Why is this Michigan football sign-stealing investigation being treated as such a big deal?

Teams don't send scouts to games as it's against the rules. Do you have evidence of other teams doing this? There's really no need to with all the film that exists.
I’m talking the purpose of scouting, obviously.

Why would a team send a scout to watch another team play?

I’m talking the purpose of scouting, obviously.

Why would a team send a scout to watch another team play?
Again. Why they are doing it is irrelevant. Why they are doing it doesn't change the fact that it's against the rules.

I know what you're trying to do. Teams send scouts to games to steal signs. Teams are doing other things to steal signs so what's the difference?

So I'll just answer that question now, AGAIN.

Going to games in person is against the rules.

Stealing signs isn't.

As long as everyone is operating inside the ruleset no one has an advantage. When one team goes outside that ruleset they gain an advantage over all the teams who are following the ruleset. Everyone on the planet who isn't a Michigan fan calls that cheating. And Michigan fans called it cheating until 2 weeks ago or whenever this issue came to light.

Im trying to steal your signs and your trying to steal mine. We both know the methods that are allowed within the ruleset to do so. It's on me to do the things I need to do to prevent that from happening to the best of my ability. If you are doing things outside the ruleset how can I defend against that as I have to assume you're not? That's why what Michigan did is a problem and they should be punished for it.

If you refuse to see that there's nothing I can do for you, your blue and gold tinted glasses wont allow for it.

What does he mean when he says "bet"?

In a statement to PEOPLE on Saturday, a university spokesperson shared that Michigan looks "forward to presenting our case next week where we intend to demonstrate that the Big Ten has not acted legally or fairly."

"The Commissioner created this situation by issuing his indefensible position at the end of the day on Veteran’s Day, when the court is closed," they added.

I think I'm reading that Brady is supporting Harbaugh. Bet means he supports him? But he better. He's a cheater too. Also a Trump supporter. Shocker.
How is this helpful in any way?

As long as everyone is operating inside the ruleset no one has an advantage. When one team goes outside that ruleset they gain an advantage over all the teams who are following the ruleset.
That’s not true. both teams end up with each others signs, so they both have an advantage over each other, achieving the same end result.

scouting through in-person coaches who share with other coaches vs in-person scouts in the crowd? I say it’s all the same, and it is. One views from the other sideline and shares to the next coach, one just notes from the stands. Technically different, but no difference as far as what it produces.

The NCAA and/or Big 10 should acknowledge how silly this rule is in their ruling. But it seems they are being heavily coarced to be strict in one sliver while willfully blind to sign stealing elsewhere.

IMO It’s safe to say The Big 10 commish placated to a bunch of other coaches (who lost to Michigan) who all were trading signals (aka scouting for each other in person) while now sanctimoniously pointing fingers at Michigan. It actually laughable, and most people know it once they have all the info and don’t just read crazed headlines.

And then there’s you, a pillar of stating one thing over and over that’s not in dispute and not addressing the complexity and context of the subjective nature of punishment. Nope.

Just like those J6 rioters who got 20 years in jail. They broke the law. It’s on them. All governing bodies are completely innocent and pure, and make no mistakes. LOL

That’s not true. both teams end up with each others signs, so they both have an advantage over each other, achieving the same end result.

The advantage lies in the actual deciphering of the signs not the possession of them. It's far easier for me to figure out your signs if I can tape them and then use that tape against film to see what you ran. That's the advantage. Get it now? Is that breaking through?
scouting through in-person coaches who share with other coaches vs in-person scouts in the crowd? I say it’s all the same, and it is. One views from the other sideline and shares to the next coach, one just notes from the stands. Technically different, but no difference as far as what it produces.

The NCAA and/or Big 10 should acknowledge how silly this rule is in their ruling. But it seems they are being heavily coarced to be strict in one sliver while willfully blind to sign stealing elsewhere.

IMO It’s safe to say The Big 10 commish placated to a bunch of other coaches (who lost to Michigan) who all were trading signals (aka scouting for each other in person) while now sanctimoniously pointing fingers at Michigan. It actually laughable, and most people know it once they have all the info and don’t just read crazed headlines.

But they havent. Michigan knew that, And still broke the rules. Why should they expect to not be punished?
And then there’s you, a pillar of stating one thing over and over that’s not in dispute and not addressing the complexity and context of the subjective nature of punishment. Nope.

Just like those J6 rioters who got 20 years in jail. They broke the law. It’s on them. All governing bodies are completely innocent and pure, and make no mistakes. LOL

Was what the Astros did in the sign stealing scandal wrong?

lantern2814

You disagree with my question? Odd
Not really. You just blindly refuse to acknowledge that Michigan is not the only one at fault here. Those schools giving Michigan's signs to the Wolverine's opponents have committed unsportsmanlike acts as well. Yet the conference refuses to punish them. And you don't find that the least bit odd.

Not really. You just blindly refuse to acknowledge that Michigan is not the only one at fault here. Those schools giving Michigan's signs to the Wolverine's opponents have committed unsportsmanlike acts as well. Yet the conference refuses to punish them. And you don't find that the least bit odd.
Probably because that’s not a violation of NCAA or BIG10 rules unlike what Michigan did. Do you want the conference to just arbitrarily enforce things that aren’t rules? Not sure why that’s so hard to grasp.

Probably because that’s not a violation of NCAA or BIG10 rules unlike what Michigan did. Do you want the conference to just arbitrarily enforce things that aren’t rules? Not sure why that’s so hard to grasp.
It is unsportsmanlike conduct you ignorant moron. Your pathetic lack of understanding of that simple fact is just sad. Enjoy Michigan now likely running the table back to the playoff. With the conference powerless to stop it.

It is unsportsmanlike conduct you ignorant moron. Your pathetic lack of understanding of that simple fact is just sad. Enjoy Michigan now likely running the table back to the playoff. With the conference powerless to stop it.
Michigan isn’t being punished for possessing other teams signs dumb ass. They are being punished because they acquired them illegally.

Was what the Astros did in their sign stealing scandal wrong?

Michigan isn’t being punished for possessing other teams signs dumb ass. They are being punished because they acquired them illegally.

Was what the Astros did in their sign stealing scandal wrong?
Hey dumbass, show the NCAA making that finding official. The Astros have nothing to do with this. All you peons have done is motivate Michigan. By the way those other teams getting Michigan's signs also acquired them illegally. Oops

Hey dumbass, show the NCAA making that finding official. The Astros have nothing to do with this. All you peons have done is motivate Michigan. By the way those other teams getting Michigan's signs also acquired them illegally. Oops
Michigan isn’t even disputing that they violated that rule dummy.

Just answer the question. Was What the. Astros did stealing signs wrong?

I don’t get it, is an Ohio State alum on the prosecution board here?

I don’t get how one can “steal signs” by simply attending a game. 80,000 people can steal signs? Scouting a team as they openly play games is normal in sports. And what about in-game? Are you not allowed to look at the other teams sidelines?

This is nothing like the Patriots taping other teams practices, or the Astros using real time technology, yet it’s being treated as such.

I guess if there’s technically a rule against it, you can go for it if you’re the NCAA. It seems very petty and minute.. like ticketing someone for jaywalking.

To all the other salty Big 10 teams: If you don’t want your signs stolen, hide them. Michigan would have rolled them regardless
For some reason it is against the rules.

Harbaugh and Michigan accept 3 game suspension.

Harbaugh and Michigan accept 3 game suspension.
There, are you happy now? I am after MI beat Ohio. I'll be okay with them losing in the Big 10 game, first round of the tourny or even the big game. Didn't expect them to get past Ohio State. So everything from here on out is bonus.

Forum List

Back