More Christians are conservative meanwhile Christ was liberal...

That's bull! Obviously it does have something in it or it would not make you miscarry. Otherwise the word of the priest saying so would be proven wrong and God be disproved. Either way it was a mixture equated to a morning after potion. If you are carrying, you will lose it. If you are not it will still cause sickness, you just will not abort because there was nothing there. This was done if the man had any feelings of jealousy regardless if it had any merit
don't be a fool......it wasn't intended to make anyone miscarry.....it was intended to show the husband his wife hadn't really been unfaithful....god you people are so fucking dense......

Hmmm.....what does that sound like to you?
some liberal, abusing scripture to pretend her stupid ideas are somehow real........what did it sound like to you?.....

by the way, do you know why your source skips verses 16-18?....."17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water.

its because they don't want people to realize that drinking some holy water and dust isn't actually going to cause anyone to miscarry......

I am a liberal? :lmao: .
most people in favor of killing unborn children are......did you think otherwise?......

I admit that when I read that passage for the first time it made me angry. It was done based upon a MAN'S feelings of jealousy, no grounds or proof given, just his perception so SHE had to drink something that made her sick because her husband got a tick in his ephod.
did it never occur to you that if she didn't get sick and lose her child the husband would just have to suck it up and admit he was wrong because "YHWH had told him so!"........

I admit that when I read that passage for the first time it made me angry. It was done based upon a MAN'S feelings of jealousy, no grounds or proof given, just his perception so SHE had to drink something that made her sick because her husband got a tick in his ephod.
did it never occur to you that if she didn't get sick and lose her child the husband would just have to suck it up and admit he was wrong because "YHWH had told him so!"........
You are not understanding that either way the potion given was going to make her sick. If she was pregnant or not, it didn't prove she was unfaithful because even if she was, every unfaithful encounter didn't result in a child. It was done to appease her husbands insecurity

So you are arguing that in this male-dominated society where the man's word wins over the woman's nearly 100% of the time that a ruse was set up by male priests to give the woman the benefit of the doubt?!?!?!?! Talk about grasping for straws. Grasping may be too mild...try jumping face first over a bed of thorns in the hopes of grabbing a single straw. Sheesh.

. My guess is that whatever potion they used it almost always resulted in a miscarriage .
there you have it....proof that the Bible supports abortion based upon Blue Phantom's guess.......rofl.......

Ahhhh...now we are getting into the desperate tactic of twisting my words so it appears that you are actually making a decent point. The spiral of desperation has commenced. :lol:

some liberal, abusing scripture to pretend her stupid ideas are somehow real........what did it sound like to you?.....

by the way, do you know why your source skips verses 16-18?....."17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water.

its because they don't want people to realize that drinking some holy water and dust isn't actually going to cause anyone to miscarry......

most people in favor of killing unborn children are......did you think otherwise?......

When did I say I was in favor of abortion? I simply asked when Jesus addressed the issue. He didn't. You know He didn't. I know He didn't. Hell...damn near everyone knows He didn't. Since He didn't address it all we can do is guess about what His position was. That's all I have ever said. Find in this thread or anywhere on these boards where I said I support abortion. Go find it....take your time.....you will need lots of it.

The choice of using the Bible to substantiate a moral argument is perilous. Much of what is illegal and immoral today is approved of and supported in 'scripture'. But, it is a choice, and intelligent people support others having that freedom.

Like what?
Proverbs 18:2
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.
Proverbs 1:7
fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Proverbs 18:7
A fool's mouth is his ruin, and his lips are a snare to his soul.
Proverbs 17:28
Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.
so many more.....
So the bible has passages to insult anyone you want? That's pretty cool. But I didn't think that it would need to stoop so low. But I guess when your audience is simpletons...
????....stooping?......that is very helpful advice......if you didn't despise wisdom and instruction you would have realized that......
The bible advising you on how to treat people as fools? How nice. Was the bible written by a 9 year old?
your grammar is a bit off......its not treating people AS fools.....its treating people who ARE fools.......
Does the bible tell you how to identify fools? Like if you think Noah got 2 of every animal on earth on his raft? Or that some invisible dude made everything in 6 days then needed to rest because he was so pooped?

. My guess is that whatever potion they used it almost always resulted in a miscarriage .
there you have it....proof that the Bible supports abortion based upon Blue Phantom's guess.......rofl.......
So you assume I am pro choice by my comments about this passage?
I would assume you are ignorant of scriptures if you believe this passage justifies abortion......I also believe if you feel the need to argue that the scriptures justify abortion that you are pro choice......anyone foolish enough to try to cloak the killing of unborn children as a moral act could hardly be anything except a liberal abortion advocate........

You are not understanding that either way the potion given was going to make her sick.
perhaps because there is no reason at all to assume that is true.....you have simply made it up to satisfy your own assumptions.....

So you are arguing that in this male-dominated society where the man's word wins over the woman's nearly 100% of the time
and this is the reason you made up this crap in the first place.....can you show me anywhere in the passage which indicates the woman usually got sick and miscarried?.....

---

When did I say I was in favor of abortion? I simply asked when Jesus addressed the issue. He didn't. You know He didn't. I know He didn't. Hell...damn near everyone knows He didn't. Since He didn't address it all we can do is guess about what His position was. That's all I have ever said. Find in this thread or anywhere on these boards where I said I support abortion. Go find it....take your time.....you will need lots of it.

---
"Since He didn't address it all we can do is guess about what His position was."

Since we have no verifiable writings from Jesus, and we know people tend to make up crap to serve their own agenda, then yes ... we can only guess and preach what we desire.

When did I say I was in favor of abortion?
when you stepped in to defend it and pretended the Bible demonstrated it....are you now pretending you aren't?......or are you just one of those liberals who claims they think abortion is horrible but defend every women's god-given right to chop their unborn children into bite sized pieces should they be so unfortunate as to want to?.......

Ahhhh...now we are getting into the desperate tactic of twisting my words so it appears that you are actually making a decent point. The spiral of desperation has commenced. :lol:
those words don't need any twisting.......anyone can see what you said.....

Forum List

Back