Michigan Vs Ohio State 2023 thread

Yes 12 teams. Im not sure why there has been so much push back against that expansion, wait I do know it breaks (to a certain degree) the stranglehold 3-4 teams have on the PO berths.
I think it should be 6 or 8. 12 is too much, why let 3 loss SEC teams in? (You know that will happen)

I think it should be 6 or 8. 12 is too much, why let 3 loss SEC teams in? (You know that will happen)
There are 133 Div 1 FCS football teams. More than 6 should make the PO's.

Frankly they should break FCS up into 3-4 divisions. There are too many teams in the FCS the way it's currently configured who have zero chance of ever making the PO's let alone winning a national championship. There are currently maybe 10-15 teams who have any chance to win a national title. Regardless of what teams do outside those 10-15 teams they have no change of winning even before the season starts.

Any given year there are usually 4-6 teams that have the legitimate resumes for the playoffs.

4 is too few, 12 is way too much. I’d be fine with 8
Frankly they should break FCS up into 3-4 divisions. There are too many teams in the FCS the way it's currently configured who have zero chance of ever making the PO's let alone winning a national championship. There are currently maybe 10-15 teams who have any chance to win a national title. Regardless of what teams do outside those 10-15 teams they have no change of winning even before the season starts.

Any given year there are usually 4-6 teams that have the legitimate resumes for the playoffs.

If you limit it that much teams have no incentive to take chances during the season. In fact they are disincentivized to do so. Win your conference don’t take too big a risk OCC and make it to the POs where 96% of the teams have already been eliminated.

1700579700884.png

Using the current rankings this is the PO bracket. I know it's going to change pending this week and the Conference Champ games but this would be the best 4 weeks of college football as these are the majority of the teams that will be in it. Sign me up.

View attachment 861803

Using the current rankings this is the PO bracket. I know it's going to change pending this week and the Conference Champ games but this would be the best 4 weeks of college football as these are the majority of the teams that will be in it. Sign me up.
I’d rather see 8
1 GA v 8 bama
4 Wash v 5 FSU

3 Mich v 6 oregon
2 OSU v 7 Texas

Teams like Penn st and Missouri don’t belong

I’d rather see 8
1 GA v 8 bama
4 Wash v 5 FSU

3 Mich v 6 oregon
2 OSU v 7 Texas

Teams like Penn st and Missouri don’t belong

MO is coming on. They played GA almost even. Just won a game against FLA that was a heart-stopper on a last second FG. PENN STL has no offense at all it seems (against good teams).

MO is coming on. They played GA almost even. Just won a game against FLA that was a heart-stopper on a last second FG. PENN STL has no offense at all it seems (against good teams).
I think if you’ve lost a 2-3 games you should be out. Some years it’ll be different, but using this year there’s clear programs who deserve to be given a shot, and outsiders. I think this year, and many years, the line is at 8. Some years it’s 6. It’s never 4, and it’s never 12 though

I’ll make some assumptions but this is likely:

This week, GA, Bama, Washington, Oregon, Florida state, Louisville all win, and OSU/Michigan winner unbeaten while loser 1 loss to a beast team.

Championships
SEC: Georgia vs Bama
Big 10: OSU/Mich vs. Iowa
PAC: Washington vs Oregon
ACC: FSU vs . Louisville
Big12: Texas vs. OK/OK St

Lots of scenarios. I’d say if GA wins out, they’d be put 1, OSU/Mich winner 2 (provided they beat Iowa), 3 would be undefeated Washington if they beat Oregon, 4 undefeated FSU if they beat Louisville.

The scenarios are endless, What if..
Bama beats GA, so both 1 loss
Oregon beats Washington, so both with 1 loss
Texas wins out, 1 loss
Louisville beats FSU, so 1-loss FSU
Then you still have the OSU/Michigan loser with 1-loss to the #1 team.

That would be the OSU/Michigan winner with then 7 one-loss teams, all loses to top 10 Opponents
Like WTF do you do then???
Florida might knock off Florida State.

Not impressed with them.

No way Florida State survives Louisville the next week.

Essentially you have 2 elite teams, Alabama and Georgia year after year after year.

The rest is fill in. Who cares?

It will be that way till someone proves otherwise.

Essentially you have 2 elite teams, Alabama and Georgia year after year after year.

The rest is fill in. Who cares?

It will be that way till someone proves otherwise.
Odd that those 2 dont win the National Championship every year than isnt it.

Game Day.. predictions?

I’m shaky, but I truly think Michigan has the better team. Many years previously I’ve rooted for Michigan but admitted I don’t expect to win. I’d say I don’t expect to win at 55%

Michigan 27
Ohio State 23

Game Day.. predictions?

I’m shaky, but I truly think Michigan has the better team. Many years previously I’ve rooted for Michigan but admitted I don’t expect to win. I’d say I don’t expect to win at 55%

Michigan 27
Ohio State 23

If Michigan cant trust their QB they will lose. McCarthy has to play way better than he did against PSU and MD if they are going to win. I dont think you're beating that OSU defense being one dimensional. OSU probably wins this one.

If Michigan cant trust their QB they will lose. McCarthy has to play way better than he did against PSU and MD if they are going to win. I dont think you're beating that OSU defense being one dimensional. OSU probably wins this one.
I agree. I’m hoping putting McCarthy on the back burner was more statement rather than necessity. It’s not that he played horrible, he just hasn’t been used. I wonder if he’s injured

It would be incredible if Michigan came out throwing the first few plays and hit a few seam routes… since OSU is likely going to play the run

I agree. I’m hoping putting McCarthy on the back burner was more statement rather than necessity. It’s not that he played horrible, he just hasn’t been used. I wonder if he’s injured

It would be incredible if Michigan came out throwing the first few plays and hit a few seam routes… since OSU is likely going to play the run
We will see. It will be cold, no rain and no wind. Against PSU they just ran the ball. Against MD he played kind of poorly. 50% completion on 23 attempts 0 TD's 1 INT. He will have to do better than that to win I'd guess.

We will see. It will be cold, no rain and no wind. Against PSU they just ran the ball. Against MD he played kind of poorly. 50% completion on 23 attempts 0 TD's 1 INT. He will have to do better than that to win I'd guess.
He showed up big in last year's game.. let's hope he just has that gene.

Forum List

Back