Missouri Republicans are trying to ban food stamp recipients from buying steak and seafood

l
Yes of course the cons know and have seen personally the millions of food stamp recipients ALL buying lobster and filet minion every single trip to the grocer....

You are such hypocrites.....

Get mommy government out of our "business" bull CRAP....Michelle is forcing my kids to eat lower calorie foods at school, bull CRAP you mutter

WHILE you sit back AND PROMOTE and support this kind of gvt Nanny bull shit.....

Carry on...be your USUAL two faced selves and continue with your shallow, thoughtless bitching.

And continue to support your Nanny gvt making all decisions for every one because none of us could possibly think or make decisions for ourselves..... yep, good ole Cons luv their Nanny govt!!!! :rolleyes:

Well said

From the party that wants to get Big Government out of our lives

Is that a TWINKIE you are buying that child?

Twinkies are crap and a contributing factor to the obesity epidemic. Why do you want food stamp recipients to be obese?

You sound just like Michelle Obama

Last edited:
Yes of course the cons know and have seen personally the millions of food stamp recipients ALL buying lobster and filet minion every single trip to the grocer....

Get mommy government out of our "business" bull CRAP....Michelle is forcing my kids to eat lower calorie foods at school, bull CRAP you mutter

WHILE you sit back AND PROMOTE and support this kind of gvt Nanny bull shit.....

Carry on...be your USUAL two faced selves and continue with your shallow, thoughtless bitching.

And continue to support your Nanny gvt making all decisions for every one because none of us could possibly think or make decisions for ourselves..... yep, good ole Cons luv their Nanny govt!!!! :rolleyes:

Well said

Twinkies are crap and a contributing factor to the obesity epidemic. Why do you want food stamp recipients to be obese?

You sound just like Michele Obama

Michele Obama is a law maker? News to me.

You didn't answer my question.

Well said

Michele Obama does not make our lunch laws?
You need to inform your right wing media

Fact is, I don't care what they buy with their $200 in Food Stamps

If they want to blow it all on Filet Mignon and caviar and top it off with a Twinkie for desert, that is their choice

I really don't care if they starve for the rest of the month because of it. But I think the luxury buying food stamp user is a rightwing myth designed to convince people we need to cut the money we spend on food stamps...."because they just waste it anyway"

I would suggest that the average food stamp users knows how to maximize that $200 to feed her family and that they do not waste it

Well said

If they want to blow it all on Filet Mignon and caviar and top it off with a Twinkie for desert, that is their choice

I really don't care if they starve for the rest of the month because of it. But I think the luxury buying food stamp user is a rightwing myth designed to convince people we need to cut the money we spend on food stamps...."because they just waste it anyway"

I would suggest that the average food stamp users knows how to maximize that $200 to feed her family and that they do not waste it

We need to cut money we spend on food stamps because giving people food (stamps) rather than letting them provide it for themselves makes them dependent on government. Food stamps are meant to be used as a leg up, not a leg to stand on. Generational/long term use is the problem. Limit the funds, limit the time spent on it, get people back on their feet depending on themselves asap.

I would suggest the obvious. If, as rightwinger says, anyone wants to blow $200 on caviar and such, then they are clearly too well off to be on the government dole. I don't think we should be subsidizing pimps, prostitutes and drug dealers who are not well known for reporting their income.

That story fit a longtime conservative suspicion that poor people use food stamps to purchase luxury items. Now, a Republican state lawmaker in Missouri is pushing for legislation that would stop people like Greenslate and severely limit what food stamp recipients can buy. The bill being proposed would ban the purchase with food stamps of "cookies, chips, energy drinks, soft drinks, seafood or steak."
Missouri Republicans are trying to ban food stamp recipients from buying steak and seafood - The Washington Post
Banning food stamps for thugs who spend it on luxury items, or they're trying to destroy welfare system?
I think that the only way to stop these people to spend our tax money on unnecessary items - is to create list of goods they can buy! And what do you think guys?

Good. If you're using my (tax) money to buy your food then you betcha I get to have a say in what you purchase with it. Don't like it? The
Another prime example of progressives inability to connect the dots.

Steak and lobster purchases? No food stamps for those assholes!!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:
The problem will not be resolved because the food industry will not allow it. The the lobster and steak problem is not one created by liberals. It is in fact a problem created by the commercial interest that profit off of selling lobster and steak to the poor. The lobster and steak industries along with the garbage food industries like sugary cereals, chips, cookies and snacks prevent food guidelines from being accepted and implemented. Most of people we call liberals or progressives would be happy to implement rules that required recipients to purchase healthier foods.

Well said

We need to cut money we spend on food stamps because giving people food (stamps) rather than letting them provide it for themselves makes them dependent on government. Food stamps are meant to be used as a leg up, not a leg to stand on. Generational/long term use is the problem. Limit the funds, limit the time spent on it, get people back on their feet depending on themselves asap.

I know....we need to make poor people suffer
It is the only way we can get them to stop wanting to be poor

Can you point to a single example where poor people have done better by cutting their aid?

You can buy steaks on sale or buy a cheaper cut.

You can't buy them cheaper than basic 73% - 27% ground beef.

But then, ground beef is about as bad for you as anything else you can stick in your mouth. Even cheaper cuts of beef are better.

Doesn't mean someone having their food supplied should be buying more expensive steak. When you demand someone else buy your food, be prepared to have those you force to fund it have a say in what you buy. Don't like the conditions, don't ask for the money.

Well, that certainly is a charitable way to look at it. Or not. Do you think that the vast majority of people on welfare want to be on welfare? Because my experience tells me that they'd rather be doing just about anything else but asking for help. So when you say "those you forced to fund", I have to point out the rather selfish attitude that portrays. My experience also tells me that the poor are having a hard enough time without having to deal with draconian measures and people who consider them to be, if not second class citizens, then not worth the bother. If someone on welfare wants to buy themselves or their child a steak from time to time, who are we to tell them they cannot? Would you prefer that they instead spend that money on much less healthy food, because when you look at the relatively tiny amount of aid they receive, the food they can afford to buy with it is usually very unhealthy, and that unhealthy food is almost always what they end up purchasing..

Being that welfare for a sizable portion is multi-generational, it's easy to see how the answer to that question could be yes.

Can you cite a statistic from a reputable source that backs up that claim, or are you just making stuff up?

It's not selfish to want to keep money you've earned.

Actually, it is. You are a citizen of the United States. That comes with certain rights, but it also comes with responsibilities. One of those responsibilities is paying taxes.

This is all part of the misdirection of Conservatives

Pay no attention to the one percent using the tax code as their personal piggy bank. Mitt Romney pays a lower tax rate than you because he deserves it

Your problem is that mother on food stamps who is buying MEAT for her children. She is the one who is abusing the system

I know....we need to make poor people suffer
It is the only way we can get them to stop wanting to be poor

Can you point to a single example where poor people have done better by cutting their aid?

Only a leftist would see getting people back on their feet and providing for themselves as 'making them suffer'!

:rolleyes:

what? sheeesh. You don't mind them eating better than you do off YOUR tax dollars while not have to work or look for a job. fine

This is in MISSOURI so unless you live there it's no skin off anyone

protest if your states decides to curb how taxpayers HANDOUTS are given

If you people think we can keep paying to support almost 50% of the people in this country and our families at the same...think again. THEY AREN'T THE only struggling these day

If you people think we can keep paying to support almost 50% of the people in this country and our families at the same...think again. THEY AREN'T THE only struggling these day

Well, then perhaps the Republicans should get out of their swimming pools and create jobs to get people back to work and off welfare. If you people can't be bothered to do that, then you have no one but yourselves to blame. That said, do you have any statistics that show that 50% of the American people are on welfare? No? Right. You made it up.

"Missouri Republicans are trying to ban food stamp recipients from buying steak and seafood"

Missouri republicans have their priorities all wrong, like most republicans elsewhere.
The spending of taxpayer money shouldn't be a priority?! Seriously?

If this was about spending tax money, the subject would be corporate welfare. Or how about welfarel ranchers? Both involve many more millions than food stamp fraud among the very poor.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back