Why is this Michigan football sign-stealing investigation being treated as such a big deal?

sealybobo Mr. Friscus

You guys are a hoot. Anything to defend you team. This is why I don't have a favorite team. You can't just enjoy the football when you do.
I’m consistent. I can give plenty of examples even with Michigan football. I think you likely aren’t, and are projecting that onto me, assuming everyone takes the shortcuts you do.

You sound like the “Your source is FOX news so it has no credibility” crowd. Being a Michigan fan and questioning rogue treatment by the Big 10 doesn’t mean I’m wrong or field by some emotional reaction.

You simply repeat that same thing (which I don’t dispute) over and over and then ignore the aspect I have an issue with.

Ok bud. Good luck with that. I'll bet you a billion dollars you won't because I don't root for any specific college team. Never have and I dont see that changing any time soon.
I'm talking pros. It's just weird you don't have one team you like the most. You're a unicorn you know that?

When? Where did my stance on this change 1 iota?
I didn’t say “on this”, I’m talking general logic.

Let’s have a logic check: answer yes or no.

Do you think it was just for January 6th rioters to get decades in prison while BLM firebombers got off with months in local jail at most?

I’m consistent. I can give plenty of examples even with Michigan football. I think you likely aren’t, and are projecting that onto me, assuming everyone takes the shortcuts you do.

You sound like the “Your source is FOX news so it has no credibility” crowd. Being a Michigan fan and questioning rogue treatment by the Big 10 doesn’t mean I’m wrong or field by some emotional reaction.

You simply repeat that same thing (which I don’t dispute) over and over and then ignore the aspect I have an issue with.

What do Fox News fans think about the proof that Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, etc., intentionally lied to their viewers about Trump’s election fraud claims?

I have pointed that out to several Fox viewers. Their response was to either act like they didn't hear me or just say Fox was the greatest and 100% truthful.

You can't reason with ANY group of people that only seeks bias confirmation. They don't want truth, just confirmation. Anything that goes against their belief is obviously a lie.

? Please quote my inconsistency. I'll wait. You've been consistently ignoring the fact that Michigan violated the rules and everyone else didn't, I'll give you that.

You're wrong because you're wrong. Not because you're a Michgan fan. You being a Michigan fan is why you cant see that you're wrong. 2 different things.

Nope. I've addressed over and over your issue.

You think the rule is dumb that it shouldnt be applied or Michigan shouldnt be punished because teams get signs in other ways and so it makes the fact that Michigan violated the rules to get them moot. Is that a fair summation?

I didn’t say “on this”, I’m talking general logic.

Quote it up big man. Where have a advocated for people who have broken the law or rules to not be held accountable. I'll wait.

Let’s have a logic check: answer yes or no.

Do you think it was just for January 6th rioters to get decades in prison while BLM firebombers got off with months in local jail at most?

Based on this exceedingly vague description of the events? No? But what happened to those 2 groups is immaterial to what's happening to Michigan.

And you ignored this:

1. Why is it illegal to have scouts at teams games? Why would a team do that? For what purpose?
Why does it matter? Does the reasoning for the rule change whether it should be enforced or not while it remains a rule?

What do Fox News fans think about the proof that Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, etc., intentionally lied to their viewers about Trump’s election fraud claims?

I have pointed that out to several Fox viewers. Their response was to either act like they didn't hear me or just say Fox was the greatest and 100% truthful.

You can't reason with ANY group of people that only seeks bias confirmation. They don't want truth, just confirmation. Anything that goes against their belief is obviously a lie.
You are correct. So tell me.

Did Michigan violate NCAA rules by sending scouts to games in person?

yes or no.

Based on this exceedingly vague description of the events? No?
Oh? So now, let me play you:

“But the J6 rioters broke the law. If they didn’t want to be in prison they shouldn’t have broken the law. Their issue is with the government, they are just whiny criminals who got caught. If they didn’t want decades in prison for things other people did too, they should have just not broken the law”.

That’s where you are logically in this thing. You’re the statist, repeating over and over that a rule was broken, thus, any punishment is justified, and no need to look anywhere else for the same crime.

It’s not a good look.

Why does it matter? Does the reasoning for the rule change whether it should be enforced or not while it remains a rule?
It matters. We’ll play this out logically. Answer the simple question with the obvious answer.

1. Why is it illegal to have scouts at teams games? Why would a team do that? For what purpose?

Oh? So now, let me play you:

“But the J6 rioters broke the law. If they didn’t want to be in prison they shouldn’t have broken the law. Their issue is with the government, they are just whiny criminals who got caught. If they didn’t want decades in prison for things other people did too, they should have just not broken the law”.

I don't disagree. They should be punished per the law. I have no issue with that. Whether or not they deserve decades in prison would depend on what their actions were on that day. I don't know that just walking into the capital rises to that level but I don't know the specific law/s they violated by doing so.

That’s where you are logically in this thing. You’re the statist, repeating over and over that a rule was broken, thus, any punishment is justified, and no need to look anywhere else for the same crime.

It’s not a good look.

And you want your favored team/group to be above the law/rules because they are you favored group/team. That's not the way rules/laws work.

It matters. We’ll play this out logically. Answer the simple question with the obvious answer.

It doesn't matter. It only matters to you because you think it's some escape from Michigan's guilt.

Teams not named Michigan don't because it's against the rules.....
I guess we can’t continue a conversation when one participant doesn’t even understand why teams send scouts to games. I assumed you were knowledgeable on such things in sports, I guess I understand all the aloofness now.

I guess we can’t continue a conversation when one participant doesn’t even understand why teams send scouts to games. I assumed you were knowledgeable on such things in sports, I guess I understand all the aloofness now.
Teams don't send scouts to games as it's against the rules. Do you have evidence of other teams doing this? There's really no need to with all the film that exists.

You are correct. So tell me.

Did Michigan violate NCAA rules by sending scouts to games in person?

yes or no.
How would I know? I haven't seen the evidence. For some reason Harbaugh is fighting it. Don't you guys usually say let's see what happens in court? Don't you guys say innocent until proven guilty?

And HONESTLY, I feel like Harbaugh is pulling a Trump on us right now. Yea, he's guilty. But he ain't gonna ever admit it. And Michigan fans will never admit it either. Don't care what evidence you have.

Doesn't this sound familiar? And isn't Harbaugh a Trump supporter?

"This whole thing that Harbaugh is somehow wronged, that is the biggest bunch of nonsense I've ever heard in my life."

With news that Harbaugh could testify Friday in hopes of removing the injunction preventing him from being on the sideline for Michigan games, Russo called out the preciousness of Michigan fans and supporters as well.

“We’ve asked Harbaugh to talk about this for three months, and he’s said absolutely nothing for three months,” Russo said. “Now that his rear end’s on the line, he’s going to talk in front of a judge.”

Did you lose that search of all the "Michigan hate" posts I've made? Or was that just bullshit?

What does he mean when he says "bet"?

In a statement to PEOPLE on Saturday, a university spokesperson shared that Michigan looks "forward to presenting our case next week where we intend to demonstrate that the Big Ten has not acted legally or fairly."

"The Commissioner created this situation by issuing his indefensible position at the end of the day on Veteran’s Day, when the court is closed," they added.

I think I'm reading that Brady is supporting Harbaugh. Bet means he supports him? But he better. He's a cheater too. Also a Trump supporter. Shocker.

How would I know? I haven't seen the evidence. For some reason Harbaugh is fighting it. Don't you guys usually say let's see what happens in court? Don't you guys say innocent until proven guilty?

And HONESTLY, I feel like Harbaugh is pulling a Trump on us right now. Yea, he's guilty. But he ain't gonna ever admit it. And Michigan fans will never admit it either. Don't care what evidence you have.

Doesn't this sound familiar? And isn't Harbaugh a Trump supporter?

"This whole thing that Harbaugh is somehow wronged, that is the biggest bunch of nonsense I've ever heard in my life."

With news that Harbaugh could testify Friday in hopes of removing the injunction preventing him from being on the sideline for Michigan games, Russo called out the preciousness of Michigan fans and supporters as well.

“We’ve asked Harbaugh to talk about this for three months, and he’s said absolutely nothing for three months,” Russo said. “Now that his rear end’s on the line, he’s going to talk in front of a judge.”

Michigan isnt fighting whether they committed the offense only whether the BIG10's punishment which was enacted prior to the NCAA finishing it's investigation is correct. I dont think it's even in dispute whether the individuals on the Michigan coaching staff were doing this. All they are investigating now is who knew what when and for how long I imagine.

Forum List

Back