Mitten's record on manufacturing

Yet Bain made a huge profit from them. Yet Bain raped their pension fund, under Romney's watch

Oh, and fuck the sleeping bag story. You aren't aware that the furnaces used took up to 8 hours to come up to heat?

GST, Steelworkers enter era of calm after 10-week strike - Kansas City Business Journal
The strike ended June 13 when union members and management agreed to a five-and-a-half-year operating contract that complied with union demands to improve pensions and eliminate wage inequities between old and new workers.
According to this, the pension fund issue was resolved while Romney was there. how, inconvenient for you :rofl:

As for the furnace thing? STRAWMAN, thy name is Dickless Tuck-n-Run :rofl:
I think I'll take the word of someone who worked there, however briefly, over you're dumb ass. :rofl:

Yet, the fund was still underfunded, and the US taxpayer had to bail it out.

Oh, and as to your claim that GST was a failure, I'd point out to the fact that Bain made a significant profit after a few years of ownership. They did this by sucking the company dry.

Enron got thier DUE...False dichotomy besides.

WHAT YOU have done is foist an indefensible argument.

Not really. You asked why the Bain people weren't tried. The simple answer is the limited liability they received as stock owners. Add to that the Bush administration didn't give a fuck about corporate malfeasance until they had to.

So YOU are saying they either gave UP for no case or lack of interest?

Really?

IF the charges you brought to bear are true? YOU act as if they had a CASE...

WHY didn't they persue as from the AD I heard so many disgruntled voices?

YOU front a piss-poor argument.

I have the facts. GST was bought up by Bain, they made a significant profit from it. The pension fund became underfunded, and the US taxpayer had to bail it out. And GST went bankrupt in 2001. Mitt was a corporate predator. Mitt didn't give a fuck about jobs. Mitt cared about sucking companies dry to enrich himself.

Yet Bain made a huge profit from them. Yet Bain raped their pension fund, under Romney's watch

Oh, and fuck the sleeping bag story. You aren't aware that the furnaces used took up to 8 hours to come up to heat?

GST, Steelworkers enter era of calm after 10-week strike - Kansas City Business Journal
The strike ended June 13 when union members and management agreed to a five-and-a-half-year operating contract that complied with union demands to improve pensions and eliminate wage inequities between old and new workers.
According to this, the pension fund issue was resolved while Romney was there. how, inconvenient for you :rofl:

I think I'll take the word of someone who worked there, however briefly, over you're dumb ass. :rofl:

Oh, and as to your claim that GST was a failure, I'd point out to the fact that Bain made a significant profit after a few years of ownership. They did this by sucking the company dry.

I can't begin to explain the number of things wrong with you and your ridiculous obsession with blaming Romney for GST.

I can't begin to explain the number of things wrong with you and your ridiculous obsession with blaming Romney for GST.

He's lonely and demands attention...

Not really. You asked why the Bain people weren't tried. The simple answer is the limited liability they received as stock owners. Add to that the Bush administration didn't give a fuck about corporate malfeasance until they had to.

Really?

I have the facts. GST was bought up by Bain, they made a significant profit from it. The pension fund became underfunded, and the US taxpayer had to bail it out. And GST went bankrupt in 2001. Mitt was a corporate predator. Mitt didn't give a fuck about jobs. Mitt cared about sucking companies dry to enrich himself.

You have Squat. Keep evading.

Really?

You have yet to dispute a single fact from the Reuter's article. It's you have squat. But keep on with your speculative rants. It's tough to admit that Romney is nothing but a vulture capitalist.

You have yet to dispute a single fact from the Reuter's article. It's you have squat. But keep on with your speculative rants. It's tough to admit that Romney is nothing but a vulture capitalist.

*YOU* have YET to answer MY question...

IDIOT

IDIOT

You're question was a speculative strawman. Are you too stupid to know that stockholders have limited liability? Ask Bush why no one was prosecuted for underfunding the pension fund of GTS, and why the taxpayers had to bail them out.

IDIOT

You're question was a speculative strawman. Are you too stupid to know that stockholders have limited liability? Ask Bush why no one was prosecuted for underfunding the pension fund of GTS, and why the taxpayers had to bail them out.

NO it was a comment based upon FACT presented.

Try again assclown.

Mittneys record?

– In 1992, the firm acquired American Pad & Paper. By 1999, the year Romney left Bain, two American plants were closed, 385 jobs had been cut and the company was $392 million in debt. The next year, Ampad was forced into bankruptcy.

– Bain Capital and Goldman Sachs bought Dade International for about $450 million in 1994. The firm quickly fired or relocated at least 900 workers. Over the next several years, it sunk increasingly into debt and laid off 1,000 workers. In 2002 — after Romney had left Bain — it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

– A 1997 buyout of LIVE Entertainment for $150 million resulted in 40 layoffs, roughly one in four of the company’s 166 workers. The job cuts affected all aspects of the company, from production and acquisition to legal and public relations.

– In 1997, Bain bought a stake in DDI Corp., a maker of electronic circuit boards. Three years later, Bain took the company public and collected a $36 million payout. But by August 2003, the company filed for bankruptcy protection, laying off more than 2,100 workers.

22 percent of the money Bain Capital raised from 1987 to 1995 was invested in five businesses — Stage Stores, American Pad & Paper, GS Indusries, Dade, and Details. These five made Bain $578 million in profit, even as all five eventually went bankrupt.

FLASHBACK: Romney's Private Equity Firm Caused Several Corporate Bankruptcies, Thousands Of Layoffs | ThinkProgress

What’s more, a federal government insurance agency had to pony up $44 million to bail out the company’s underfunded pension plan. Nevertheless, Bain profited on the deal, receiving $12 million on its $8 million initial investment and at least $4.5 million in consulting fees.

How Romney's Firm Drove Steel Plant Into Bankruptcy, But Still Profited Thanks To Federal Bailout | ThinkProgress

Like I said before, they extract profits, cut or move jobs and then the company goes bankrupt while the taxpayer picks up the bill for the mess they leave behind.

Last edited:

IDIOT

NO it was a comment based upon FACT presented.

Try again assclown.

What a petulant little turd you are. What fact presented in the Reuter's article have you shown to be false. Here's a clue. None.

Did Bain make a significant profit on CST? Yes.

Did CST have a their pension fund become underfunded under Bain's control? Yes.

Did the US taxpayer have to bail out the pension fund after CST went belly up? Yes.

Romney doesn't give a shit about jobs, his business was being a corporate vulture.

He's just gonna pull an Axelrod and say 'prove I'm wrong'

Does anyone deny that the taxpayer had to pick up the tab for the underfunded pensions? Romney is a predator. His mindset is what's wrong with unregulated capitalism.

So of course you will be dead set against the taxpayer bailing out the USPS?

As USPS is in imaginary trouble...trouble that could be fixed with a simple change to the nonsense law that requires them to fund pensions for future employees that haven't even been born yet...there's no need for additional money to "bail them out"

The fact that Obama isn't pushing or even discussing the obvious and logical solution is his failure. The fact that Romney hasn't pushed for or even discussed the obvious and logical solution is his failure. The fact that WE are not demanding the obvious and logical solution is OUR failure.

romney_vulture.jpg

Mittneys record?

– In 1992, the firm acquired American Pad & Paper. By 1999, the year Romney left Bain, two American plants were closed, 385 jobs had been cut and the company was $392 million in debt. The next year, Ampad was forced into bankruptcy.

– Bain Capital and Goldman Sachs bought Dade International for about $450 million in 1994. The firm quickly fired or relocated at least 900 workers. Over the next several years, it sunk increasingly into debt and laid off 1,000 workers. In 2002 — after Romney had left Bain — it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

– A 1997 buyout of LIVE Entertainment for $150 million resulted in 40 layoffs, roughly one in four of the company’s 166 workers. The job cuts affected all aspects of the company, from production and acquisition to legal and public relations.

– In 1997, Bain bought a stake in DDI Corp., a maker of electronic circuit boards. Three years later, Bain took the company public and collected a $36 million payout. But by August 2003, the company filed for bankruptcy protection, laying off more than 2,100 workers.

22 percent of the money Bain Capital raised from 1987 to 1995 was invested in five businesses — Stage Stores, American Pad & Paper, GS Indusries, Dade, and Details. These five made Bain $578 million in profit, even as all five eventually went bankrupt.

FLASHBACK: Romney's Private Equity Firm Caused Several Corporate Bankruptcies, Thousands Of Layoffs | ThinkProgress

What’s more, a federal government insurance agency had to pony up $44 million to bail out the company’s underfunded pension plan. Nevertheless, Bain profited on the deal, receiving $12 million on its $8 million initial investment and at least $4.5 million in consulting fees.

How Romney's Firm Drove Steel Plant Into Bankruptcy, But Still Profited Thanks To Federal Bailout | ThinkProgress

Like I said before, they extract profits, cut or move jobs and then the company goes bankrupt while the taxpayer picks up the bill for the mess they leave behind.

Which is something I wish that would be emphasized more.

Romney has painted himself as this master capitalist, but mostly what he is good at is manipulating the system to make a quick buck, leaving investors, employees and taxpayers on the hook while he walks away with a quick buck.

Romney's experience with closing failing enterprises is exactly what's needed in Washington DC

Romney's experience with closing failing enterprises is exactly what's needed in Washington DC

You mean he's going to loot the government, leave the taxpayers with a bigger bill while his rich buddies make out like bandits.

Because that's what encounters with Bain usually meant for companies like DDi, AmPad and GST.

He might start by putting the government on a budget and make department head justify their expenses.

You mean he's going to loot the government, leave the taxpayers with a bigger bill while his rich buddies make out like bandits.

Because that's what encounters with Bain usually meant for companies like DDi, AmPad and GST.

He might start by putting the government on a budget and make department head justify their expenses.

Or maybe he'll do like Massachussetts - and be totally dope for Job growth.

Forum List

Back