“Moral Sewage”: Trump Is The Opposite Of Christianity

It wasn’t me who called Donald Trump’s campaign “reality television moral sewage.” The person who said that was none other than Russell Moore, the very conservative president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission. And it isn’t just things like calling women fat pigs, commenting on women based on how they look, or talking about the size of his penis in a nationally televised debate. Donald Trump’s entire philosophy of life is predicated on the Ayn Randian notion of the ‘virtue of selfishness,’ the belief that power and wealth are the zenith of what is important and good in the world — not more old-fashioned values like basic human decency. Is there a clearer antithesis to what Jesus preached in the gospels?

Jesus denounced those who lie; extolled the virtues of humility; said that we should treat everyone as we would want to be treated and that we should welcome the outsider; and preached that every person would be judged by whether they showed compassion for the poor. Trump hasn’t shown even a hint of any of those qualities in his business or political life.

That’s why Republicans are so uncomfortable when they are asked whether Trump is a good role model for Christian values. Check out the video of my colleague Andrea Haverdink asking Republican members of Congress that question. Note the uncomfortable looks on their faces, and that the vast majority avoid answering the question at all:

"Moral Sewage": Trump Is The Opposite Of Christianity

No "true" Christian would ever vote for Trump. It's that simple.

Has Trump proclaimed to be a moral Christian?

Not some nutter claiming it but Trump himself?

Nope, he says in his speeches he has faults....he's actually very honest about it.

It wasn’t me who called Donald Trump’s campaign “reality television moral sewage.” The person who said that was none other than Russell Moore, the very conservative president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission. And it isn’t just things like calling women fat pigs, commenting on women based on how they look, or talking about the size of his penis in a nationally televised debate. Donald Trump’s entire philosophy of life is predicated on the Ayn Randian notion of the ‘virtue of selfishness,’ the belief that power and wealth are the zenith of what is important and good in the world — not more old-fashioned values like basic human decency. Is there a clearer antithesis to what Jesus preached in the gospels?

Jesus denounced those who lie; extolled the virtues of humility; said that we should treat everyone as we would want to be treated and that we should welcome the outsider; and preached that every person would be judged by whether they showed compassion for the poor. Trump hasn’t shown even a hint of any of those qualities in his business or political life.

That’s why Republicans are so uncomfortable when they are asked whether Trump is a good role model for Christian values. Check out the video of my colleague Andrea Haverdink asking Republican members of Congress that question. Note the uncomfortable looks on their faces, and that the vast majority avoid answering the question at all:

Nope, he says in his speeches he has faults....he's actually very honest about it.

Funny. And I bet he named them...

Nope, Clinton is perfect though in your eyes and hers.

Nope, Hillary is simply the much lesser of two imperfect candidates.

Lol she's a LOT lesser.

Lol she's a LOT lesser.

Yes, she is - a LOT lesser imperfect.

Lol she's a LOT lesser.

Lol yeah she is less than imperfect.
Think of whale shit resting on the ocean floor.
Then think hiLIARy.
Keep digging.
You'll find her.

Lol she's a LOT lesser.

Then think hiLIARy.
Keep digging.
You'll find her.

That's not what I said. Can't you read simple words without making shit up?

Lol she's a LOT lesser.

Then think hiLIARy.
Keep digging.
You'll find her.

Lol you libs are funny...!!!

Lol she's a LOT lesser.

Then think hiLIARy.
Keep digging.
You'll find her.

Yeah, facts and reading comprehension are funny.

Lol she's a LOT lesser.

Then think hiLIARy.
Keep digging.
You'll find her.

Haaa! I don't know how much more of this clown show I can take..
Hillary lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then think hiLIARy.
Keep digging.
You'll find her.

Haaa! I don't know how much more of this clown show I can take..
Hillary lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just keep the thread alive...

"Moral sewage". Perfectly describes the Democratic Party and it supporters.

Everyone’s concept of what makes for a true Christian varies at least to some degree. They each interpret passages from the Bible from their own personal perspective - a perspective that is always subject to change.

All Christians believe in God, but just not the same exact God. This customization of belief means that all Christians are true Christians.

Christianity is a very large ship with many helms.
all Christians believe in God but just not the same exact God?? WHAT?
Have you even ever just driven past a church, not asking in you actually stepped in it or anything, but just driven by one.
I ask because you have totally no clue at all about Christianity

Judge for yourself...

Donald Trump has described himself as “Presbyterian and Protestant,” a “Sunday church person” and a collector of Bibles.

Now the presumptive Republican presidential nominee reportedly can add “born-again Christian” to that list, too, according to one of the members of Trump’s new evangelical advisory board.

Is Donald Trump now a born-again Christian?

Trump is a new Christian. Not much unlike the children Jesus spoke of in the verse below.

If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea.

Matthew 9:42

So many backslidden Christians judging Trump by the standards of their own backslidden Christianity. They should be encouraging Trump to grow in his Christianity. Not this.

Judge for yourself...

Donald Trump has described himself as “Presbyterian and Protestant,” a “Sunday church person” and a collector of Bibles.

Now the presumptive Republican presidential nominee reportedly can add “born-again Christian” to that list, too, according to one of the members of Trump’s new evangelical advisory board.

Trump is a new Christian. Not much unlike the children Jesus spoke of in the verse below.

If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea.

So many backslidden Christians judging Trump by the standards of their own backslidden Christianity. They should be encouraging Trump to grow in his Christianity. Not this.

Intolerance of those not just like you is the new Christianity? Or the old Christianity?

Judge for yourself...

Intolerance of those not just like you is the new Christianity? Or the old Christianity?

What is that supposed to even mean?

Kind of amusing that Russell Moore has never been quoted by the radical left before Media Matters gleaned a sound bite prize. I wonder what Rev. Moore thinks of Barry Hussein or Hillary Clinton but you can bet your (ass) etts that you won't see it on the forum.

Forum List

Back