Modern Racism: Redlining: Banks Still Restricting Home Loans In "Non-White" Areas

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
We say that white racism still exists through law and policy. And even though we know that the whites here who yell the most about how it's not so are doing it, they have the nerve to ask for proof.

Now don't come in here whining about a thread about white racism in the race and racism section.

Redlining: Banks Still Restricting Home Loans In "Non-White" Areas

• Thanks
Reactions: ATL
We say that white racism still exists through law and policy. And even though we know that the whites here who yell the most about how it's not so are doing it, they have the nerve to ask for proof.

Now don't come in here whining about a thread about white racism in the race and racism section.

Of course whites are racists-so are blacks and browns and yellows and reds. The question is how much one's racism affects others. Since whites have most of the power, their racist acts are strongest. The real question is what to do about it. You can run for a lawyer or news outlet or sit on the porch stoop whining. My advice is the Jackie Robinson approach-tell the ump(or arbiter) to treat me like you treat that white guy there. But, do one thing Jackie didn't-get a business card from a police officer and carry it with you. You'll know the right moment to pull it out.

Of course whites are racists-so are blacks and browns and yellows and reds. The question is how much one's racism affects others. Since whites have most of the power, their racist acts are strongest. The real question is what to do about it. You can run for a lawyer or news outlet or sit on the porch stoop whining. My advice is the Jackie Robinson approach-tell the ump(or arbiter) to treat me like you treat that white guy there. But, do one thing Jackie didn't-get a business card from a police officer and carry it with you. You'll know the right moment to pull it out.

When blacks, browns, reds and yellows have done what whites have, I'll listen to your suggestion.

When blacks, browns, reds and yellows have done what whites have, I'll listen to your suggestion.

I have the answer. It' not what you think.

Ready?

End the war on drugs.

That's it.

(I know, I know...nobody gives a fuck what I think)

Link?

It is not only redlining districts for home loans, but also redlining race groups for home loans and apartment rentals in better neighborhoods.
It’s DISGUSTING that such discrimination & opportunity restrictions still exist in the USA.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

I have the answer. It' not what you think.

Ready?

End the war on drugs.

That's it.

(I know, I know...nobody gives a fuck what I think)

That's not the answer.

Did Barney Frank sponsor this thread? Talk about a short memory...

Why bring up "laws and policy" when redlining is illegal?
Do you understand what illegal means?

Can't blame them. Too many blacks default on the loans.

As you can see, redlining still occurs.

And you can't see my point.
You bitch about laws when your OP is based on an ILLEGAL activity.
So either you lie or you are completely fucking retarded. I'm ok with either.

I wouldn't loan money for a house in a cesspool of violence and crime.
Does that make me racist or smart?
I'm not denying some people probably just do it because of skin color. But I doubt racism is the institutions policy.

I see your point and it is why I said what I did. So it's apparent that you are retarded. Because the example shows how whites skirt around the law and how such laws are not enforced.

I see your point and it is why I said what I did. So it's apparent that you are retarded. Because the example shows how whites skirt around the law and how such laws are not enforced.

:dig:

I do have what white people have. I have more, in fact.

Learn how to read.

I read it just fine and as I stated I’m living proof of what you claim can’t happen.

You can't read and what I said does happen because your ass has been shown it does happen.

You crack me up. When one of these whites don't like you deleting their posts they call you all kinds of asian racial slurs. But here you are toting their water just like they want you to. You're a joke.

Asian Americans Aren’t ‘Basically White’ – Here Are 5 Ways Racism Hurts Us

June 5, 2016 by Kim Tran

aasupport-1024x768.jpg

I am Asian American and I hate teaching Asian American Studies. I’ve been doing it for about 5 years now and I regret to say it’s one of the most harrowing and downright painful experiences I repeatedly endure.

Is it because I hate my own kind? Absolutely not.

It’s because I frequently find that my students say some problematic, frightening, and downright erroneous things to resist seeing themselves as people of color who are oppressed. These include but are not limited to the following:

“No one’s ever been racist toward me.”

“It’s not like we’re Black.”

“We haven’t experienced racism in this country.”

“It’s worse in my home country.”

…or my least favorite and the inspiration for this article,

“We’re basically white.”

All of these things are untrue. Well, except for the second one because, unless you’re mixed race, we’re definitely not Black. That being said, I get it.

When I was younger, I saw Chinese folks who had nice houses, good educations, who spoke fluent English. And I saw Black folks who lived with the dehumanizing effects of anti-black racism.

Between those examples and Asian stereotypes, I thought, well yeah, maybe we’re just like white people.

Maybe if I work really hard, I can make it, too.

I bought into all the nonsense Asian Americans are taught to believe about our identities, our histories and our present in this country. I rejoiced when called a “twinkie” or a “banana” (white on the inside, yellow on the outside).

I thought because the racism I knew was different from the kind my Latinx and Black friends were familiar with, that it wasn’t legitimate. Wasn’t real. Wasn’t that bad.

Yet while our experiences as Asian Americans differ from other groups, we — like all other people of color in the United States — live with the daily ramifications of white supremacy. And that distinguishes us from white America.

Asian Americans Aren't 'Basically White' – Here Are 5 Ways Racism Hurts Us

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: ATL

Forum List

Back