****** more offensive than cracker?

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
Why is it acceptable for people, particularly blacks, to have the utmost outrage when someone uses the word ****** (not nigga) against them, as opposed to less leeway given for outrage to other groups when racial, ethnic or religious slurs get hurled at them? For example, shouldn't calling someone cracker be considered just as offensive as calling someone a ******? It seems like we treat the word ****** differently from other offensive words. Heck many people refuse to use the word ****** in any context. By doing so are unknowingly giving the word's meaning validity?

Certain words hold different historical/cultural value...why is **** more offensive than bitch??:dunno:

Will we ever truly be free until we can say "******" without people looking at us like white trash?

I'm not itching to use the word ******, but I would appreciate it more people could have understanding and come together.

When a black refers to me as a Cracker, I see him/her as a ******!

Among fellow Crackers, I'm a fifth generation Florida 'Cracker', nothing to do with Race.

I'm using the same rules blacks use. Black to black ****** is okay. It's only when a white uses ****** that it becomes a slur.

Such language was not allowed in our school district.

Spoke wrong, disciplined long.

Will we ever truly be free until we can say "******" without people looking at us like white trash?

I'm not itching to use the word ******, but I would appreciate it more people could have understanding and come together.

Kumbaya, My Lord, Kumbaya.
Cracker.
Oh Lord, Kumbaya.

Last edited:
A "******" is something subhuman that's not to be treated as an equal. A "cracker" is someone who makes the whip "crack" when being used on a "******."

There's my eloquent summation of the words :tongue:

You decide which one you'd rather be called

Well, since neither I nor any of my antecedents ever cracked a whip or owned a slave...

A "******" is something subhuman that's not to be treated as an equal. A "cracker" is someone who makes the whip "crack" when being used on a "******."

I don't know where you get your defination of ******, but my 1939 Webster's defines ****** as someone who acts niggardly.
Niggerdly = lazy, intentionly slow, acting dimwitted, sloven, ......

could be white or black.

When my ancestors used it, they simply meant a black person. They had no idea it was an insult. the stigma came from black rabble rousers. Oh, and I never heard them called ******, it was Nigga.
I chose not to use it to avoid controversy.

I would consider being called a Democrat far more offensive than being called a cracker although "cracking the whip" would be historically a Democrat action.

A Black being a Democrat actually shows support for slavery and racism.

Last edited:
Certain words hold different historical/cultural value...why is **** more offensive than bitch??:dunno:

There has to be a reason why ****** is considered more vitriolic. I understand the historical context of the word, but when used by people today it's meaning is slur against the black race, just like cracker is a slur toward the white race.

When my ancestors used it, they simply meant a black person.

You mean around the time when a ****** was 3/5 of a person?

Cracker.
Oh Lord, Kumbaya.

Where did I say using those words is going to help anyone come together?

I don't know where you get your defination of ******, but my 1939 Webster's defines ****** as someone who acts niggardly.
Niggerdly = lazy, intentionly slow, acting dimwitted, sloven, ......

could be white or black.

When my ancestors used it, they simply meant a black person. They had no idea it was an insult. the stigma came from black rabble rousers. Oh, and I never heard them called ******, it was Nigga.
I chose not to use it to avoid controversy.

The stigma came from ignorant white folks who knew no better.

I would consider being called a Democrat far more offensive than being called a cracker although "cracking the whip" would be historically a Democrat action.

A Black being a Democrat actually shows support for slavery and racism.

Nope, but it would if a Black were a conservative today, as were the slave holders in our history.

In thinking about it I guess you're right. I was ignoring the historical context and thinking about it as just another derogatory term, similar to cracker, but it's not the same.
[MENTION=39852]TheOldSchool[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Why in the world would a black person ever call a white person a cracker then? By calling them a cracker they're saying the white person holds power over the black person.

Why in the world would a black person ever call a white person a cracker then? By calling them a cracker they're saying the white person holds power over the black person.

Democrats are still fully engaged in convincing Blacks that they're less than Whites and blaming Republicans for it.

Last edited:
Why is it acceptable for people, particularly blacks, to have the utmost outrage when someone uses the word ****** (not nigga) against them, as opposed to less leeway given for outrage to other groups when racial, ethnic or religious slurs get hurled at them? For example, shouldn't calling someone cracker be considered just as offensive as calling someone a ******? It seems like we treat the word ****** differently from other offensive words. Heck many people refuse to use the word ****** in any context. By doing so are unknowingly giving the word's meaning validity?

I see no difference in the words other than who they are used on. They both denote disrespect not only towards the individual they are used on, but that individuals entire ethnicity.

I think the "giving it validity" claim is a weak cop out. If someone is intentionally attempting to incite a reaction in me by using the word in my face they must be of the ilk that would like to put my people back in slavery. For expressing that sentiment in person they would get dealt with as punishment for being rude and disrespectful. Other than that the N word does not bother me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back