported vehicle that was selected overall "Car of the Year")
1974 Ford Mustang II
1980 Chevrolet Citation

Pffffft.
:clap2:

Complete list of "winners" right here:
Motor Trend Car of the Year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Big fat hairy deal.

1960 Chevrolet Corvair
1971 Chevrolet Vega
1974 Ford Mustang II
1980 Chevrolet Citation

Pffffft.

Cherry pick often?

Notice the attack on the messenger (Motor Trend). Whenever the wackadoodles hear anything which conflicts with their biases they always attack the source.

"To be eligible for the award, a car must be an "all-new" or "substantially upgraded" vehicle that has been on sale within 12 months from the previous November, vehicles that have been on sale for over five years are ineligible for the award).[9] In recent years, each contender is ranked in the following three areas: superiority, significance, and value.[9] It is not a comparison test.[9]

"Vehicles are subjected a battery of tests: standard car tests such as skid-pad ratings, acceleration and quarter-mile times, and evaluations of the interiors are combined with a track run conducted by SCCA-licensed testers and taking the cars out on normal roads to test their drivability under normal conditions, and fuel economy. Trucks and SUVs add towing capacity and speed, plus an off-road course, to the normal regimen."

Link: Motor Trend Car of the Year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not cherry picked list of Cars of the Year is also listed in the above link.

Any of you wackadoddles ever driven an all electric car (or even a hybrid)?

I don't understand the animosity of the wackadoddles to new technology and American engineering.

Last edited:

I don't understand the animosity of the wackadoddles to new technology and American engineering.
I love Hybrids! Who ever thought of that idea is a genius! So simple: Boost a gasoline motor with an electric one, why didn't I think of that?

I look forward to the day I can replace the V-8 in my Dodge Truck with a Hybrid Crate Motor, maybe a V-6? I know they'll be available in the coming years.

But having that shit FORCED upon me by you wackadoodle "Tree Huggers" aint gonna' work. You have to convince me that a $100,000+ car is worth it. Fake, paid for awards don't do the trick either.

And besides, my wifes 2007 Yaris ($13,000) gets almost as good mileage as a Hybrid.

I love Hybrids! Who ever thought of that idea is a genius! So simple: Boost a gasoline motor with an electric one, why didn't I think of that?

I look forward to the day I can replace the V-8 in my Dodge Truck with a Hybrid Crate Motor, maybe a V-6? I know they'll be available in the coming years.

But having that shit FORCED upon me by you wackadoodle "Tree Huggers" aint gonna' work. You have to convince me that a $100,000+ car is worth it. Fake, paid for awards don't do the trick either.

And besides, my wifes 2007 Yaris ($13,000) gets almost as good mileage as a Hybrid.

My wife wanted and we bought a Prius this year for less than $24,000 out the door. It gets twice the MPG that her Malibu did and is the perfect get-about-town car.

My commute before I retired was 10 miles (20 rt). Had an all electric been availed 30 years ago I would have saved a ton of money in fuel and maintenance. Too bad we'll have to wait longer because clear cutting polluting reactionaries are allowing Brazil, China and Korea a giant head start in this new technology.

Big fat hairy deal.

1960 Chevrolet Corvair
1971 Chevrolet Vega
1974 Ford Mustang II
1980 Chevrolet Citation

Pffffft.
That's a pretty cherry-picked list.

How about listing all the winners?

Big fat hairy deal.

1960 Chevrolet Corvair
1971 Chevrolet Vega
1974 Ford Mustang II
1980 Chevrolet Citation

Pffffft.

Cherry pick often?
I see that someone else is paying attention and using his brain.

Forum List

Back