More Christians are conservative meanwhile Christ was liberal...

Not that one should try to categorize Jesus politically but he was not a liberal. For starters, He believed in free will, liberals don't.
He believed in taxes the Cons do not...he believed that the poor deserve the best.......the Cons have a psychopathic hatred for the poor
3 comments, 3 lies. Your avatar shows what you think of Jesus.
"He believed in taxes the Cons do not...he believed that the poor deserve the best.......the Cons have a psychopathic hatred for the poor"

That is my post tell me where the lies are .....
How about if you back up what your statements with some documentation first?
He believed in taxes when asked if taxes should be paid to the Roman occupiers he said "render to Cesar what is Caesar's..."
And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; ...
Any questions
cwduwalq1wv7bz4lwsaw.jpg

Jesus was no liberal in He believed in the Sanctity of Life. No Abortion. He believed Homosexuality to be a sin. No gay marriage. Jesus is Above political names and designations. But anyone who thinks He was a liberal probably hasn't read a bible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
let me see he approved of taxes, he hung out with 12 dudes, he was against punitive actions like throwing rocks at people with sins, he gave away food, he provided free health care and was constantly advocating for the poor including asking his followers to sell their possesions and give it to the poor...sounds very liberal to me so liberal he got crucified.............
Two Bible quotations that have found favor with liberals are "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" and "Do not judge lest you be judged." Both of these statements are often used by liberals to discourage people from rendering value judgments they find unpalatable. Now, Jesus said the former when he happened upon an angry mob that was about to administer to a woman the prescribed punishment for adultery: stoning. But what is seldom mentioned is that after deterring the would be executioners from visiting that horrible fate on the victim, Jesus said, "Go in peace, woman, and sin no more." This tells us very clearly that judgment comes into play, because labeling something as a sin is a judgment. The latter quotation is a prohibition against judging hypocritically and unjustly. This is why elsewhere in the New Testament we are counseled to "Judge righteously."
Another favorite of liberals is "Turn the other cheek," which is often used to discredit the idea of just war and is misunderstood to be an endorsement of pacifism. What this dictate actually refers to is that we shouldn't act out of a spirit of vindictiveness. In other words, use proportionate force to thwart evil if and when necessary, but proceed out of a sense of justice and a desire to protect the innocent and preserve the good — don't do it to simply get even.

Jesus was no liberal in He believed in the Sanctity of Life. No Abortion. He believed Homosexuality to be a sin. No gay marriage. Jesus is Above political names and designations. But anyone who thinks He was a liberal probably hasn't read a bible

let me see he approved of taxes, he hung out with 12 dudes, he was against punitive actions like throwing rocks at people with sins, he gave away food, he provided free health care and was constantly advocating for the poor including asking his followers to sell their possesions and give it to the poor...sounds very liberal to me so liberal he got crucified.............
Two Bible quotations that have found favor with liberals are "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" and "Do not judge lest you be judged." Both of these statements are often used by liberals to discourage people from rendering value judgments they find unpalatable. Now, Jesus said the former when he happened upon an angry mob that was about to administer to a woman the prescribed punishment for adultery: stoning. But what is seldom mentioned is that after deterring the would be executioners from visiting that horrible fate on the victim, Jesus said, "Go in peace, woman, and sin no more." This tells us very clearly that judgment comes into play, because labeling something as a sin is a judgment. The latter quotation is a prohibition against judging hypocritically and unjustly. This is why elsewhere in the New Testament we are counseled to "Judge righteously."
Another favorite of liberals is "Turn the other cheek," which is often used to discredit the idea of just war and is misunderstood to be an endorsement of pacifism. What this dictate actually refers to is that we shouldn't act out of a spirit of vindictiveness. In other words, use proportionate force to thwart evil if and when necessary, but proceed out of a sense of justice and a desire to protect the innocent and preserve the good — don't do it to simply get even.

You consider Iraq a just war...what about the other over 200 US military actions since WW 2 ...all just ...? LOL...Jesus was more liberal than me ...

Not that one should try to categorize Jesus politically but he was not a liberal. For starters, He believed in free will, liberals don't.
He believed in taxes the Cons do not...he believed that the poor deserve the best.......the Cons have a psychopathic hatred for the poor
"He believed in taxes the Cons do not...he believed that the poor deserve the best.......the Cons have a psychopathic hatred for the poor"

He believed in taxes when asked if taxes should be paid to the Roman occupiers he said "render to Cesar what is Caesar's..."
And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; ...
Any questions
cwduwalq1wv7bz4lwsaw.jpg
Yeah, where is your documentation to the second half of the statement, that "cons" want NO taxes?

You consider Iraq a just war...what about the other over 200 US military actions since WW 2 ...all just ...? LOL...Jesus was more liberal than me ...
Didn't say all wars all governments fight are just lol nice try. Going to war for self defense or protecting the innocent is just.

I respect Christianity but it makes no sense to me. The most part of my friend are religious enough. What I fail to comprehend is why every single one of my Christian friends label themselves as conservative. Doesn't that defy the fundamental teachings of the bible? Or am I making false assumptions and the bible is truly more conservative than liberal? What is the very nature of Christianity: liberal or conservative one?

You are trying to make a comparison that doesn't work. You can't compare political leanings in a secular government in the modern age to religious beliefs in a non-secular government that existed 2,000 years ago. There is no way to make a real comparison.

People on both sides try to do this all the time to strengthen their own political beliefs but they are ignoring major cultural differences that render the entire exercise pointless.

Ideologue much? First off show me in the Bible where Jesus was all gung-ho on taxes? If you are going to bring up "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's" you have a critical misunderstanding of the point of that story. You forgot the second part. "Give to God what is God's". Jesus wasn't saying taxes were a good thing, He was saying in response to the Sadducees that the Temple was God's and should not be used for financial profit.

Oh and conservatives having a psychopathic hatred of the poor? Pfft....give it a rest. Go have a circle jerk with rDean if you are going to make such ridiculously absurd statements.

Uh....where does Jesus say a single word about abortion or homosexuality?

Ideologue much? First off show me in the Bible where Jesus was all gung-ho on taxes? If you are going to bring up "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's" you have a critical misunderstanding of the point of that story. You forgot the second part. "Give to God what is God's". Jesus wasn't saying taxes were a good thing, He was saying in response to the Sadducees that the Temple was God's and should not be used for financial profit.

Oh and conservatives having a psychopathic hatred of the poor? Pfft....give it a rest. Go have a circle jerk with rDean if you are going to make such ridiculously absurd statements.
They showed him a coin and asked if taxes should be paid to the occupiers....it was a political trap... he said yup pay "the man" render to the Roman Emperor and to God what is God sure ...the coin belong to the man ...if the GOP does not hate the poor why all the hateful anti poor folk laws.....snap...

If your definition of a liberal was someone who believed that you should ignore earthly possessions and worldly desires because the Kingdom of God was at hand then Jesus was a liberal. If your definition of a liberal is someone who healed and cast out demons to prepare people for the coming of God's good kingdom on Earth, then Jesus was a liberal. If your definition of a liberal is someone who did all He did in the name of God and encouraged the love of God, then Jesus would be a liberal. But the motivation does not match the liberal agenda. Liberals don't endorse ignoring earthly possessions and worldly desires and they sure as hell don't do anything for the love of God or in order to advance the presence of God in society.

It's the motivation that is key, not the actions

They showed him a coin and asked if taxes should be paid to the occupiers....it was a political trap... he said yup pay "the man" render to the Roman Emperor and to God what is God sure ...the coin belong to the man ...if the GOP does not hate the poor why all the hateful anti poor folk laws.....snap...

No that was not what He said. he didn't say "pay the man". he was making the point that the Temple had been desecrated. The taxes were a world issue, the Temple was the house of God. The money changing had to do with worldly secular issues that had no place in a house of worship. "Give to God what is God's" is a specific point that the Temple was God's and they were allowing Caesar to have a presence in God's house. The best you could argue is that Jesus was arguing in favor of the separation of church and state, but being in favor of taxes? That's a total ideologue's twist on the story or an interpretation of someone who has no clue what the story is talking about.

Please list all 200

Any questions
cwduwalq1wv7bz4lwsaw.jpg

Yeah i have a question....have you ever actually read the Bible or are you just Googling verses and taking them completely out of context in the hopes that no one will know any better. Oh....and are you sure you are not rDean's sock?

Any questions
cwduwalq1wv7bz4lwsaw.jpg

Yeah i have a question....have you ever actually read the Bible or are you just Googling verses and taking them completely out of context in the hopes that no one will know any better. Oh....and are you sure you are not rDean's sock?
A blasphemer lecturing people on Jesus.

BTW....from the ultra-liberal New York Times:

"Liberals show tremendous compassion in pushing for generous government spending to help the neediest people at home and abroad. Yet when it comes to individual contributions to charitable causes, liberals are cheapskates.

Arthur Brooks, the author of a book on donors to charity, “Who Really Cares,” cites data that households headed by conservatives give 30 percent more to charity than households headed by liberals. A study by Google found an even greater disproportion: average annual contributions reported by conservatives were almost double those of liberals.

Other research has reached similar conclusions. The “generosity index” from the Catalogue for Philanthropy typically finds that red states are the most likely to give to nonprofits, while Northeastern states are least likely to do so.
"

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/opinion/21kristof.html?_r=0

"The study, which compared IRS data from 2012 with data from 2006, showed that the 17 most “generous” states -- as measured by the percentage of their income they donated to charity -- voted for Mitt Romney in the last presidential election. The seven states at the bottom of the list, meanwhile, voted for Barack Obama."

Charitable Giving By State Are Republicans More Generous Than Democrats Or Just More Religious

"This time of year it’s common for progressives to view Republicans as a bunch of Scrooges. But when it comes to charity, this simply is not true. Republicans are more generous in their charity giving than either Democrats in the United States or Europeans at large.

“Red states – Republican-voting states – are more generous than blue states – Democratic-voting states.” ...In no European economy are the people more generous with their own money than the people of the U.S. According to Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development data, which have been thoughtfully assembled by Cato scholar Dan Mitchell, the total of Americans’ voluntary social spending reached 10.2% of GDP in 2009, the latest year for which numbers are available.

The only country that is remotely close in its generosity is the Netherlands, where the total was 6% of the nation’s economy. Only two other nations, Canada and the United Kingdom, exceeded 5%. The U.K. totaled 5.3% of GDP, Canada 5.1%"

Republicans are more charitable than Democrats and Europeans

So it's liberals who whine and cry and make a bunch of noise, but they just kick it to the government so they don't have to get their hands dirty. Republicans actually get off their asses and do something. So would you like to revise your statement (or paraphrasing the movie "The Fugitive"..."would you like to change your bullshit story?")

Any questions
cwduwalq1wv7bz4lwsaw.jpg

A blasphemer lecturing people on Jesus.

Clowns like him just crack me up. He really thinks he is on to a strong argument but he doesn't even have the smallest hint about what the whole thing is about or what scripture actually says. Anyone, can take a single verse from any book, ignore the context, ignore the culture, ignore the language translation issues, blah, blah, blah and make it say anything they want it to say. His mistake is thinking that no one knows what he is doing or what the Bible actually says.

I respect Christianity but it makes no sense to me. The most part of my friend are religious enough. What I fail to comprehend is why every single one of my Christian friends label themselves as conservative. Doesn't that defy the fundamental teachings of the bible? Or am I making false assumptions and the bible is truly more conservative than liberal? What is the very nature of Christianity: liberal or conservative one?
so when you say that Jesus was a liberal, do you mean he favored the legalization of recreational drugs or the killing of unborn children?.......

Forum List

Back