More Christians are conservative meanwhile Christ was liberal...

1) Jesus had quite a following of women, all mentioned in the New Testament.
2) He wore the garb every man wore in that day.
3) He walked miles upon miles, often slept on the ground; of course he was fit.
4) In the Middle Easter world, Leaders rode war horses when they led an attack; donkeys when they came in peace. There were several mentions in the Old Testament of leaders doing this. See 1 Kings 1:33; Judges 5:10; 10:4; 12:14; and 2 Samuel 16:2.
The bible isn't proof of anything, well... except man's gullibility. Plus, more likely Jesus was gay since he acted like a woman.
if the Bible can't be trusted, why is it that half the book of Proverbs speaks of you?.......
Like what?
Proverbs 18:2
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.
Proverbs 1:7
fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Proverbs 18:7
A fool's mouth is his ruin, and his lips are a snare to his soul.
Proverbs 17:28
Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.
so many more.....
So the bible has passages to insult anyone you want? That's pretty cool. But I didn't think that it would need to stoop so low. But I guess when your audience is simpletons...
????....stooping?......that is very helpful advice......if you didn't despise wisdom and instruction you would have realized that......

Jesus said to call no one 'fool'.
not completely accurate....."And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell."......we are in danger of the fire of hell everytime we turn around until we accept the saving grace of Jesus Christ.......what with all the lusting after women in my heart and not giving away my coat, what's a few fools going to make a difference........

Uh....where does Jesus say a single word about abortion or homosexuality?

I recall nothing in scripture telling us to marry someone of the same sex and kill our unborn children........

That's not the point. I was responding to a claim made about what Jesus preached. Various scriptures that were written before Jesus or after Him say certain things or be be interpreted certain ways, but where in the Bible does JESUS say a single word about either topic?
sure it was......you pretend we can't believe something is wrong because there are no specific words.....but that doesn't mean you can believe something is right, because there are no specific words for that either....we have to go by the sum of what the Bible says and that is clear on both issues......

Well you can believe whatever you want. I would say 1) the Bible isn't very clear on either issue and 2) Jesus didn't always agree with the traditions of Judaism to begin with. Without evidence, all you have is your personal opinion which, forgive me for saying, is fine but there is no basis for the position. Personally, I have an opinion on how Jesus would feel about both issues, but lacking any form of documentation it's just as useless opion just like yours is.

The point is that if Jesus ever said anything about them, they never made their way into the Bible so all we can do is take a wild guess.

---
I respect Christianity but it makes no sense to me. The most part of my friend are religious enough. What I fail to comprehend is why every single one of my Christian friends label themselves as conservative. Doesn't that defy the fundamental teachings of the bible? Or am I making false assumptions and the bible is truly more conservative than liberal? What is the very nature of Christianity: liberal or conservative one?

---
There is Jesus Christ, a mythical figure who wrote nothing that survived, then there is Christianity, a religion made popular by a King 300 years later.
Christianity is almost anything your politics wants to be, with "supporting" verbiage from the Bible of unknown authors.

not completely accurate....."And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell."......we are in danger of the fire of hell everytime we turn around until we accept the saving grace of Jesus Christ.......what with all the lusting after women in my heart and not giving away my coat, what's a few fools going to make a difference........

...nor a few inconsequential murders.

The bible isn't proof of anything, well... except man's gullibility. Plus, more likely Jesus was gay since he acted like a woman.
if the Bible can't be trusted, why is it that half the book of Proverbs speaks of you?.......
Like what?
Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.
so many more.....
So the bible has passages to insult anyone you want? That's pretty cool. But I didn't think that it would need to stoop so low. But I guess when your audience is simpletons...
????....stooping?......that is very helpful advice......if you didn't despise wisdom and instruction you would have realized that......
The bible advising you on how to treat people as fools? How nice. Was the bible written by a 9 year old?

Jesus wasn't a liberal. He was against homosexuality, against abortion, and a lot of sin liberals are ok with putting on tv, in movies and on magazine covers. If Jesus were here on earth, liberals would call Him a bigot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...nor a few inconsequential murders.
I seem to have forgotten those....was I in a drunken stupor?......

Like what?
so many more.....
The bible advising you on how to treat people as fools? How nice. Was the bible written by a 9 year old?
your grammar is a bit off......its not treating people AS fools.....its treating people who ARE fools.......

1) the Bible isn't very clear on either issue
you don't think the Bible is clear on the issue of intentionally killing our unborn children?.......its a little awkward to laugh in this circumstance, but at least picture my jaw dropping......

"11 Then the Lord said to Moses, 12 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘If a man’s wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him 13 so that another man has sexual relations with her, and this is hidden from her husband and her impurity is undetected (since there is no witness against her and she has not been caught in the act), 14 and if feelings of jealousy come over her husband and he suspects his wife and she is impure—or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure— 15 then he is to take his wife to the priest. ..19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you. 20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse[d] among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries....24 He shall make the woman drink the bitter water that brings a curse, and this water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering will enter her. 25 The priest is to take from her hands the grain offering for jealousy, wave it before the Lord and bring it to the altar. 26 The priest is then to take a handful of the grain offering as a memorial[e] offering and burn it on the altar; after that, he is to have the woman drink the water. 27 If she has made herself impure and been unfaithful to her husband, this will be the result: When she is made to drink the water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering, it will enter her, her abdomen will swell and her womb will miscarry, and she will become a curse. (Num. 5::11-14, 19-22,24-27, NIV)

Hmmm.....what does that sound like to you?

Last edited:
some liberal, abusing scripture to pretend her stupid ideas are somehow real........what did it sound like to you?.....

by the way, do you know why your source skips verses 16-18?....."17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water.

its because they don't want people to realize that drinking some holy water and dust isn't actually going to cause anyone to miscarry......

That's bull! Obviously it does have something in it or it would not make you miscarry. Otherwise the word of the priest saying so would be proven wrong and God be disproved. Either way it was a mixture equated to a morning after potion. If you are carrying, you will lose it. If you are not it will still cause sickness, you just will not abort because there was nothing there. This was done if the man had any feelings of jealousy regardless if it had any merit

some liberal, abusing scripture to pretend her stupid ideas are somehow real........what did it sound like to you?.....

by the way, do you know why your source skips verses 16-18?....."17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water.

its because they don't want people to realize that drinking some holy water and dust isn't actually going to cause anyone to miscarry......

I am a liberal? :lmao: Hey TrinityPower and Derideo_Te I understand I am a liberal now! :rofl: There is nothing in verses 16-18 that changes anything. I took them out because the section I quoted is really long and I wanted to shorten it by removing stuff that is irrelevant. I also pointed out in the citation that I removed certain verses that were irrelevant. What is being described is the creation of a potion that causes abortions dude. The language used in Hebrew is specific to a "potion". Stuff like that, as well as various forms of divining, was quite common in Judaism at the time. Centuries and centuries later they would call it "witchcraft", but that is exactly what is being described and it was perfectly acceptable when Torah was written.

Now I will certainly agree that other books make statements that can be interpreted to support an anti-abortion position although none say so directly. Later Jewish tradition was unquestionably anti-abortion. Cultural demands for the survival of the family and care of the elderly made abortion undesirable because of the high mortality rate. But tradition and cultural demands are not what is important to my statement. While the Bible has many verses that can be seen as opposing abortion, there are other verses, such as the section I just quoted, that seem to suggest it's ok in certain circumstances. Thus, scripture is not totally clear on the issue.

I admit that when I read that passage for the first time it made me angry. It was done based upon a MAN'S feelings of jealousy, no grounds or proof given, just his perception so SHE had to drink something that made her sick because her husband got a tick in his ephod.

I admit that when I read that passage for the first time it made me angry. It was done based upon a MAN'S feelings of jealousy, no grounds or proof given, just his perception so SHE had to drink something that made her sick because her husband got a tick in his ephod.

I know what you mean. It's a little like the practice of throwing a woman in a lake to see if she is a witch. If she floats, she is made of wood and can burn and therefore she is a witch at which point she gets burned at the stake. If she sinks she is not a witch and avoids getting burned...of course she drowns proving her innocence so suffice it to say that being accused of witchcraft didn't turn out real well for the defendant either way it went. :lol:

In this case the woman takes a potion that induces a miscarriage so whether she was unfaithful or not she is essentially screwed. My guess is that whatever potion they used it almost always resulted in a miscarriage proving the woman's guilt and justifying the action in the mind of the husband.

Forum List

Back