Zone1 Fascination with the Devil and Hell

So you're cherry picking.
No, I am rolling on the floor laughing. Any proof-texting (that's "cherry picking" to you) is being done by the person who picks a single passage while ignoring all others that pertain to the same issue.

No, I am rolling on the floor laughing. Any proof-texting (that's "cherry picking" to you) is being done by the person who picks a single passage while ignoring all others that pertain to the same issue.

The prohibition is clear. You shall not make any graven images but you want to ignore that one

And just because I quoted only one does not mean that is the only one that exists. You know that but you seem to be hell bent on justifying the use on graven images in worship.

Since you have faith God commanded this of you, clear your home of art and photographs and live in peace.

You forget I don't worship any gods. But you do and you refuse to follow the prohibitions the god you worship put forth for you.

You forget I don't worship any gods. But you do and you refuse to follow the prohibitions the god you worship put forth for you.
I forgot nothing. You are telling me that instead of taking ALL of God's word into account, I should focus on one passage only--that Christians should focus on your word based on on a single passage instead of all scripture.

Acting the part of pretender--having read a passage several times-- you advise people who are have spent decades of scripture study as well as studying the work of scripture scholars, that it is you who have, not only the greater knowledge, you (who do not worship God) have the right to use God's Word to lash those who do not accept your judgment as higher than His.

I forgot nothing. You are telling me that instead of taking ALL of God's word into account, I should focus on one passage only--that Christians should focus on your word based on on a single passage instead of all scripture.

Acting the part of pretender--having read a passage several times-- you advise people who are have spent decades of scripture study as well as studying the work of scripture scholars, that it is you who have, not only the greater knowledge, you (who do not worship God) have the right to use God's Word to lash those who do not accept your judgment as higher than His.

The prohibition doesn't change no matter how many words you add to it.,

And I actually didn't just make this shit up. There are bible scholars that say it. But I bet you only believe the bible scholars that agree with you.

That's called confirmation bias

I bet you only believe the bible scholars that agree with you.
Silly boy. Second time I've burst out laughing at something you said in less than twenty-four hours. It appears you know as little about research and primary sources as you do of God or scripture. Any way, have the last word it you would like. I'm moving on.

Silly boy. Second time I've burst out laughing at something you said in less than twenty-four hours. It appears you know as little about research and primary sources as you do of God or scripture. Any way, have the last word it you would like. I'm moving on.
But you accuse me of cherry picking for my opinions

Or imply that I only found a single source that supports my stance.

It's a contradiction you want to ignore.

Either the making of graven images is prohibited or it isn't

And it seems to me that it is but then again I don't have an attachment to religious images used in worship

I think humans need to be fascinated with hell

and Satan...

Satan rules the world, more or less...

and then there's this: Hell is forever

Forum List

Back