Mistakes Atheists Make

It doesn't matter what we deserve, God loves us unconditionally, even when we stray away from him.

Which is poignant, given that you just said this in your prior post:

blackrook said:
But atheists study Scripture, they memorize Biblical passages, they engage people in furious debate, all to prove that they don't believe in God, and no one else should either.

Who does God prefer? The indifferent semi-believer or the furious, but dedicated, opponent?

By saying that, you are essentially saying that we all—athiests included—deserve God's love, yes? That God owes us, right?

What does the Apostle Paul say in Ephesians 2:8 about that?

For by Grace are ye saved through Faith; and not that of yourselves: it is the gift of God

Ephesians 2 8 For it is by grace you have been saved through faith--and this is not from yourselves it is the gift of God--

It's very easy to become the best person who ever went to hell, yes?

So I could literally be the kindest, most generous person anyone has ever known. Lived my entire life trying to help others and was humble and God will still send me to Hell if I don't believe in him?
Yes. You failed to do the primary reason for your existence.

It doesn't matter what we deserve, God loves us unconditionally, even when we stray away from him.

blackrook said:
But atheists study Scripture, they memorize Biblical passages, they engage people in furious debate, all to prove that they don't believe in God, and no one else should either.

Who does God prefer? The indifferent semi-believer or the furious, but dedicated, opponent?

By saying that, you are essentially saying that we all—athiests included—deserve God's love, yes? That God owes us, right?

For by Grace are ye saved through Faith; and not that of yourselves: it is the gift of God

Ephesians 2 8 For it is by grace you have been saved through faith--and this is not from yourselves it is the gift of God--

So I could literally be the kindest, most generous person anyone has ever known. Lived my entire life trying to help others and was humble and God will still send me to Hell if I don't believe in him?

blackrook said:

It's this sort of nonsense that proves there is no 'god' as perceived by theists, that 'god' is a creation of man, the product of man's arrogance, ignorance, fear, and hate, where the innocent are subject to 'punishment' for no other reason than practicing the 'wrong faith,' or otherwise being free from faith.

That is the truth of the Word of God. Faith in the correct person, as Jesus Christ, God the Son, the Word Incarnate, is needed for salvation.

There are many false teachings teaching of false Jesus Christs. Be wary of any teachings that denies Jesus Christ is God.

That is the reason I am adamant that true Christians worship the true God, I Am, the Trinitarian God.

Muslims deny the Trinity God and deny Jesus Christ is God the Son. They were taught false teachings by a demon through Mohammed. They worship a false god, Allah of the many names. Muslims will say that Allah is God, YHWH, and so on. It doesn't matter what the name is, it matters the person to which the name refers. Thus, belief in Islam will definitely leads to Hell.

The vast majority of people on Earth are headed straight for eternity in Hell. Billions of people will end up there.

The Holy Spirit shall be my witness in this matter.

I pray that God's grace be with you.

Matthew 7:13-14 [ESV]
“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.
And yet, the numbers indicate that believers in other religions will make the same claim that you hurl at moslems: that you believe in false gods/prophets.

Anyway, I suggest that we all work together to bring you angry religionists together with guns and knives in a remote place (Antarctica maybe) so that you work out your differences amicably like mature, reasonable adults.

blackrook said:

Your God can go fuck himself then. If my primary purpose in his eyes is to grovel to him and sing song after song about him then I have no interest in worshiping him. Even if he appeared before me this very moment I'd tell him to go fuck himself.

"The vast majority of people on Earth are headed straight for eternity in Hell. Billions of people will end up there."

Superstitious rubbish.

The vast majority of Christians exhibit this sort of arrogance, fear, and hate – the intent of Christian dogma is to control through intimidation and fear, such as the idiocy above, having nothing to do with 'salvation.'

blackrook said:

Your God can go fuck himself then. If my primary purpose in his eyes is to grovel to him and sing song after song about him then I have no interest in worshiping him. Even if he appeared before me this very moment I'd tell him to go fuck himself.

It doesn't matter what you want. You will have to obey Him and kneel before Him.
Besides that, you can't say anything in Hell. Maybe other than screams of intense pain, anger, sorrow, and despair, for eternity.

Last edited:

blackrook said:

It doesn't matter what you want. You will have to obey Him and kneel before Him.
Besides that, you can't say anything in Hell. Maybe other than screams of intense pain, anger, sorrow, and despair for eternity.

And yet when questioned as to why God allows terrible things to happen you would say that it is because he gives us free will. When you types realize how circular and ridiculous your statements are.

Besides that, you can't say anything in Hell. Maybe other than screams of intense pain, anger, sorrow, and despair for eternity.

And yet when questioned as to why God allows terrible things to happen you would say that it is because he gives us free will. When you types realize how circular and ridiculous your statements are.

I didn't. Maybe others?

Humans have the appearance of free will.

I didn't. Maybe others?

So you don't think that we actually have free will?

1) Defining atheism
In the golden age of atheism (late 1800's) atheism was generally held to be "the doctrine or belief that there is no God". Today some atheists prefer to define atheism as merely "lack of belief in God". While I appreciate the intellectual retreat the new definition represents, this new definition is illogical. According to the 2nd definition those who know or think there is a God are atheists, which is absurd.

2) Burden of proof
Atheists often say theists must shoulder the burden of proof since theists claim there is a God. However, atheists are also making a claim: theism is an ill-considered position. So atheists should also bear the burden of proof.

3) Radical skepticism
Some atheists are radical skeptics, but radical skepticism is self-defeating. As Wittgenstein said: “If you tried to doubt everything you would not get as far as doubting anything. The game of doubting itself presupposes certainty.”

4) Hard materialism
Can atheists prove only the material world exists?

5) Atheism and tolerance
According to one estimate over 25 million Christians died from secular antireligious violence in the 20th century.
Psychology Religion and Spirituality - James M. Nelson - Google Books

6) Atheism and happiness
BBC NEWS Health Religion linked to happy life

7) Atheists' recurring intellectual cowardice and laziness
Atheists seem eager to ridicule the least educated while avoiding the most educated Christians.
Atheists The Origin of the Species by Nick Spencer reviewed.

"
2) Burden of proof
Atheists often say theists must shoulder the burden of proof since theists claim there is a God. However, atheists are also making a claim: theism is an ill-considered position. So atheists should also bear the burden of proof."

The words of a complete idiot. ^^^^

The OP is an embarrassment to stupid people.

I didn't. Maybe others?

What is actual free will?

How about you define it.

I know that we freely choose to do what we most want to do, changes from moment to moment.

Last edited:

I didn't. Maybe others?

We choose freely what we want to do most from moment to moment.

I'm really just trying to get an idea of what you think free will is and if you even think we have it. Do you think that people have predetermined destinies?

I didn't. Maybe others?

I'm really just trying to get an idea of what you think free will is and if you even think we have it. Do you think that people have predetermined destinies?

We have the appearance of free will, as I defined above. We do not know what the future is so to us we are freely choosing.

God is sovereign. Yes our lives are predestined by God for His purpose of election to be accomplished.

God is sovereign means that He is in complete control of the Universe. Providence is God's plan being carried out.

Does this mean God cause evil to happen?

No. Evil is from sin which are done with free will. God allows it to happen.

Hehe not my problem if you believe. I am just a servant.
Likely the same drivel given by Christians during the Inquisition, Salem Witch Trials and other atrocities to justify their mental illness.

"The vast majority of people on Earth are headed straight for eternity in Hell. Billions of people will end up there."

Superstitious rubbish.

The vast majority of Christians exhibit this sort of arrogance, fear, and hate – the intent of Christian dogma is to control through intimidation and fear, such as the idiocy above, having nothing to do with 'salvation.'

I'm guessing that with billions of people there, that this is going to translate to some pretty high rents. I'm wondering if it is going to be more expensive than living in San Francisco....

Actually atheism falls into three categories:
Why agnostic atheism? Why not just say agnostic? Anti-religious types engage in a headlong retreat from real atheism, yet they cling to the cheap thrill of calling themselves atheists. lol
so it is rare to find a Strong Atheist, who would actually meet the 'doctrine or belief there is no god' part.
Evidence? A large number of the world's atheists live in China and they've for the most part been terrorized into atheism by Communists who are materialists and believe there is no God.
Atheists are not arguing that a god exists, but arguing that there is no proof as we know it for the existence of a god.
Can you make the statement: Theists are wrong? Yes or no?
They don't need to prove or disprove it, as the existence or qualities of the universe is not in question.
Are you a materialist? Are you saying some atheists believe in spiritual beings like genies or ghosts?!
Yet, that isn't correct. Atheism alone has never been a sole cause of violence,
I'm afraid this is a very ignorant remark. Why do you feel the League of Militant Atheists wasn't motivated by atheism?!
he would realize it depends on whether those involved are authoritarian or believe in individualism.
Ayn Rand was no prize either.

How Ayn Rand Became an American Icon
The perverse allure of a damaged woman.

Atheism poisons everything - including individualism.

By the logic of the source, if a belief or value can be used by those with malicious purposes, it is the fault of the belief or value system and not those that use it.
Don't you see it's the deficiencies of the atheist mindset that enables malefactors?

For atheists humans are just sacks of chemicals, the random product of an indifferent universe. If this is all we are why do we possess dignity or merit rights? This degraded view of mankind is useful to tyrants & plutocrats alike.

Depends on the geopolitical location, and the education level of those surveyed.
Timid minds allow themselves to be indoctrinated into atheism by the educational establishment. Our elites love atheism. Atheism allows them to feel superior to the vast majority of the world's (mostly religious) population. If the majority of the world's population can be condemned as superstitious barbarians they can be dictated to and even killed with an easy conscience.

The Dangerous Atheism of Christopher Hitchens and Sam Harris

If hipeter you are saying you are uncertain about religious truths and a spiritual realm may exist and you can't find fault with theists and all theists shouldn't be blamed for the misdeeds of some theists then you should part company with the atheist fundamentalists that infest certain dark corners of the internet. It seems like these adolescent boy atheists, in an effort to get back at their religious mothers who told them to clean their room, seek out atheist madrasahs where they are schooled in fanaticism.

Last edited:

I didn't. Maybe others?

We have the appearance of free will, as I defined above. We do not know what the future is so to us we are freely choosing.

God is sovereign. Yes our lives are predestined by God for His purpose of election to be accomplished.

So do you believe whether you go to Heaven or Hell is predetermined by God?

Hehe not my problem if you believe. I am just a servant.
Likely the same drivel given by Christians during the Inquisition, Salem Witch Trials and other atrocities to justify their mental illness.

And we feel really bad about the fact that those twelve people were killed, hundreds and hundreds of years ago. We feel bad that politicians and atheists claimed they were doing the *Christian* thing when they were killing people.But it's time to let it go.

Forum List

Back