Millions Die Via Liberal Science

Link says they were endagered 20 years before ddt

I know, science. WTF is a conservative doing quoting science and WTF are liberals doing ignoring facts.

oh wait

Those facts don't hold up your long held lies, I mean beliefs.

oh wait, there is no proof of a god, so you can't have beliefs, so actually I do mean lies.

quoting an opinion piece as fact is pretty silly, imo.

How many links would you like?

I'm unaware that "Ecology" is an opinion piece.

yes, your opinion piece referred to ecology.

kudos

all i know is that when i was a kid in the 60's, you rarely saw raptors.

see them all the time now.

That would be due to the hunting ban.

Are you seeing more crows, robins, blue jays, sparrow, etc, etc?

I'm gunna guess no.

Why?

B/c they were not hunted and there is no effect on birds from ddt, b/c it's a liberal lie from the 60's. Chemical companies created poison weapons to use in VN, so to get revenge the libs made shit up, kept repeating the lie, and now they assume it's true no matter how many studies are done.

the hunting ban?

:rofl:

you had me going for a minute there. good one!

hunting ban-that's a corker

you're a funny bastard

While the AP acknowledged the fact that bald eagle populations “were considered a nuisance and routinely shot by hunters, farmers and fishermen” – spurring a 1940 federal law protecting bald eagles – the AP underplayed the significance of hunting and human encroachment and erroneously blamed DDT for the eagles’ near demise.

That would be due to the hunting ban.

Are you seeing more crows, robins, blue jays, sparrow, etc, etc?

I'm gunna guess no.

Why?

B/c they were not hunted and there is no effect on birds from ddt, b/c it's a liberal lie from the 60's. Chemical companies created poison weapons to use in VN, so to get revenge the libs made shit up, kept repeating the lie, and now they assume it's true no matter how many studies are done.

the hunting ban?

:rofl:

you had me going for a minute there. good one!

hunting ban-that's a corker

you're a funny bastard

While the AP acknowledged the fact that bald eagle populations “were considered a nuisance and routinely shot by hunters, farmers and fishermen” – spurring a 1940 federal law protecting bald eagles – the AP underplayed the significance of hunting and human encroachment and erroneously blamed DDT for the eagles’ near demise.

yes, you accurately quoted your opinion piece.

it's still some funny shit though. :thup:

As early as 1921, the journal Ecology reported that bald eagles were threatened with extinction – 22 years before DDT production even began. According to a report in the National Museum Bulletin, the bald eagle reportedly had vanished from New England by 1937 – 10 years before widespread use of the pesticide.

Bald Eagle-DDT Myth Still Flying High - Opinion - FOXNews.com

From the 900,000 that die every year;

Fuck you.

The effects of DDT aren't a myth. There's also nothing logically wrong with the notion that there could be more than one reason for their falling numbers. Seems the only myth being perpetrated is that, those who rail against environmental policy know anything at all about science!!! :doubt:

I know, science. WTF is a conservative doing quoting science and WTF are liberals doing ignoring facts.

oh wait

oh wait, there is no proof of a god, so you can't have beliefs, so actually I do mean lies.

LOL!!! You got a problem with the possibility of there being two dangers ar the same time? Does the article mention that they were finding thin eggs 20 years before DDT? If not, I don't really see what you're trying to prove, except that you'll twist anything to make your side look better!!!

spiked-science | Article | Why we need DDT

Silent Spring claimed that the pesticide DDT (1) was a threat to wildlife, and also to human health. As Ronald Bailey, science correspondent for Reason magazine, points out: 'Carson was…an effective populariser of the idea that children were especially vulnerable to the carcinogenic effects of synthetic chemicals.' Carson declared that 'a quarter of a century ago, cancer in children was considered a medical rarity. Today, more American schoolchildren die of cancer than any other disease'. To support this claim, she claimed that '12 percent of all deaths of children between the ages of one and 14 are caused by cancer'.

A quote from your lying hero

Carson wrote: 'Dr [James] DeWitt's now classic experiments [show] that exposure to DDT, even when doing no observable harm to the birds, may seriously affect reproduction. Quail, into whose diet DDT was introduced throughout the breeding season, survived and even produced normal numbers of fertile eggs. But few of the eggs hatched.'

In fact, DeWitt's 1956 article in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry came to a very different conclusion. DeWitt reported no significant difference in egg hatching between birds fed DDT and birds not fed DDT. Carson also omitted to mention DeWitt's report that DDT-fed pheasants hatched about 50 percent more eggs than 'control' pheasants. As to DDT causing cancer in humans, study after study reports no association between DDT exposure and cancer rates.

spiked-science | Article | Why we need DDT

Why do liberals hate science that doesn't back up thier bullshit?

Do your own fucking research.

tissue?

No thank you.

I've did plenty of looking shit up for you, but you have chosen to ignore it all.

Still no response to; Are you seeing more birds of other breeds.

hmm

shame

as a matter of fact, i do. more cardinals, especially. i don't know if that has anything to do with ddt or not, but i definitely see more birds of all types, especially large predator birds like hawks, eagles, herons.

you can believe it's some kind of leftist revenge for nam if you want, and i'll disagree with/laugh at you.

The effects of DDT aren't a myth. There's also nothing logically wrong with the notion that there could be more than one reason for their falling numbers. Seems the only myth being perpetrated is that, those who rail against environmental policy know anything at all about science!!! :doubt:

oh wait

LOL!!! You got a problem with the possibility of there being two dangers ar the same time? Does the article mention that they were finding thin eggs 20 years before DDT? If not, I don't really see what you're trying to prove, except that you'll twist anything to make your side look better!!!

My side? You mean the side of humans? The side that doesn't want children to die b/c some dumb **** told you ddt was bad, but she lied.

damn some people on here are just stuck on stewpud

I hated ddt when I was young, then so newer research came out and proved the old crap wrong, so I'm going to go with the new stuff.

Do you still think T-rex walks upright and drags it's tail?

No thank you.

I've did plenty of looking shit up for you, but you have chosen to ignore it all.

hmm

shame

as a matter of fact, i do. more cardinals, especially. i don't know if that has anything to do with ddt or not, but i definitely see more birds of all types, especially large predator birds like hawks, eagles, herons.

you can believe it's some kind of leftist revenge for nam if you want, and i'll disagree with/laugh at you.

Is it cuz it's spring maybe?

Cuz where I live there are no more than usual.

And plz, keep ignoring the new research, my respect for you is dropping with each post.

oh wait

My side? You mean the side of humans? The side that doesn't want children to die b/c some dumb **** told you ddt was bad, but she lied.

damn some people on here are just stuck on stewpud

I hated ddt when I was young, then so newer research came out and proved the old crap wrong, so I'm going to go with the new stuff.

Do you still think T-rex walks upright and drags it's tail?

i'm pretty sure trex broke up when tommy bolin died

DDT may be responsible for the rise in Autism?

something has caused the rise and it was not Rush Limbaugh.

He just causes Post Adult Retardation. It is however an affliction you choose to get.

Limbaugh's spreading post adult retardation is easy to cure, just push the button on your radio to the "off" position.

No thank you.

hmm

shame

And plz, keep ignoring the new research, my respect for you is dropping with each post.

Why are you still focusing on birds..................? :lol:

CONCLUSIONS. Prenatal exposure to DDT, and to a lesser extent DDE, was associated with neurodevelopmental delays during early childhood, although breastfeeding was found to be beneficial even among women with high levels of exposure. Countries considering the use of DDT should weigh its benefit in eradicating malaria against the negative associations found in this first report on DDT and human neurodevelopment.

In Utero Exposure to Dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT) and Dichlorodiphenyldichloroethylene (DDE) and Neurodevelopment Among Young Mexican American Children -- Eskenazi et al. 118 (1): 233 -- Pediatrics

Malaria Vaccine

In Phase II testing, the vaccine reduced cases of malaria in young children 5 to 17 months by 53%.

CDC - Malaria - Features - Malaria Vaccine

I guess we should expect full bi-partisan support for USAID funding to support phase III malaria vaccination efforts...................? :eusa_whistle:

Why are you still focusing on birds..................? :lol:

CONCLUSIONS. Prenatal exposure to DDT, and to a lesser extent DDE, was associated with neurodevelopmental delays during early childhood, although breastfeeding was found to be beneficial even among women with high levels of exposure. Countries considering the use of DDT should weigh its benefit in eradicating malaria against the negative associations found in this first report on DDT and human neurodevelopment.

In Utero Exposure to Dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT) and Dichlorodiphenyldichloroethylene (DDE) and Neurodevelopment Among Young Mexican American Children -- Eskenazi et al. 118 (1): 233 -- Pediatrics

Malaria Vaccine

In Phase II testing, the vaccine reduced cases of malaria in young children 5 to 17 months by 53%.

CDC - Malaria - Features - Malaria Vaccine

So that's saying the kids took longer to learn things but didn't die.

Seems like an overall plus to me.

I mentioned the vacc already. That takes a lot of time to do, to get to everyone. Not a reason to stop using ddt, until we can get to everyone.

I guess we should expect full bi-partisan support for USAID funding to support phase III malaria vaccination efforts...................? :eusa_whistle:

Nearly 1 million deaths.

you'd have to be a cold muther fukker to turn away from that.

But I bet we could find money in reducing regulations.

To save lives, I'm certain we can get bi-partisan on that.

Forum List

Back