Mitt Romney asked about Republican Poor, says "I'm not trying to help them".

On Morning Joe, Mitt Romney was asked about what he would do for the Republican poor and how his policies would help the Republican poor and he said he's not trying to target any particular segment of society.

In other words, "You guys are on your own, don't look to me for help".

Really good message.

When asked about his "policies", there were the typical Republican repsonse:

Cut taxes for the wealthy

gut the EPA

Open health care across state borders (so it can't be regulated)

and variations on these three themes.

Nothing about education, building American infrastructure, helping the middle class.

So, this is it? The is the best Republicans have to offer? Am I missing something here? This fantasy that cutting taxes for billionaires will make jobs has gone on way too long. Do Republicans really believe America can compete with a failing infrastructure and no education? How would success look without those?

So now Liberals have resorted to blatant lying. Actually nothing new there.

Mitt Romney never said this. I saw the segment and he was saying he wants EVERYBODY to have a chance at the Amercian Dream. His policies will help ALL AMERCIANS, likewise its not aimed at any one group. If he aimed it at one group like Obama does that would be class warfare.

Now carry on with more of your lies Liberal.

After Romney ran that blatantly out of context quote attributed to Obama in an ad,

he lost all standing to be treated nicely. Deal with it.

On Morning Joe, Mitt Romney was asked about what he would do for the Republican poor and how his policies would help the Republican poor and he said he's not trying to target any particular segment of society.

In other words, "You guys are on your own, don't look to me for help".

Really good message.

When asked about his "policies", there were the typical Republican repsonse:

Cut taxes for the wealthy

gut the EPA

Open health care across state borders (so it can't be regulated)

and variations on these three themes.

Nothing about education, building American infrastructure, helping the middle class.

So, this is it? The is the best Republicans have to offer? Am I missing something here? This fantasy that cutting taxes for billionaires will make jobs has gone on way too long. Do Republicans really believe America can compete with a failing infrastructure and no education? How would success look without those?

Mitt Romney never said this. I saw the segment and he was saying he wants EVERYBODY to have a chance at the Amercian Dream. His policies will help ALL AMERCIANS, likewise its not aimed at any one group. If he aimed it at one group like Obama does that would be class warfare.

After Romney ran that blatantly out of context quote attributed to Obama in an ad,

Oh, yay! The 'mommy, he did it too!' excuse. :lol:

it cost money to have stuff. It takes tax money to have things done and built in America.

I'm working poor. I don't take welfare, stamps or any other form of support. Everything I have is mine. The apt I rent is sorta mine. But the cloths, the shitty van, the food, the bills, my shoes my kids stuff was all bought with my money making it mine.

It bothers me deeply that for more than a few years, not one pebble put into a road anywhere in America is my pebble.

How much harder would it be for you if every paycheck was 10% less, or even 15% less? Be honest. Would you be able to afford your rent and food, clothes, gas, bills and stuff for your kids with 10% less money. What would you cut out?

There are PLENTY of other people on this site that say you are only poor because of yourself and your lack of desire to not be poor and you have a poor work ethic. Is that the case?

I doubt my taxes would get raised, as the government can change the tax code around so that I don't get it all back.

that would not be a burden.

My current work ethic is all the overtime I can get to put my wife through nursing school.
Well, the point is that many on the right are advocating that you should not only not get anything back but should be paying taxes in the neighborhood of 10% so that you have "skin in the game". Would 10% less money every month not hurt your situation?

And I'm sure you do work hard, and I've argued on the behalf of people like you countless times. But the fringe right that make up this site want everyone to believe that anyone who is poor is lazy a slacker and only wants free handouts from the government.

No it's the no unilateral disarmament rationale.

Romney also dumped a ton of mud on Gingrich in order to win Florida. The what goes around comes around freight train is coming down the track.

Can you link us to the post where you trashed Romney for what he did? Thanks!

Romney also dumped a ton of mud on Gingrich in order to win Florida. The what goes around comes around freight train is coming down the track.

I have a low tolerance for this kind of bullshit. I find it petty and a tad ridiculous.

If this is what our political system has descended to then I feel sorry for Americans. We are worth better than this... from all of them.

But.. this is about a specific claim, and that claim - from the left - is bullshit. He did not say what the left are claiming he said. Logic, context, rational thought.... he didn't say it.

but he is targeting the rich for tax cuts

I never got a job from a poor man. Have you?

I hope my employer gets tax cuts because that means more benefits for me and my fellow workers. I just might be able to go out and buy that big screen TV I want!

And I have never seen a man get rich without many poor men, making his money for him.

The rich need the hungry, or they cannot get rich. Few want to do the menial or other labor it takes to make shit.

The only question for me is, do the rich pay the worker enough to prosper? Traditionally this was not the case until unions......

I never got a job from a poor man. Have you?

I hope my employer gets tax cuts because that means more benefits for me and my fellow workers. I just might be able to go out and buy that big screen TV I want!
Tax cuts for the wealthy don't create jobs. DEMAND for products creates jobs.

Do you really believe that a rich guy looks at his 1040 and says "Wow! I don't have to pay that extra 6%! I'll open a factory to celebrate!"

He'll open that factory if there are people WITH MONEY IN THEIR HANDS wanting to buy what he's making.

Put more money into more hands and watch our economy boom.

I never bought anything I couldn't afford, have you? I hope I get a tax cut so I can afford to buy that big screen TV.

I have no idea which discussion you think you're in. Clearly you didn't READ and COMPREHEND. I merely said when my employer has more money at their disposal it gets passed down in various forms to guys like me. I know this for a fact. So I like the idea of tax cuts for people like my employer.

Not sure where the "factory" came from and the idea of spending more than you can afford.

Ok... prove it.... we'll wait.

I have a low tolerance for this kind of bullshit. I find it petty and a tad ridiculous.

If this is what our political system has descended to then I feel sorry for Americans. We are worth better than this... from all of them.

But.. this is about a specific claim, and that claim - from the left - is bullshit. He did not say what the left are claiming he said. Logic, context, rational thought.... he didn't say it.

Well... let's put it this way...I'll give you the same response that you give us when a Wingnut does the same... fair enough???

Tissue?

But cutting taxes for the wealthy and gutting the EPA really doesn't add up to centering efforts on one segment of society, does it? Unless you're a wealthy corporation.

please link to the interview in the OP, and show me where Romney said he wants to gut the EPA.
When you don't know what you're talking about, you should probably not talk about it.

cricket... cricket... cricket...

Last edited:

Well... let's put it this way...I'll give you the same response that you give us when a Wingnut does the same... fair enough???

Tissue?

That's probably the most rational response I've seen from you.

But cutting taxes for the wealthy and gutting the EPA really doesn't add up to centering efforts on one segment of society, does it? Unless you're a wealthy corporation.

please link to the interview in the OP, and show me where Romney said he wants to gut the EPA.
When you don't know what you're talking about, you should probably not talk about it.

cricket... cricket... cricket...

Actually...it's...

"crickets"....

or

"chirp...chirp...chirp.."

But it is not

"cricket....cricket...cricket..."

Tissue?

That's probably the most rational response I've seen from you.

Like you'd know rationality.

I guess that's all your mental capacities can handle... one liners.... or "one worders" in this situation.

OK...so far that is four posts in this thread and you have yet to add one thing to the conversation/debate.

I would think you would be more appropriate for the "Romper Room"

I guess that's all your mental capacities can handle... one liners.... or "one worders" in this situation.

Nah, she's a genius. Just ask her, she'll tell you.

She offfers a lot more to the debate than steelplate does...

And she is a lot more intelligent than you give her credit for.

FYI...people that think differently than you, do that...think differently than you. It does not mean they are not intelligent.

Nah, she's a genius. Just ask her, she'll tell you.

She offfers a lot more to the debate than steelplate does...

And she is a lot more intelligent than you give her credit for.

FYI...people that think differently than you, do that...think differently than you. It does not mean they are not intelligent.

No she doesn't, 9/10 of her posts are telling people that they are idiots without anything else of substance. She has a VERY high opinion of herself and as soon as someone points out something that she may be wrong about she ignores it completely. She's afraid of honest debate because she doesn't understand the issues she pretends to be an expert about. But she knows how to insult people and pretend that she's "better than" all of that nonsense. She's pathetic.

And I don't think she is an idiot, not like some of the other actual idiots on this site. She just thinks shes smarter than she actually is but she has a piss poor personality that reeks of "fuck you, I'm better than you"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back