Mitt Romney is going to get the GOP nomination.......and he is a cupcake

I used to worry that Mitt could run a strong campaign against Obama. The more I see of him the more obvious it is that he is stiff, awkward and uncomfortable around people. At times, he is downright creepy

He has little chance against Obama

You can't really go by that. I thought Nixon was creepy. I thought Bush Jr. was really creepy, spoiled and stupid. I thought Reagan was a terrible actor, a rotten governor and a dreadful president. In fact, I wonder if the Alzheimer actually helped Reagan. Causing him to forget some of the awful things he wanted to do. Seems I was right about all three. Republicans see them as great. Especially Reagan, which is odd since they rewrote his history with the "Reagan Legacy Project".

Bush Sr. I thought was pretty good. I even voted for him. I still think he was an underrated president.

And do you know why he was good? Because he understood government, and didn't hate government. He spent his life as a Congressman, as Ambassador to the U.N., as Director of the CIA, as Vice-President, and as President. And all in furtherance of his country, not as a vehicle in which to enrich his friends.

I used to worry that Mitt could run a strong campaign against Obama. The more I see of him the more obvious it is that he is stiff, awkward and uncomfortable around people. At times, he is downright creepy

You can't really go by that. I thought Nixon was creepy. I thought Bush Jr. was really creepy, spoiled and stupid. I thought Reagan was a terrible actor, a rotten governor and a dreadful president. In fact, I wonder if the Alzheimer actually helped Reagan. Causing him to forget some of the awful things he wanted to do. Seems I was right about all three. Republicans see them as great. Especially Reagan, which is odd since they rewrote his history with the "Reagan Legacy Project".

Bush Sr. I thought was pretty good. I even voted for him. I still think he was an underrated president.

You aren't exactly an accurate barometer on Republicans, are you?

Romney's big problem is that most Republicans don't like him, that he's only running about 25% in the polls amongst Republicans right now. What saves him is that all the other candidates aren't that good AND the vote is split.

But enthusiasm is what wins elections.

And do you know why he was good? Because he understood government, and didn't hate government. He spent his life as a Congressman, as Ambassador to the U.N., as Director of the CIA, as Vice-President, and as President. And all in furtherance of his country, not as a vehicle in which to enrich his friends.

Thus demonstrating why Bush 41 was an awful president. Because deep down, he thought Government was the solution, not the problem. Let's make the bloated bureaucracies at the VA and EPA cabinet level positions. Let's raise taxes and increase spending. Let's let the UN tell us how to conduct the Gulf War. (Ooops. Left the bad guy in power and left us with another war to fight a decade later.)

I almost voted for Perot in 1992. Until I found out he was crazy.

Romney's big problem is that most Republicans don't like him, that he's only running about 25% in the polls amongst Republicans right now. What saves him is that all the other candidates aren't that good AND the vote is split.

Give it up, you hateful little liberal.

Wow, I got my own little stalker...

Isn't he cute?

Write-About-Cyber-Stalkers-on-Wikinut.jpeg

But what if ALL their enthusiasm comes from their obsession with getting the Black Man out of the White House?

But what if ALL their enthusiasm comes from their obsession with getting the Black Man out of the White House?

I think you are speaking for people you don't know and trying to apply sinister motives to them.

The very fact that many of them were willing to consider Herman Cain (before he self-destructed) would put to rest any notion that this is about race for all but the Matthews of the world.

My oppossition to Obama comes from the fact that he's simply been an awful president who inspires no confidence in the economy.

But I'll probably vote for him before Romney, Bachmann, or Paul.

I could live with Gingrich, Santorum or Perry, but none of them have run good campaigns.

Its funny that enthusiasm doesn't win nomination elections.

I think you are speaking for people you don't know and trying to apply sinister motives to them.

The very fact that many of them were willing to consider Herman Cain (before he self-destructed) would put to rest any notion that this is about race for all but the Matthews of the world.

My oppossition to Obama comes from the fact that he's simply been an awful president who inspires no confidence in the economy.

I could live with Gingrich, Santorum or Perry, but none of them have run good campaigns.

You are speaking for folks you don't know, JoeB, and applying sinister motives to them.

Romney, once he dispels the social value conservative mania will do quite well and take the nomination.

I don't believe that there were many in the GOP willing to vote for Cain. I think they liked using him as a way of saying "See? We don't have any problems with race!!!"

Its funny that enthusiasm doesn't win nomination elections.

Well, that's true. Especially in the GOP, where we give it to people because it's "Their Turn", which is kind of retarded.

Then again, the GOP has only won 1 out of the last five popular votes for President... so there's that.

The Dems have only received more than 50% of the popular vote 3 times since the end of WWII.

I don't believe that there were many in the GOP willing to vote for Cain. I think they liked using him as a way of saying "See? We don't have any problems with race!!!"

There was no way Republicans were going to elect a black man. They have only elected six blacks as Congressmen, Senators, Governors or President in the last 70 years. One Republican Senator and five congressmen

Cain was just a token to parade at the debates

And obama is the president who just signed your rights away.
NDAA 2012

Until Obama's former extreme liberal base discovers that Romney is FAR to the left of their (former) New Messiah. Then he's a shoo-in.

NDAA 2012

I'm safe, I hope he doesn't get you

NDAA 2012

I'm safe, I hope he doesn't get you

You're safe? Are you sure you will be when there is a republican president?

Forum List

Back