“Moral Sewage”: Trump Is The Opposite Of Christianity

Everyone’s concept of what makes for a true Christian varies at least to some degree. They each interpret passages from the Bible from their own personal perspective - a perspective that is always subject to change.

All Christians believe in God, but just not the same exact God. This customization of belief means that all Christians are true Christians.

Christianity is a very large ship with many helms.

Like the OP would know (or care) anything about Christianity.

I'm an Atheist, but I was brought up around some "true" Christians. Trump is not even a false Christian - let alone a "true" Christian. He really is "moral Sewage".

But the Clintons are real Christian role models right?

How many women has BJ had affairs with? How many has he raped?

How many rapists has Hillary defended in court?
The bully's defense. If Clinton is toxic, why not lead by example?

Like the OP would know (or care) anything about Christianity.

I'm an Atheist, but I was brought up around some "true" Christians. Trump is not even a false Christian - let alone a "true" Christian. He really is "moral Sewage".

But the Clintons are real Christian role models right?

How many women has BJ had affairs with? How many has he raped?

How many rapists has Hillary defended in court?
The bully's defense. If Clinton is toxic, why not lead by example?

Agree. Deflection is all they have.

Everyone’s concept of what makes for a true Christian varies at least to some degree. They each interpret passages from the Bible from their own personal perspective - a perspective that is always subject to change.

All Christians believe in God, but just not the same exact God. This customization of belief means that all Christians are true Christians.

Funny. A "true" Christian is easily recognized based on how they live their lives.

Last edited:
Only "pretend" Christians would ever vote for Trump.
Then count me as a pretend Christian. Trump has my vote. And I can't stand the guy.
I like Trump. He is funny, speaks plainly and gets under the libtards skin and the Neocons at the same time.

Luvin it!

TrumpHatersProveValidity_zpsz46ucr99.jpg

Funny. A "true" Christian is easy recognized based on how they live their lives.

Only from your perception of what makes for a true Christian. I am an Agnostic and my perception of Christianity is as I stated. People are Agnostics or Atheists because of their perception of Christianity, and their personal perceptions of Christianity are just as varied as Christian's perceptions of God.

It wasn’t me who called Donald Trump’s campaign “reality television moral sewage.” The person who said that was none other than Russell Moore, the very conservative president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission. And it isn’t just things like calling women fat pigs, commenting on women based on how they look, or talking about the size of his penis in a nationally televised debate. Donald Trump’s entire philosophy of life is predicated on the Ayn Randian notion of the ‘virtue of selfishness,’ the belief that power and wealth are the zenith of what is important and good in the world — not more old-fashioned values like basic human decency. Is there a clearer antithesis to what Jesus preached in the gospels?

Jesus denounced those who lie; extolled the virtues of humility; said that we should treat everyone as we would want to be treated and that we should welcome the outsider; and preached that every person would be judged by whether they showed compassion for the poor. Trump hasn’t shown even a hint of any of those qualities in his business or political life.

That’s why Republicans are so uncomfortable when they are asked whether Trump is a good role model for Christian values. Check out the video of my colleague Andrea Haverdink asking Republican members of Congress that question. Note the uncomfortable looks on their faces, and that the vast majority avoid answering the question at all:

"Moral Sewage": Trump Is The Opposite Of Christianity

No "true" Christian would ever vote for Trump. It's that simple.

Has Trump proclaimed to be a moral Christian?

Not some nutter claiming it but Trump himself?

Judge for yourself...

Donald Trump has described himself as “Presbyterian and Protestant,” a “Sunday church person” and a collector of Bibles.

Now the presumptive Republican presidential nominee reportedly can add “born-again Christian” to that list, too, according to one of the members of Trump’s new evangelical advisory board.

Is Donald Trump now a born-again Christian?

Well if Trump is a Christian, well Christ just rolled over in his grave...

Based on your comment, do you think you are one to speak about what Christ may or may not be feeling at this exact moment?

Funny. A "true" Christian is easy recognized based on how they live their lives.

Only from your perception of what makes for a true Christian. I am an Agnostic and my perception of Christianity is as I stated. People are Agnostics or Atheists because of their perception of Christianity, and their personal perceptions of Christianity are just as varied as Christian's perceptions of God.

I'm an Atheist because I have no religious beliefs. I believe all religions are cults for weak-minded people, and I believe the Bible is pure nonsense - but I respect "true" Christians who strive to live their lives based on the teachings of Jesus as he described them. I just don't want "true" or "false" Christians running my government and dictating how I live my life. Keep religion out of politics! Trump is simply a conman - not a Christian.

but I respect "true" Christians who strive to live their lives based on the teachings of Jesus as he described them.

Respect based on your perception of what Jesus described.

I believe it is all a con on Trump's part as well, or merely a means to amuse himself.

but I respect "true" Christians who strive to live their lives based on the teachings of Jesus as he described them.

Respect based on your perception of what Jesus described.

I believe it is all a con on Trump's part as well, or merely a means to amuse himself.

No, respect based on the supposed actual words of Jesus as quoted in the Bible. His actual words are clearly stated. I think it's all bullshit - but his teachings are clearly stated. It was only when he had his God hat on that he was an evil, vicious, vindictive, narcissistic, mass-murdering asshole.

No, respect based on the supposed actual words of Jesus as quoted in the Bible. His actual words are clearly stated.

You simply project your conception of good morals onto ‘true Christians’ and also onto what Jesus said.

'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' What exactly did neighbor mean in the time of Jesus? It may not be as all inclusive as you think.

Besides, if being a true Christian is contingent on following all of Jesus’ words, I very much doubt that anyone qualifies – unless they interpret his words to fit their own perceptions and bias.

No, respect based on the supposed actual words of Jesus as quoted in the Bible. His actual words are clearly stated.

You simply project your conception of good morals onto ‘true Christians’ and also onto what Jesus said.

'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' What exactly did neighbor mean in the time of Jesus? It may not be as all inclusive as you think.

Besides, if being a true Christian is contingent on following all of Jesus’ words, I very much doubt that anyone qualifies – unless they interpret his words to fit their own perceptions and bias.

Most reasonable people can tell the difference between a false and true Christian. It ain't rocket science.

It wasn’t me who called Donald Trump’s campaign “reality television moral sewage.” The person who said that was none other than Russell Moore, the very conservative president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission. And it isn’t just things like calling women fat pigs, commenting on women based on how they look, or talking about the size of his penis in a nationally televised debate. Donald Trump’s entire philosophy of life is predicated on the Ayn Randian notion of the ‘virtue of selfishness,’ the belief that power and wealth are the zenith of what is important and good in the world — not more old-fashioned values like basic human decency. Is there a clearer antithesis to what Jesus preached in the gospels?

Jesus denounced those who lie; extolled the virtues of humility; said that we should treat everyone as we would want to be treated and that we should welcome the outsider; and preached that every person would be judged by whether they showed compassion for the poor. Trump hasn’t shown even a hint of any of those qualities in his business or political life.

That’s why Republicans are so uncomfortable when they are asked whether Trump is a good role model for Christian values. Check out the video of my colleague Andrea Haverdink asking Republican members of Congress that question. Note the uncomfortable looks on their faces, and that the vast majority avoid answering the question at all:

"Moral Sewage": Trump Is The Opposite Of Christianity

No "true" Christian would ever vote for Trump. It's that simple.

Body language tells the story as well as their non answers. Almost all of them look down after hearing the question, that is a sign of feeling sorrow. That none of them could answer the question 'yes' tells the rest of the story.

Forum List

Back