Millions out of work - a crumbling infrastructure - I have an idea!

Discussion in 'Economy' started by rdean, Dec 8, 2012.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,878
    Republicans have spent trillions on Iraq and Afghanistan. During the presidential debate, Romney said we should invest in economies and schools and infrastructure overseas.

What will it take to get conservatives to want to invest in this country?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    I love it when idiots talk about crumbling infrastructure like it actually means something. Tell me something, do you have any idea why the Secretary of Transportation wants federal transportation funds, which should be used to maintain that infrastructure, to be diverted to a bullet train project in California? Wouldn't it make more sense to use that money to invest in the entire country than support a politically favored fat cat who wants to line his pockets?

3. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,676
    The Election is over, Obama "won".

Will Obama keep his campaign promise from 2008 and bring the troops home?

Let's see $700 Billion is Stimulus didn't work. I have an idea!

More Stimulus! :uhoh3:

4. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,676
    But, but, but the Infrastructure is crumbling! Why do you support infrastructure that crumbles? :confused:

5. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Because I LOVE crumb cake.

[​IMG]

6. Rshermr

Rshermr VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +855
    So, Mad. You say the stimulus did not work. The CBO says it did. Who should I believe??? A con tool like Mad, or the CBO. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Tough choice, but my money is on the CBO.

7. Rshermr

Rshermr VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +855
    And there goes Windbag. Who would have guessed that he would be against infrastructure spending. And who would have believed he would bring up bullett trains, like they made no sense? Or that he would accuse those in favor of "supporting a politically favored fat cat who wants to line his pockets"?

Why any of us would. And we would know that Windbag has no evidence that infrastructure spending does not stimulate the economy. And that he has no evidence that a fat cat is to be supported in building a bullet train in California. It is just Windbag, doing what windbag does. He is posting con dogma. Because that is what windbag is capable of.

8. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Being against federal spending on bullet trains that run between two small cities in central California is not the same as being opposed to infrastructure spending. If bullet trains actually made sense, it wouldn't take 3 trains and longer than it takes to fly from San Francisco to New York to take a bullet train from San Francisco to Los Angeles. We would also see private sector investment in making it happen, the same way we see private sector investment in maintaining rail lines for freight trains.

Please, I beg you, try to justify investing in 19th century technology in the 21st century and call yourself a progressive, I enjoy trashing the idiots who think trains are new.

9. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,758
    Derpy wants unskilled and untrained people building infrastructure.

Only a leftist would think that's a good idea.

But then, leftists are stupid.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Many many Dems voted for the wars, then after obtaining a super majority (not that they needed it) Obama and Dems spent Trillions on military, more than Bush year by year. If you attack Republicans over military spending and war spending then wouldn't you have to attack Democrats seeing as they spend more on it?

Obama and Dems will have spent far more on wars than Bush by the end of Obama's second term. The only reason the Iraq war ended was because of Bush, Obama tried to stay in... Dems have been in power in congress since 2006, the last 2 years of Bush's Presidency.

Republicans are for the most part progressive liberal big spenders, to pretend either party is any different when they actually have power makes you just look hyper partisan or flat out stupid. Obama used to vote against raising the debt ceiling, now he wants to have congress concede that power to a king, him… Dems ran off stopping wars and Bush’s mass spending, now they spend more than Reps. Same goes for Republicans.

Oddly, despite the OP being a flat out misguided in their one sided hate they will continue their bigotry because their hate is not really based off ignorance but in fact is purposeful. In this day in age it's just too hard to be this out of touch with reality, the OP is simply a liar and a hater, nothing more.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2