Millions out of work - a crumbling infrastructure - I have an idea!

Why do you think high speed rails are welded and ground smooth?

Why are new trains made from composites?

People aren't "freight". Not in the sense of "steel beams".

And now, about Maglev L0 Trains using superconductive magnets. They are already being built.

Magnificent Machines: Maglev L0 Trains | Totaljobs

Last week, the Central Japan Railway Company unveiled the new ML L0 train last week. Built by Mitsubishi, it pulls between 5 and 12 single deck carriages, carrying 68 passengers in each. The sleek machine can hit 313 mph in tests

But wait! Scientists at the Southwest Jiaotong University in China are developing low pressure underground tubes lines that will double Maglev’s speed to almost 600 mph. And the Chinese already have form, running a high-speed Maglev route, linking Shanghai to the local airport 19 miles away - in just seven minutes. Suddenly Heathrow Express doesn’t seem very fast at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------

You never bother to "find things out". You want so bad to have a "gotcha moment", you make yourself look stupid.
Yeah. Which of those are they building in California?

Don't expect an answer, he is about to realize how stupid what he posted was when he looks up expansion joints.

The reason I don't answer you is because you are a fucking idiot. There is only so much time in the day and you are a waste. Know nothing. And you sit in front of the Internet. You could have simply done a search on "welded rails" instead of looking like a stupid fuck.

What is continuous welded rail?

The answer is that the rail is not allowed to expand or contract. It is laid at a slightly lower than mean temperature, usually at night, and carefully expanded using special heaters until marks on the rail line up accurately with marks at the trackside. They are then securely tightened down on to heavy pre-stressed concrete sleepers which in their turn are held by tons per yard (or tonnes per metre) of ballast. Although there can be considerable internal stresses present within the rail it doesn't affect the geometry of the track.

Yeah. Which of those are they building in California?

Don't expect an answer, he is about to realize how stupid what he posted was when he looks up expansion joints.

The reason I don't answer you is because you are a fucking idiot. There is only so much time in the day and you are a waste. Know nothing. And you sit in front of the Internet. You could have simply done a search on "welded rails" instead of looking like a stupid fuck.

What is continuous welded rail?

The answer is that the rail is not allowed to expand or contract. It is laid at a slightly lower than mean temperature, usually at night, and carefully expanded using special heaters until marks on the rail line up accurately with marks at the trackside. They are then securely tightened down on to heavy pre-stressed concrete sleepers which in their turn are held by tons per yard (or tonnes per metre) of ballast. Although there can be considerable internal stresses present within the rail it doesn't affect the geometry of the track.

You know you are talking about a technology that is as old as I am, and that it doesn't work in climates that have extreme temperature differences from day to night, don't you?

wow. look at windbag. He's pretending that he does not like foreign products.
So, like japan, you would like the manufacture of bullet trains subsidized by the gov.
Great. Put windbag down for that.

Expansion joints are foreign products?
You back to the expansion joints again. You lost that battle. Remember, the rails could not be built without expansion joints, according to you. Now, you have been educated. And no, not expansion joints, my poor ignorant con tool, but the trains themselves. You mentioned having to use trains not built in California. Get a grip.

wow. look at windbag. He's pretending that he does not like foreign products.
So, like japan, you would like the manufacture of bullet trains subsidized by the gov.
Great. Put windbag down for that.

You back to the expansion joints again. You lost that battle. Remember, the rails could not be built without expansion joints, according to you. Now, you have been educated. And no, not expansion joints, my poor ignorant con tool, but the trains themselves. You mentioned having to use trains not built in California. Get a grip.

I suggest you go back and read my post where I asked rdean about what would happen if they built a track of 100 miles without an expansion joint. I already knew about CWR, and how it needs fewer joints, but more maintenance.

Last edited:
Republicans have spent trillions on Iraq and Afghanistan. During the presidential debate, Romney said we should invest in economies and schools and infrastructure overseas.

What will it take to get conservatives to want to invest in this country?
The Election is over, Obama "won".

Will Obama keep his campaign promise from 2008 and bring the troops home?

Let's see $700 Billion is Stimulus didn't work. I have an idea!

More Stimulus! :uhoh3:
So, Mad. You say the stimulus did not work. The CBO says it did. Who should I believe??? A con tool like Mad, or the CBO. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Tough choice, but my money is on the CBO.
Because the economy has performed according to what Team Obama promised, right?

Yet another ignorant assertion by the Master of Bullshit Assertions.

I love it when idiots talk about crumbling infrastructure

Yes its been crumbling for 50 years and still just keeps on crumbling!!
10's of thousands a year die as our bridges collapse.

anything is a excuse for liberals to tax and spend!

Didnt we just spend like hundreds of billions on "infrastructure"? Didnt we get turtle bridges and classes for Chinese prostitutes as a result? Why would anyone think more of the same is going to be different?
The Left is delusional.

The Election is over, Obama "won".

Will Obama keep his campaign promise from 2008 and bring the troops home?

Let's see $700 Billion is Stimulus didn't work. I have an idea!

More Stimulus! :uhoh3:
So, Mad. You say the stimulus did not work. The CBO says it did. Who should I believe??? A con tool like Mad, or the CBO. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Tough choice, but my money is on the CBO.

No, rabbi, very very simple. I know it may be too dificult for you. But really really simple.
the great republican recession of 2008 lost us tens of millions of jobs. The stimulus, screwed up as it was by repubs, still saw us gain millions back. But not tens of millions.

So, are you saying the CBO is wrong, oh great con tool. Should we believe you, or the cbo? Again, my money is on the cbo, not some con tool, like you. And again, you are short of references. No links to back you up. What a surprise.

I suggest you go back and read my post where I asked rdean about what would happen if they built a track of miles without an expansion joint. I already knew about CWR, and how it needs fewer joints, but more maintenance.
Sure you did. We all know that you never lie. Unless your mouth is moving.

I love it when idiots talk about crumbling infrastructure

Yes its been crumbling for 50 years and still just keeps on crumbling!!
10's of thousands a year die as our bridges collapse.

anything is a excuse for liberals to tax and spend!

Didnt we just spend like hundreds of billions on "infrastructure"? Didnt we get turtle bridges and classes for Chinese prostitutes as a result? Why would anyone think more of the same is going to be different?
The Left is delusional.
So, lets see your solution, dipshit. All you do is post con dogma. Any solutions in that puny little mind of yours. You know, a solution that you can show has worked??

My bet is no, you have no solution that you can show has ever worked. But if you try, we will definitely vet it. Cause, you are a con tool, which is simply saying that you lie a lot.

I suggest you go back and read my post where I asked rdean about what would happen if they built a track of miles without an expansion joint. I already knew about CWR, and how it needs fewer joints, but more maintenance.

I do not type with my lips.

Physics, specifically the law of conservation of momentum. It takes energy to accelerate a mass to a speed, and more energy to slow it down once you do. The higher the speed, the more energy it takes. This is why freight trains are not used for short hauls, it takes too much energy to start and stop the train to make it economical.

Maybe the problem here is not me, maybe it is the fact that you aren't actually an engineer, or you would already know this.

And now, about Maglev L0 Trains using superconductive magnets. They are already being built.

Last week, the Central Japan Railway Company unveiled the new ML L0 train last week. Built by Mitsubishi, it pulls between 5 and 12 single deck carriages, carrying 68 passengers in each. The sleek machine can hit 313 mph in tests

But wait! Scientists at the Southwest Jiaotong University in China are developing low pressure underground tubes lines that will double Maglev’s speed to almost 600 mph. And the Chinese already have form, running a high-speed Maglev route, linking Shanghai to the local airport 19 miles away - in just seven minutes. Suddenly Heathrow Express doesn’t seem very fast at all.

You never bother to "find things out". You want so bad to have a "gotcha moment", you make yourself look stupid.

I never bother to find things out?

Let me ask you something, what happens to a steel rail that is 100 miles long when it gets hot? Can you imagine the results of actually welding tracks together and the running a train across them at high speeds? Want to tell me again how you have an engineering degree and ignore joint expansion?

By the way, maglev trains are wonderful, and have a lot less friction, but it still requires energy to start and stop the train.

You say the stimulus did not work. The CBO says it did. Who should I believe??? A con tool like Mad, or the CBO. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Tough choice, but my money is on the CBO.

of course that is just another filthy liberal lie: In the same February survey the CBO used it showed, only 46 percent of economic experts agreed that “the benefits of the stimulus will end up exceeding its costs” — including “the economic costs of raising taxes to pay for the spending.”

all do agree that a stimulus is like a suger pill, it churns the economy a lot with mal-investment bubbles that quickly burst, and then leave us worse off in the long run just like the housing bubble did.

Moreover, there is no theory to explain why a liberal stimulus could possible work!!

Last edited:

No, rabbi, very very simple. I know it may be too dificult for you. But really really simple.
the great republican recession of 2008 lost us tens of millions of jobs. The stimulus, screwed up as it was by repubs, still saw us gain millions back. But not tens of millions.

So, are you saying the CBO is wrong, oh great con tool. Should we believe you, or the cbo? Again, my money is on the cbo, not some con tool, like you. And again, you are short of references. No links to back you up. What a surprise.

The Democrats needed no GOP votes to pass the stimulus. Therefore the GOP could not have screwed anything up. The Dems did that all by themselves.
Obama got virtually everything he asked for. He assured us the UE rate would be below 7%. Instead it went to 10%. Is Obama incompetent?
Job growth has been the worst of any recovery since WW2. Since the Dums have controlled the White House and at least one house of Congress during that time, how is that the GOP's fault?

We have debunked the CBO's claims here time and again. No need to do it again.

I do not type with my lips.

I never bother to find things out?

Let me ask you something, what happens to a steel rail that is 100 miles long when it gets hot? Can you imagine the results of actually welding tracks together and the running a train across them at high speeds? Want to tell me again how you have an engineering degree and ignore joint expansion?

By the way, maglev trains are wonderful, and have a lot less friction, but it still requires energy to start and stop the train.

Because they are much too busy.

images

Maybe we can hire some unemployed people to make the infrastructure crumble faster!! OMFG!!! hen we hire the rest of the unemployed to fix the crumbled infrastructure!

I could get the Krugman Prize for Economics for that

Maybe we can hire some unemployed people to make the infrastructure crumble faster!! OMFG!!! hen we hire the rest of the unemployed to fix the crumbled infrastructure!

What, you just trying to prove you are a waste of space. Everyone has it by now. go find ed, or rabbi, or some of your other con tools. And maybe they will find humor in your drivel dipshit. And between you, if you add it all up, you may have a normal IQ.

What, you just trying to prove you are a waste of space. Everyone has it by now. go find ed, or rabbi, or some of your other con tools. And maybe they will find humor in your drivel dipshit. And between you, if you add it all up, you may have a normal IQ.

You seem fixated on IQ. Are you trying to compensate for being mentally inferior? Is this why you are pretending to have a degree in Econ and an MBA?

So Republicans are saying it's a waste of money to rebuild America?

Forum List

Back