Mitt Romney asked about Republican Poor, says "I'm not trying to help them".

The government should leave us all on our own. obama's message is that the government will be our partner in life, day by day, a sort of federal spouse.

I don't need this forced marriage. The government should leave everyone on their own. How did "You are on your own" get to be so terrifying to democrats?

They found that promoting personal responsibility does not generate nearly as many votes as promoting government asissiatnce.

On Morning Joe, Mitt Romney was asked about what he would do for the Republican poor and how his policies would help the Republican poor and he said he's not trying to target any particular segment of society.

In other words, "You guys are on your own, don't look to me for help".

Really good message.

When asked about his "policies", there were the typical Republican repsonse:

Cut taxes for the wealthy

gut the EPA

Open health care across state borders (so it can't be regulated)

and variations on these three themes.

Nothing about education, building American infrastructure, helping the middle class.

So, this is it? The is the best Republicans have to offer? Am I missing something here? This fantasy that cutting taxes for billionaires will make jobs has gone on way too long. Do Republicans really believe America can compete with a failing infrastructure and no education? How would success look without those?

So now Liberals have resorted to blatant lying. Actually nothing new there.

Mitt Romney never said this. I saw the segment and he was saying he wants EVERYBODY to have a chance at the Amercian Dream. His policies will help ALL AMERCIANS, likewise its not aimed at any one group. If he aimed it at one group like Obama does that would be class warfare.

Now carry on with more of your lies Liberal.

Romney: 'I'm not concerned about the very poor' - Yahoo! News

"I'm not concerned about the very poor." he said Wednesday.

A candidate for the 1%.

From your link:

"I'm not concerned about the very poor." he said Wednesday. "We have a safety net there. If it needs repair, I'll fix it. I'm not concerned about the very rich. They're doing just fine. I'm concerned about the very heart of America, the 90-95 percent of Americans who right now are struggling."

Asked whether his comment about the poor might come across as odd to some, Romney reiterated.

"We will hear from the Democrat party the plight of the poor and there's no question, it's not good being poor, and we have a safety net to help those that are very poor," Romney said, adding that he's more worried about the unemployed, people living on Social Security and those struggling to send their kids to college.

Yea, I can see why people want to lie about what he said. The truth is a tad inconvenient.... for the anti-Romney crowd.

On Morning Joe, Mitt Romney was asked about what he would do for the Republican poor and how his policies would help the Republican poor and he said he's not trying to target any particular segment of society.

Really good message.

gut the EPA

Nothing about education, building American infrastructure, helping the middle class.

So, this is it? The is the best Republicans have to offer? Am I missing something here? This fantasy that cutting taxes for billionaires will make jobs has gone on way too long. Do Republicans really believe America can compete with a failing infrastructure and no education? How would success look without those?

If you need to spin the words of someone you disagree with in an attempt to make them look bad, then you most certainly do not deem them as looking bad on their own merits.

Sadly, you dont agree with Romney who feels no President should target JUST ONE GROUP...and instead target the US population as a whole.

I cant imagine why you disagree with him though.

Romney said he was not concerned with one segment of the population, the very poor.

How do you extrapolate that to mean he is concerned with every segment of the population when he's clearly stated that's not true?

:cuckoo:

Really good message.

gut the EPA

If you need to spin the words of someone you disagree with in an attempt to make them look bad, then you most certainly do not deem them as looking bad on their own merits.

Sadly, you dont agree with Romney who feels no President should target JUST ONE GROUP...and instead target the US population as a whole.

Romney said he was not concerned with one segment of the population, the very poor.

How do you extrapolate that to mean he is concerned with every segment of the population when he's clearly stated that's not true?

Read the whole context of what he said... then admit you're wrong.

Really good message.

gut the EPA

Negged for lying

again

See, here's the thing for the mentally libtarded that fall for your bullshit.

We have one special interest group; American citizens. What we think works best for everyone is what we are going to do.

We will not make victim classes.
We will not court class warfare
We will not cry like liberals b/c life is not fair and try to force fairness on everyone.

damn, it's long passed time for all of you to grow up.

So now Liberals have resorted to blatant lying. Actually nothing new there.

Mitt Romney never said this. I saw the segment and he was saying he wants EVERYBODY to have a chance at the Amercian Dream. His policies will help ALL AMERCIANS, likewise its not aimed at any one group. If he aimed it at one group like Obama does that would be class warfare.

Now carry on with more of your lies Liberal.

Romney: 'I'm not concerned about the very poor' - Yahoo! News

A candidate for the 1%.

From your link:

"I'm not concerned about the very poor." he said Wednesday. "We have a safety net there. If it needs repair, I'll fix it. I'm not concerned about the very rich. They're doing just fine. I'm concerned about the very heart of America, the 90-95 percent of Americans who right now are struggling."

Asked whether his comment about the poor might come across as odd to some, Romney reiterated.

"We will hear from the Democrat party the plight of the poor and there's no question, it's not good being poor, and we have a safety net to help those that are very poor," Romney said, adding that he's more worried about the unemployed, people living on Social Security and those struggling to send their kids to college.

Yea, I can see why people want to lie about what he said. The truth is a tad inconvenient.... for the anti-Romney crowd.

They're doing just fine.

Are they? How would Romney, the guy who paid a smaller percentage of taxes on his 21 million dollars than I did on my pittance, know anything about the very poor?

Now the Tea Baggers are trying to paint being poor as a good thing "They're doing just fine".

Wow.

There are no limits to their deceit are there?

From your link:

They're doing just fine.

Are they? How would Romney, the guy who paid a smaller percentage of taxes on his 21 million dollars than I did on my pittance, know anything about the very poor?

Now the Tea Baggers are trying to paint being poor as a good thing "They're doing just fine".

Wow.

The "They're doing just fine." refers to the wealthy, you fucking moron. Try basic comprehension classes.

Idiot.

We will not cry like liberals b/c life is not fair and try to force fairness on everyone.

At least you are willing to admit that things are not fair.

Why should we all not be working towards a fair system?

but he is targeting the rich for tax cuts

No, he wants to cut taxes across the board. Lying isn't gonna help you.

No he doesn't. Romney wants to "broaden the tax base", which is republican speak for making more of the poor and lower middle class pay more.

You'll forgive me, perhaps, for not accepting an idiots version of what 'republican speak' is, since many of you appear unable to understand basic English.

Really good message.

gut the EPA

That is not what he said.
Either you have a reading comprehension issue or you are so wrapped up in trying to find fauilt in the man that you will read that he said "I love you" and you would take it as an insult.

What he said was that he is not targeting ONE specific group...he is targeting the population as a whole....in other words, he will condier the positive AND negatoive ramifications of any intitiative on all groups of people.

That is what a President is supposed to do.

Our House of representatives has individuals that target JUST THEIR CONSTITUANTS as they should...our senate targets JUST THEIR INDIVIDUAL STATES as it should...and the president targets ALL people...

As our current president DOESNT do.

No he doesn't. Romney wants to "broaden the tax base", which is republican speak for making more of the poor and lower middle class pay more.

I get more back than I pay in.

Please tell me how it's fair that your money is put in my pocket.

Yeah, you've mentioned that before. I asked you a question and you ignored it. So I'll try again.

Why don't you send that money back if you disagree with it?

From your link:

They're doing just fine.

Wow.

The "They're doing just fine." refers to the wealthy, you fucking moron. Try basic comprehension classes.

Idiot.

You're right, it does, my bad.

However, he fails to include the very poor in his "90 to 95% of Americans that are struggling".

Why?

Part of the GOP agenda is to reduce and remove that "safety net" for the poor, how does that play into his speech?

Since when do you get involved in spewing spin?

What spin? I'm referring to Romneys stance on taxes. I made no comment on what he may or may not have said on Morning Joe.

He is not looking to increase taxes on the poor...he never said anything of the kind. That is spin.

You'll forgive me, perhaps, for not accepting an idiots version of what 'republican speak' is, since many of you appear unable to understand basic English.

I can't forgive laziness, since that seems to be why you don't even know what Romney stands for even though you act like you do know.

At least you are willing to admit that things are not fair.

Why should we all not be working towards a fair system?

I said life is not fair.

your idea of a fair system is utter horseshit.

A fair system would be us all paying the same amount of taxes or no income tax at all.

Telling the rich to pay more when I get more back than I pay in is fucking non-sense, and is clearly not fair.

ps; I'm not a jealous whiner that the rich are rich either. so don't bother with class warfare bs on me.

New Topics

Forum List

Back