“Moral Sewage”: Trump Is The Opposite Of Christianity

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
It wasn’t me who called Donald Trump’s campaign “reality television moral sewage.” The person who said that was none other than Russell Moore, the very conservative president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission. And it isn’t just things like calling women fat pigs, commenting on women based on how they look, or talking about the size of his penis in a nationally televised debate. Donald Trump’s entire philosophy of life is predicated on the Ayn Randian notion of the ‘virtue of selfishness,’ the belief that power and wealth are the zenith of what is important and good in the world — not more old-fashioned values like basic human decency. Is there a clearer antithesis to what Jesus preached in the gospels?

Jesus denounced those who lie; extolled the virtues of humility; said that we should treat everyone as we would want to be treated and that we should welcome the outsider; and preached that every person would be judged by whether they showed compassion for the poor. Trump hasn’t shown even a hint of any of those qualities in his business or political life.

That’s why Republicans are so uncomfortable when they are asked whether Trump is a good role model for Christian values. Check out the video of my colleague Andrea Haverdink asking Republican members of Congress that question. Note the uncomfortable looks on their faces, and that the vast majority avoid answering the question at all:

"Moral Sewage": Trump Is The Opposite Of Christianity

No "true" Christian would ever vote for Trump. It's that simple.

It wasn’t me who called Donald Trump’s campaign “reality television moral sewage.” The person who said that was none other than Russell Moore, the very conservative president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission. And it isn’t just things like calling women fat pigs, commenting on women based on how they look, or talking about the size of his penis in a nationally televised debate. Donald Trump’s entire philosophy of life is predicated on the Ayn Randian notion of the ‘virtue of selfishness,’ the belief that power and wealth are the zenith of what is important and good in the world — not more old-fashioned values like basic human decency. Is there a clearer antithesis to what Jesus preached in the gospels?

Jesus denounced those who lie; extolled the virtues of humility; said that we should treat everyone as we would want to be treated and that we should welcome the outsider; and preached that every person would be judged by whether they showed compassion for the poor. Trump hasn’t shown even a hint of any of those qualities in his business or political life.

That’s why Republicans are so uncomfortable when they are asked whether Trump is a good role model for Christian values. Check out the video of my colleague Andrea Haverdink asking Republican members of Congress that question. Note the uncomfortable looks on their faces, and that the vast majority avoid answering the question at all:

Has Trump proclaimed to be a moral Christian?

Not some nutter claiming it but Trump himself?

Judge for yourself...

Donald Trump has described himself as “Presbyterian and Protestant,” a “Sunday church person” and a collector of Bibles.

Now the presumptive Republican presidential nominee reportedly can add “born-again Christian” to that list, too, according to one of the members of Trump’s new evangelical advisory board.

Is Donald Trump now a born-again Christian?

th_BlackHelicopter.gif

Judge for yourself...

Donald Trump has described himself as “Presbyterian and Protestant,” a “Sunday church person” and a collector of Bibles.

Now the presumptive Republican presidential nominee reportedly can add “born-again Christian” to that list, too, according to one of the members of Trump’s new evangelical advisory board.

Is Donald Trump now a born-again Christian?

Well if Trump is a Christian, well Christ just rolled over in his grave...

Like the OP would know (or care) anything about Christianity.

I'm an Atheist, but I was brought up around some "true" Christians. Trump is not even a false Christian - let alone a "true" Christian. He really is "moral Sewage".

I'm an Atheist, but I was brought up around some "true" Christians. Trump is not even a false Christian - let alone a "true" Christian. He really is "moral Sewage".

If Trump were like Christ he would be Jewish... Alright, I need to stop because I am going to upset my fellow nutters that enjoy me... Wait, I never gave a damn...

Only God knows the heart of man. I wouldn't even attempt to say who was or was not a Christian. This is all desperation. Sad really.

But the Clintons are real Christian role models right?

How many women has BJ had affairs with? How many has he raped?

How many rapists has Hillary defended in court?

southern baptists arent christians, they are the most vile bigots. They're working out that Trump is reasonable.

None of that psycho babble is valid.

They don't mind Ayn Randians, so long as they are bigotted ayn randians.

Hillary loves her. Idolizes actually. Not my words.

So inspirational and damn near biblical that Trump found God at JUST the same time he decided to run for the GOP nomination.

They should at least make a movie about that or sumpin'.
he shouldnt have bothered, and he sux when he lies.

But the Clintons are real Christian role models right?

How many women has BJ had affairs with? How many has he raped?

How many rapists has Hillary defended in court?
The baptists don't care about that. All they care about is persecuting people, and Trump won't do that but the GOP normally does.

This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil. 1 Timothy 3:1-7

The Bible tells us how to pick leaders of the church. Should we apply those same principles when choosing a leader for our nation?

Trump is not blameless
Hillary is not blameless
Trump is not the husband of one wife
Hillary is not the husband of one wife but she has only been married once.
Trump is greedy of filthy lucre
Hillary is greedy of filthy lucre
Trump is a novice to politics
Hillary is not a novice to politics

I am a loyal Republican that believes my convictions do not matter. I also believe that choosing a divorcee to be my leader is a great mistake. Hillary has stood by her husband even when she didn't have to do so. Marriage is the foundation of society. Having another divorce explosion like we had in the 80's under Reagan probably wouldn't be a good thing. Having a leader who exhibits respect for her marriage by being loyal in sickness in health, for better or worse, until death do us part sets a positive example that would be a very beneficial element to stabilizing homes. Stabilized homes create stabilized communities. Stabilized communities create stabilized cities. Stabilized cities create stabilized counties. So on and so forth. I see this as a positive thing.

My convictions say that I should vote for Hillary.
My loyalty to the party says I should vote for Trump.

I'm stumped. I can't agree with you when you say, "It's that simple." Not for me it isn't. However I don't live in Ohio, Florida or Pennsylvania. Nothing I say matters anyways.

Last edited:
This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil. 1 Timothy 3:1-7

The Bible tells us how to pick leaders of the church. Should we apply those same principles when choosing a leader for our nation?

Trump is not blameless
Hillary is not blameless
Trump is not the husband of one wife
Hillary is not the husband of one wife but she has only been married once.
Trump is greedy of filthy lucre
Hillary is greedy of filthy lucre
Trump is a novice to politics
Hillary is not a novice to politics

I am a loyal Republican that believes my convictions do not matter. I also believe that choosing a divorcee to be my leader is a great mistake. Hillary has stood by her husband even when she didn't have to do so. Marriage is the foundation of society. Having another divorce explosion like we had in the 80's under Reagan probably wouldn't be a good thing. Having a leader who exhibits respect for her marriage by being loyal in sickness in health, for better or worse, until death do us part sets a positive example that would be a very beneficial element to stabilizing homes. Stabilized homes create stabilized communities. Stabilized communities create stabilized cities. Stabilized cities create stabilized counties. So on and so forth. I see this as a positive thing.

My convictions say that I should vote for Hillary.
My loyalty to the party says I should vote for Trump.

I'm stumped. I can't agree with you when you say, "It's that simple." Not for me it isn't.

Hillary stayed married, but she is not for the institution of marriage.

Forum List

Back