Mitten's record on manufacturing

“We welcome the Obama campaign’s attempt to pivot back to jobs and a discussion of their failed record. Mitt Romney helped create more jobs in his private sector experience and more jobs as Governor of Massachusetts than President Obama has for the entire nation. President Obama has many questions to answer as to why his administration used the stimulus to reward wealthy campaign donors with taxpayer money for bad ideas like Solyndra, but 23 million Americans are still struggling to find jobs," -- Andrea Saul

Wow

Blasted Hope Change with both barrels there

Since we know Mittens was 47th in the nation in job creation and that his only real experience was to destroy companies and jobs, I'd love to see some evidence of this.

Real facts about Mitt can be found here. That's another way of saying, rw's, BEWARE of TRUTH. Don't click on this link.

Not every investment pays off as an investor. Sometimes what you invest in goes belly up. While it doesn't mean he destroyed jobs; it doesn't mean he created many. Also; he lost the election after his governorship pretty handily. One would think that if he did such a knock-out job creating jobs he would have done better at least.

Romney's experience with closing failing enterprises is exactly what's needed in Washington DC

You mean he's going to loot the government, leave the taxpayers with a bigger bill while his rich buddies make out like bandits.

Because that's what encounters with Bain usually meant for companies like DDi, AmPad and GST.

He might start by putting the government on a budget and make department head justify their expenses.

He might. But since that isn't the real problem, is it?

budget-pie.gif

22% of the budget goes to Defense. Romney has promised to increase defense and even wants to get us into more wars like that's a good idea right now.

21% is social security and 21% is Medicare, Medicaid and Schipp. Not much wiggle room there, those are going to probably go up because medical costs are going up. Obama actually tried to control costs, and the TeaBaggers started screaming about Death Panels.

9% is interest on the debt. No wiggle room there, we owe that money.

So here we are, discussing the budget, and we've already deteremined that a full 73% of it is stuff that mitt will either increase spending on or can't touch.

18% is "everything else", but everything else includes roads, bridges, dams, parks, law enforcement, border protection, and stuff that the GOP says they are for.

And that's the problem. I have yet to hear Mitt say exactly what is wasteful and what he is going to cut. I have yet to here him say how he's going to employ the people in the public and private sector who are going to lose their jobs when those things ARE cut.

I do think that we need to cut a lot of these things. I think practical reality is going to force us to cut mlitary spending some time soon, and we should probably means test Social Security and Medicare.

But the minute he gives specifics, old Clem who works at the shipyard where they are building the new Aircraft Carriers we don't really need is going to say, "Hey, that's my job you're cutting!"

Forum List

Back