Millions out of work - a crumbling infrastructure - I have an idea!

The accident rate for aging trains is terrible. High speed trains run at a fraction of the energy cost of current trains. And can compete with planes. Not to mention, the job opportunities once it's built. You could work 100 miles away from where you live and that wouldn't be a bad commute at all. Companies would love the sudden talent available. Did I mention airport congestion?

I don't answer many of your posts because you don't think things through.

High speed trains violate the laws of physics? How?

Strange, Obama never once argued that commute times are a great reason to trains. Given that it is 384 miles from Sacramento to LA, and that there will be 26 stops along the way, exactly how long will the commute actually be?

Not everyone lives at the extreme ends of the train line.

Physics? What the fuck?

See what I mean about your posts?

Physics, specifically the law of conservation of momentum. It takes energy to accelerate a mass to a speed, and more energy to slow it down once you do. The higher the speed, the more energy it takes. This is why freight trains are not used for short hauls, it takes too much energy to start and stop the train to make it economical.

Maybe the problem here is not me, maybe it is the fact that you aren't actually an engineer, or you would already know this.

You have no data to back up your claims. What do you think trains run on?

A whole hell of a lot less fuel than the hundreds of thousands of cars they could replace.

And THAT is why the pubpots are against it.

Cars? You said trucks earlier.

Ok, so your solution is just fiction. That's the problem with most of these left wing ideas, they aren't workable.

The actual answer is that truck shipping uses 3x more fuel than trains. Given the limitation of trains and the lack of additional capacity, shifting ALL good transport to trains would not remove middle eastern oil dependency.

You're just making shit up.

90tu842gzq.jpg

Two minorities not represented in the Republican Party, which is 90% white.

Don't forget 6% scientists

Link?

Oh wait, I have one:

528-54.gif

Section 4: Scientists, Politics and Religion | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

You would think that would hurt, but like Rick Santorum said, "Republicans have no smart people". Finally, something we can ALL agree with.

Is that 6% of ALL scientists?

Strange, Obama never once argued that commute times are a great reason to trains. Given that it is 384 miles from Sacramento to LA, and that there will be 26 stops along the way, exactly how long will the commute actually be?

Physics? What the fuck?

Physics, specifically the law of conservation of momentum. It takes energy to accelerate a mass to a speed, and more energy to slow it down once you do. The higher the speed, the more energy it takes. This is why freight trains are not used for short hauls, it takes too much energy to start and stop the train to make it economical.

Maybe the problem here is not me, maybe it is the fact that you aren't actually an engineer, or you would already know this.
Derp's an engineer...of Womyn's Studies.

And why don't trains travel at 200 mph now? The land speed record is over 700 mph. Why don't cars travel at 300 mph?

See how stupid your reasoning is. High speed trains travel on tracks welded together because of impact bumps.

The government doesn't want cars that travel that fast, why do you think cars don't go that fast?

The government isn't some fucking secret entity made up of little men in trench-coats in back rooms. Our government gets voted into office. We can vote them out.

Another dumb post. You seriously need to read your posts before posting.

I see the problem here, you have never heard about speed limits, I suggest you Google them. You can look up the laws of physics while you are at it.

The accident rate for aging trains is terrible. High speed trains run at a fraction of the energy cost of current trains. And can compete with planes. Not to mention, the job opportunities once it's built. You could work 100 miles away from where you live and that wouldn't be a bad commute at all. Companies would love the sudden talent available. Did I mention airport congestion?

I don't answer many of your posts because you don't think things through.

Hmm. no links again, just dogma. How like a con tool.

You think the laws of physics are dogma? Want to explain that one to me?

You expressed no laws of physics. that would be science. You are a con. Cons don't understand or for that matter care about science. Which is why you are confused.

You expressed no laws of physics. that would be science. You are a con. Cons don't understand or for that matter care about science. Which is why you are confused.

Rdean claimed that high speed trains are inherently more efficient than low speed trains, I relpied that that would violate the laws of physics, and you called that dogma. Now you are saying that the laws of physics are not science.

You are loosing your already tenuous grip on reality.

Physics? What the fuck?

Why do you think high speed rails are welded and ground smooth?

Why are new trains made from composites?

People aren't "freight". Not in the sense of "steel beams".

And now, about Maglev L0 Trains using superconductive magnets. They are already being built.

Magnificent Machines: Maglev L0 Trains | Totaljobs

Last week, the Central Japan Railway Company unveiled the new ML L0 train last week. Built by Mitsubishi, it pulls between 5 and 12 single deck carriages, carrying 68 passengers in each. The sleek machine can hit 313 mph in tests

But wait! Scientists at the Southwest Jiaotong University in China are developing low pressure underground tubes lines that will double Maglev’s speed to almost 600 mph. And the Chinese already have form, running a high-speed Maglev route, linking Shanghai to the local airport 19 miles away - in just seven minutes. Suddenly Heathrow Express doesn’t seem very fast at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------

You never bother to "find things out". You want so bad to have a "gotcha moment", you make yourself look stupid.

Rdean claimed that high speed trains are inherently more efficient than low speed trains, I relpied that that would violate the laws of physics, and you called that dogma. Now you are saying that the laws of physics are not science.

Still taking stupid. Refer to previous post pinhead.

Physics? What the fuck?

And now, about Maglev L0 Trains using superconductive magnets. They are already being built.

Last week, the Central Japan Railway Company unveiled the new ML L0 train last week. Built by Mitsubishi, it pulls between 5 and 12 single deck carriages, carrying 68 passengers in each. The sleek machine can hit 313 mph in tests

But wait! Scientists at the Southwest Jiaotong University in China are developing low pressure underground tubes lines that will double Maglev’s speed to almost 600 mph. And the Chinese already have form, running a high-speed Maglev route, linking Shanghai to the local airport 19 miles away - in just seven minutes. Suddenly Heathrow Express doesn’t seem very fast at all.

You never bother to "find things out". You want so bad to have a "gotcha moment", you make yourself look stupid.
Yeah. Which of those are they building in California?

We can hired unemployed people to make bridges out of seashells! OMFG! Think of the Stimulus!! It will take millions of years to do one section!!!

Physics? What the fuck?

I never bother to find things out?

Let me ask you something, what happens to a steel rail that is 100 miles long when it gets hot? Can you imagine the results of actually welding tracks together and the running a train across them at high speeds? Want to tell me again how you have an engineering degree and ignore joint expansion?

By the way, maglev trains are wonderful, and have a lot less friction, but it still requires energy to start and stop the train.

Last edited:

Still taking stupid. Refer to previous post pinhead.

The one where you thought that they can build a rail line without expansion joints?

Don't expect an answer, he is about to realize how stupid what he posted was when he looks up expansion joints.

Don't expect an answer, he is about to realize how stupid what he posted was when he looks up expansion joints.
wow. look at windbag. He's pretending that he does not like foreign products.
So, like japan, you would like the manufacture of bullet trains subsidized by the gov.
Great. Put windbag down for that.

wow. look at windbag. He's pretending that he does not like foreign products.
So, like japan, you would like the manufacture of bullet trains subsidized by the gov.
Great. Put windbag down for that.

Expansion joints are foreign products?

The Stimulus Failed so we need more Stimulus!!
Ah. Again he said it. The stimulus failed. So, Crusader, you been out on the bat shit crazy con web sites again?? Of course you have. That's where you educate yourself.
So, any links to proof that the stimulus failed. How about we let the CBO settle it???
CBO: Stimulus continues to deliver
CBO: Stimulus continues to deliver - The Hill's On The Money

Congressional Budget Office defends stimulus
Congressional Budget Office defends stimulus - Washington Post

You must have an impartial source for your statement that the stimulus failed. Oh. Sorry. I forgot I was talking to Crusader.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back