Moses was a murder-er multiple times.,.,.,.

Scripture give the example of two men working together and one mans axe head fly's off the handle and kills his friend accidently. This is not a capital offense.
If one man lays in wait to kill another, this is a capital offense.

All true, but the point is I have NEVER heard anyone state that Moses was a murderer.

Killer when justice called for it, not a murderer.
does your book say why the egyptian was beating the jew ... not to excuse the egyptian. nor the other one who wrote the commandment not to murder and ridiculed a golden calf as also a crime.

the law man seems to be both judge and jury as well as the enforcer. package deal.

does your book say why the egyptian was beating the jew ... not to excuse the egyptian. nor the other one who wrote the commandment not to murder and ridiculed a golden calf as also a crime.

the law man seems to be both judge and jury as well as the enforcer. package deal.
Since Moshe was brought up in Pharoah’s palace you might think he knew a thing or two.

Since Moshe was brought up in Pharoah’s palace you might think he knew a thing or two.
no, more like pharaoh want'a be, there is no indication he was a shy introvert, lower class mentality, innocent lamb - sortof the opposite, give to me or die ...

- does the book say why the jew was being beaten.

no, more like pharaoh want'a be, there is no indication he was a shy introvert, lower class mentality, innocent lamb - sortof the opposite, give to me or die ...

- does the book say why the jew was being beaten.
The Midrash, using a story from Bamidbar, explains why the Egyptian was beating the **** and why Moshe killed the Egyptian.
But you already knew that.

In terms of Moshe being aggressive…
What did Moshe say to God when God told him to go back to Egypt and tell Pharoah to allow the Children of Israel to serve God?

Moses was a murder-er multiple times.,.,.,.

By,.,.,.,.,.,. no longer believing this—

Exo 12:21 KJV) Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the passover.

When later, Moses gives us the Ten Commandments.,./\.,./\.,. /\.,./\.,./\.,./\.,./\.,./\.,./\;.,/\
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Out of the “Ten Commandment’s”; which do you believe they truly follow today-?

Ten Commandments

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

5. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

6. Thou shalt not kill. (murder)

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.

8. Thou shalt not steal.

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

7/10’s (70%) of the Ten commandments have been put into public “law” in every recognized country member in the United Nations.

Can you guess which one’s-?

Or just speak your mind one way or another
:)-
A Christian is commanded to obey the laws (Oracles of God.........and to obey the laws of men when practical). Simply because men are lacking in compliance to God's law is no indicator that Christians should not obey the laws of God when they exceed the laws of men.

What are the 10 commandments? Search the scriptures: The 10 commandments are recorded in the Book of Exodus 20 and repeated in Deut. 5. They serve as the basic tenet for Law under the Covenant of Moses. This does not mean there were only 10 laws in effect under the Covenant of Moses. Example the book of Leviticus contains a very long list of commands concerning worship under the covenant of Moses.....but as detailed these Laws were specific for only one nation, "These are the commandments which the Lord commanded Moses FOR THE NATION OF ISRAEL on Mt. Sinai." -- Lev. 27:34.

The New Testament is a replacement covenant of the Old Testament as explained by the Apostle of Christ, "Therefore my brethren, you have become dead to THE LAW (the law of Moses) through the body of Christ; that you may be married to another..........." -- Romans 7:4

This change in covenants is addressed in great detail in the New Testament -- Hebrews 1:1-2. This change of covenants was foretold/prophesied in the Old Testament -- Jer. 31:31-34. God would make a new covenant, ".........unlike the covenant which I (God) made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt." a covenant not to be written on stone but on the hearts of true disciples. Thus......again, the basic eternally righteous Laws of God contained in the 10 commandments are all carried forth into the New Covenant .....save 1 concerning SABBATH worship.

The list is complete and unambiguous. We are still commanded to 1. . No Gods before Me. Carried over in (Matt. 4:10, Acts 17:16, Romans 1:25, 1 Cor. 8:4-6, Phil. 3:19, Col. 2:18, Rev. 19:10, 22:9).

2. No graven imagines. Carried forth in (Acts 15:19, Romans 1:22-23, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, Eph. 5:5, 1 John 5:21, Rev. 21:8, 22:15).

3. Do not take the name of the Lord in vain. Carried forth in (Matt. 5:33-37, 22:16-22, James 5:12).

4. Remember the Sabbath to keep it Holy. No command in the New Testament......the new testament states that this command was replaced (Col 2:16-17). As it was specific to the nation of Biblical Israel.

5. Honor your father and mother. Carried forth in (Matt. 15:4-9, Romans 1:30, Eph. 6:1-3, Col. 3:20).

6. You shalt not murder. Carried over in (Matt. 15:9, Mark 7:21-23, Romans 1:29, 13:9, 1 Tim. 9:10, James 2:11, 1 John 3:15).

7. You shalt not commit adultery. Carried over in (7:21-23, 10:11-12, Acts 15:20, Rom. 2:22, 7:2-3, 13:9, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, 7:5, Heb. 13:4),.

8. You shalt not steal. Carried over in (Matt. 15:19, Mark 7:21-23, Luke 3:13-14, Romans 13:9, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, Eph. 4:28, James 5:4).

9. You shalt not bear false witness. Carried over in (Matt. 15:19, Luke 13:14, Rom. 1:29-30, Eph. 4:31, 1 Tim. 1:9-10, 2 Tim. 3:3, James 4:11).

10. Thou shalt not covet. Carried over in (Mark 7:21-23, Luke 12:15, Acts 20:33, Rom. 1:29......etc.............

Man has a law that declared ABORTION legal..........God's law declares the spilling of innocent blood to be an abomination. A Christian cannot be forced to follow this law as He/She finds it a sin.

Again........because man does not carry forth the eternally righteous laws of God does not mean the Christian should and does stop obeying them.

Last edited:
That's not really emphasized in the story. He stopped a Jew from being beaten by an Egyptian.

Don't pretend to understand
what is emphasized in a language you can't read.

Mosheh Rabbenu A"H certainly was not a murderer ,
but as an Egyptian prince might as well led serious wars.

True prophets are not murderers, they don't seek that,
but certainly people of strength, wealth and wisdom.

The opposite of some illiterate bandits...

Last edited:
Don't pretend to understand
what is emphasized in a language you can't read.

Mosheh Rabbenu A"H certainly was not a murderer ,
but as an Egyptian prince might as well led serious wars.

True prophets are not murderers, they don't seek that,
but certainly people of strength, wealth and wisdom.

The opposite of some illiterate bandits...

I agree, jackass. You are indulging your persecution complex again.

I didn't say Moses was a murderer, and I never, ever heard any Christian claim he was.

Yes, and I've never heard of "illiterate prophets" neither,
or any "christians" triggered by that...

I didn't say Moses was a murderer, and I never, ever heard any Christian claim he was.
I’m a Christian and if I am to believe in Biblical writings, Moses murders a man; period, end of story

And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out to his brothers, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brothers. And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand. And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Why smite you your fellow?

Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelled in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well. Moses and all the others flee Egypt and are scattered throughout the land.

Exodus 2:11 One day, after Moses had grown up, he went out to his own people and observed their hard labor. He saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his own people.

I’m a Christian and if I am to believe in Biblical writings, Moses murders a man; period, end of story

And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out to his brothers, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brothers. And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand. And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Why smite you your fellow?

Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelled in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well. Moses and all the others flee Egypt and are scattered throughout the land.

Exodus 2:11 One day, after Moses had grown up, he went out to his own people and observed their hard labor. He saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his own people.

English is your 1st language?

Moses killed in defense of another person... and that's your focus? Really?

The parallels between the story of Sinuhe and that of Moses are evident. Both stories involve: 1) Pharaohs of Egypt; 2) a trusted figure in the royal courts; 3) a murder; 4) a flight; 5) a marriage to a first born daughter of a non-Egyptian; and 6) a return to Egypt.

Moses killed in defense of another person... and that's your focus? Really?
Not that, Mosheh Rabbenu A'H went to decide which was his nation to lead history,
a prince in Egypt on a historic crossroad.

The parallels between the story of Sinuhe and that of Moses are evident. Both stories involve: 1) Pharaohs of Egypt; 2) a trusted figure in the royal courts; 3) a murder; 4) a flight; 5) a marriage to a first born daughter of a non-Egyptian; and 6) a return to Egypt.

And you conclude it makes it likely less historically correct?

Forum List

Back