Missouri Republicans are trying to ban food stamp recipients from buying steak and seafood

If you people think we can keep paying to support almost 50% of the people in this country and our families at the same...think again. THEY AREN'T THE only struggling these day

Well, then perhaps the Republicans should get out of their swimming pools and create jobs to get people back to work and off welfare. If you people can't be bothered to do that, then you have no one but yourselves to blame. That said, do you have any statistics that show that 50% of the American people are on welfare? No? Right. You made it up.

The right doesn't create jobs. "Trickle down" doesn't create jobs.

Actually, it is. You are a citizen of the United States. That comes with certain rights, but it also comes with responsibilities. One of those responsibilities is paying taxes.
Do the 47% that pay no federal have rights too?
There is no 47% that pay no federal tax. You are using the 47% Romney suggested are collecting federal checks of one sort of another.

This is in MISSOURI so unless you live there it's no skin off anyone

protest if your states decides to curb how taxpayers HANDOUTS are given

Have you forgotten that you have said you get food stamps and government cheese? Do you remember when you wrote that you did not understand your Medicaid?

Are you now going to change your story?

If this was about spending tax money, the subject would be corporate welfare. Or how about farewell ranchers? Both involve many more millions than food stamp fraud among the very poor.
"Farewell ranchers"? Sounds like a mix of Brokeback Mountain and the Goodbye Girl.

Corporations and most ranchers, even the farewell type I imagine, pay taxes. It is the parasites we're discussing, not dingbat talking points.

This program used to be ONLY for women with children...and it used to have a limit on HOW many children they could collect on. Now homeless men can collect, women with 15 children can collect 1000's of dollars. it's a freaking free for all and probably half are able bodied who could be out working a job

we've been hosed and then you have people beating you over the head because you want to PUT A CURB on what they buy with your money

that is why we are so screwed

If this was about spending tax money, the subject would be corporate welfare. Or how about farewell ranchers? Both involve many more millions than food stamp fraud among the very poor.
"Farewell ranchers"? Sounds like a mix of Brokeback Mountain and the Goodbye Girl.

Corporations and most ranchers, even the farewell type I imagine, pay taxes. It is the parasites we're discussing, not dingbat talking points.
The majority of food assistance program recipients are children and senior citizens. Are those the parasites you are talking about?

Actually, it is. You are a citizen of the United States. That comes with certain rights, but it also comes with responsibilities. One of those responsibilities is paying taxes.
There is no 47% that pay no federal tax. You are using the 47% Romney suggested are collecting federal checks of one sort of another.
Apparently it's down to 43% now. Anyway, you're nitpicking and simultaneously being a dingbat.

"That "47 percent" quote that helped sink Mitt Romney's presidential hopes? Better make that 43 percent now.

The share of households who aren't paying any federal income tax has fallen, and a new analysis from the Tax Policy Center predicts that it will continue to shrink in years to come."

Now it s the 43 percent Fewer paying no income tax

Well, then perhaps the Republicans should get out of their swimming pools and create jobs to get people back to work and off welfare. If you people can't be bothered to do that, then you have no one but yourselves to blame. That said, do you have any statistics that show that 50% of the American people are on welfare? No? Right. You made it up.

Once again, sending in someone else to do the work. It's the 'progressive' way!

The majority of food assistance program recipients are children and senior citizens. Are those the parasites you are talking about?
Their mommas, and yours.

Last edited:
This program used to be ONLY for women with children...and it used to have a limit on HOW many children they could collect on. Now homeless men can collect, women with 15 children can collect 1000's of dollars. it's a freaking free for all and probably half are able bodied who could be out working a job

we've been hosed and then you have people beating you over the head because you want to PUT A CURB on what they buy with your money

that is why we are so screwed
None of your post can be backed up. It is just blatant lying to make some point you otherwise can not make. Seems to be a pattern with you.

Who knew when you when were born in this country you had to work to take care of YOUR family and everyone else's too

but don;t you DARE suggest any changes on it because you might have to cut in trying times doesn't mean they should by frikken golly

sick and disgusting

Their mommas, and yours.
Must have pushed one of your buttons to make you insult my deceased mother.

Apparently it's down to 43% now. Anyway, you're nitpicking and simultaneously being a dingbat.

"That "47 percent" quote that helped sink Mitt Romney's presidential hopes? Better make that 43 percent now.

The share of households who aren't paying any federal income tax has fallen, and a new analysis from the Tax Policy Center predicts that it will continue to shrink in years to come."

Now it s the 43 percent Fewer paying no income tax
Hey shit head, income tax is not the only tax collected by the fed's.

Hey shit head, income tax is not the only tax collected by the fed's.
Sure, the government can borrow and raid social security assets.
Is this where you attempt to back peddle rather than be man enough to admit your mistake? OK, be the good little punk you are and find an excuse for other taxes people pay. Start with the fuel tax.

The main recipients of food stamps are children, elderly, veterans, disabled and of course, that most hated of all Americans, single mothers whose children's fathers have run out on them. Its very important to the right to punish people for being poor and to do anything and everything to keep them that way.

Whaddaya wanna bet Brattin calls himself a "christian".

BTW, his demonic bill is all for show. Or, just as likely, the idiot has no idea how the system works. Thanks to gerrymandering hewill feed at the public trough for the rest of his working life and have plenty of time to do a lot more damage.

Brattin admits that the language might need some tweaking. “My intention wasn’t to get rid of canned tuna and fish sticks,” he said. But he also insists that people are abusing the system by purchasing luxury foods, and believes that that must be stopped, even if it ends up requiring the inclusion of other less luxurious items.

“I have seen people purchasing filet mignons and crab legs with their EBT cards,” he said. “When I can’t afford it on my pay, I don’t want people on the taxpayer’s dime to afford those kinds of foods either.”

Of course, Brattin is not only a first class asshole, he’s also full of shit. Missouri legislators are paid $35,915 per year plus a $104 a day per diem for miscellaneous costs such as food. Seeing as how a steak can be purchased for under $20.00 at Walmart, it’s pretty safe to assume Brattin can afford to buy prime cuts of beef from time to time. Filet mignon is even cheaper. Brattin can easily purchase filet mignon, a package of two in fact, at a Missouri Walmart for under $9.00.

Brattin makes more than twice the annual earnings of a family who is eligible to receive food assistance, and he probably makes a mint during tax refund season considering he has five kids. And you can bet he isn’t allowing his children to live on fish sticks and tuna. And apparently, Brattin doesn’t understand that his own pay is courtesy of the very taxpayers that he has been attacking relentlessly with stupid bills.

In addition, SNAP rules allow recipients to purchase steak and seafood because they are food items and it would be costly and burdensome to restrict these items. Brattin’s bill also has no teeth because only Congress can change SNAP rules.

"The main recipients of food stamps are children, elderly, veterans, disabled and of course, that most hated of all Americans, single mothers whose children's fathers have run out on them. Its very important to the right to punish people for being poor and to do anything and everything to keep them that way."

Since I didn't pick the person the single mother spread her legs for, it means it's not my responsibility to be forced to fund the results of her choice. It's interesting that you hold those of us not creating that child more responsible for feeding it than you do the sperm donor that did.

I didn't cause them to be poor but you seem to think that taking money from me and others like me will somehow alleviate poverty. We tried that shit for 50 years now and it didn't work. You don't have a problem if the government takes money from me that can go to MY kid in order it go to ones I didn't create. Why should mine do with less so someone else's can have more?

"... the single mother spread her legs ..."

There it is again. That disgusting belief that its the woman's fault. Without knowing anything of the circumstances, she is always to blame for being a single mother.

"It's interesting that you hold those of us not creating that child more responsible for feeding it than you do the sperm donor that did. "

Thank you for that. Its a lie but at least you acknowledge that it takes two to make a baby.

RWs would be against this same woman aborting that fetus but once its a baby, they want to let it and the mother starve.

"Why should mine do with less so someone else's can have more?"

If your kid is doing with less, get off your butt and get a better job or a second job.

That's what you RWs say about people on food stamps so why isn't it true for you too?

The main recipients of food stamps are children, elderly, veterans, disabled and of course, that most hated of all Americans, single mothers whose children's fathers have run out on them. Its very important to the right to punish people for being poor and to do anything and everything to keep them that way.

BTW, his demonic bill is all for show. Or, just as likely, the idiot has no idea how the system works. Thanks to gerrymandering hewill feed at the public trough for the rest of his working life and have plenty of time to do a lot more damage.

Brattin admits that the language might need some tweaking. “My intention wasn’t to get rid of canned tuna and fish sticks,” he said. But he also insists that people are abusing the system by purchasing luxury foods, and believes that that must be stopped, even if it ends up requiring the inclusion of other less luxurious items.

“I have seen people purchasing filet mignons and crab legs with their EBT cards,” he said. “When I can’t afford it on my pay, I don’t want people on the taxpayer’s dime to afford those kinds of foods either.”

Of course, Brattin is not only a first class asshole, he’s also full of shit. Missouri legislators are paid $35,915 per year plus a $104 a day per diem for miscellaneous costs such as food. Seeing as how a steak can be purchased for under $20.00 at Walmart, it’s pretty safe to assume Brattin can afford to buy prime cuts of beef from time to time. Filet mignon is even cheaper. Brattin can easily purchase filet mignon, a package of two in fact, at a Missouri Walmart for under $9.00.

Brattin makes more than twice the annual earnings of a family who is eligible to receive food assistance, and he probably makes a mint during tax refund season considering he has five kids. And you can bet he isn’t allowing his children to live on fish sticks and tuna. And apparently, Brattin doesn’t understand that his own pay is courtesy of the very taxpayers that he has been attacking relentlessly with stupid bills.

In addition, SNAP rules allow recipients to purchase steak and seafood because they are food items and it would be costly and burdensome to restrict these items. Brattin’s bill also has no teeth because only Congress can change SNAP rules.
I've worked in a supermarket for 34 years.
I see firsthand what this person is speaking about.
The system could easily be implemented like WIC which will alert the recipient of items NOT permitted.
Quite often an order is full of overly processed unhealthy fattening foods that have no nutritional value.
Candy and soda pop are not necessities nor are salty snacks and chips.
The poor are disproportionately more likely to be overweight and be less healthy than people who have higher incones.
You'd think the federal government would have a vested interest in providing aid for healthy options.

As an aside, it is not unusual to have a customer pull out a $100 bill to pay for taxable items in their order or an American Express card among the wallet full of credit cards.

We need to cut money we spend on food stamps because giving people food (stamps) rather than letting them provide it for themselves makes them dependent on government. Food stamps are meant to be used as a leg up, not a leg to stand on. Generational/long term use is the problem. Limit the funds, limit the time spent on it, get people back on their feet depending on themselves asap.

I know....we need to make poor people suffer
It is the only way we can get them to stop wanting to be poor

Can you point to a single example where poor people have done better by cutting their aid?

Only a leftist would see getting people back on their feet and providing for themselves as 'making them suffer'!

:rolleyes:

You are advocating removing food from their mouths

You have yet to provide a single case where cutting aid to poor people has helped them to do better. Red States slash aid to the poor all the time. Show me where the poor in those states do better than the poor in blue states

"The main recipients of food stamps are children, elderly, veterans, disabled and of course, that most hated of all Americans, single mothers whose children's fathers have run out on them. Its very important to the right to punish people for being poor and to do anything and everything to keep them that way."

Since I didn't pick the person the single mother spread her legs for, it means it's not my responsibility to be forced to fund the results of her choice. It's interesting that you hold those of us not creating that child more responsible for feeding it than you do the sperm donor that did.

I didn't cause them to be poor but you seem to think that taking money from me and others like me will somehow alleviate poverty. We tried that shit for 50 years now and it didn't work. You don't have a problem if the government takes money from me that can go to MY kid in order it go to ones I didn't create. Why should mine do with less so someone else's can have more?

"... the single mother spread her legs ..."

There it is again. That disgusting belief that its the woman's fault. Without knowing anything of the circumstances, she is always to blame for being a single mother.

"It's interesting that you hold those of us not creating that child more responsible for feeding it than you do the sperm donor that did. "

Thank you for that. Its a lie but at least you acknowledge that it takes two to make a baby.

RWs would be against this same woman aborting that fetus but once its a baby, they want to let it and the mother starve.

"Why should mine do with less so someone else's can have more?"

If your kid is doing with less, get off your butt and get a better job or a second job.

That's what you RWs say about people on food stamps so why isn't it true for you too?

Can you support your claim that the end result (single motherhood) is the man's fault and not the woman's? Generally speaking, of course.

Forum List

Back