Michigan Vs Ohio State 2023 thread

Jim Harbaugh who is banned for cheating from the game flashing signs from Lake Michigan to his coaches at the stadium be like

Its time that QB headsets are allowed in college football

Historically this is one of the most ridiculous parts of the season, where OSU loses but somehow still gets into the playoffs because of sheer, obvious program bias. It happened multiple times in the 2010’s, happened last year.

Ohio State is the privileged, snobbish, gaited community program of NCAA football.

I think Notre Dame holds that title.

And the committee/rankings makers bend over backwards to put Alabama in the PO every year.

Why is Michigan even bowl eligible after their head coach was caught cheating?
‘All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.’ College bluebloods never get in that much trouble.

Its time that QB headsets are allowed in college football
The current NCAA rules are like relying on fax machines and pagers in modern day. High schools commonly have helmet audio.

Hopefully they join the current century soon, but that’s another story

I think Notre Dame holds that title.
Maybe they can be co-holders historically, but Notre Dame the past 20 years isn’t OSU the past 20 years, it’s not nearly as often applicable.

Ohio state pundits and fans remind me of the New York snobs who say “it’s good for the league that New York is a good team (and given preferential/favourable treatment)”.

And what’s so frustrating is that they succeed so often in their efforts to prosper from the bias, and make no apologies or acknowledgment of it, immediately deflecting every time. They know it, but want to pretend it doesn’t exist to protect their team. It’s like talking to Democrats about leftist mainstream media. Deny, deflect..
And the committee/rankings makers bend over backwards to put Alabama in the PO every year.
I have definitely noticed Alabama bias as well. I think it’s starting to creep in this year. There’s already spinning of “If OSU loses they should still get in”, and “a 1 loss Alabama should get in over an undefeated Washington and Florida State”

We know the NCAA wants Georgia, OSU, Alabama, and then FSU or Washington/Oregon… in that order

Last edited:
Maybe they can be co-holders historically, but Notre Dame the past 20 years isn’t OSU the past 20 years, it’s not nearly as often applicable.

Ohio state pundits and fans remind me of the New York snobs who say “it’s good for the league that New York is a good team (and given preferential/favourable treatment)”.

And what’s so frustrating is that they succeed so often in their efforts to prosper from the bias, and make no apologies or acknowledgment of it, immediately deflecting every time. They know it, but want to pretend it doesn’t exist to protect their team. It’s like talking to Democrats about leftist mainstream media. Deny, deflect..

I have definitely noticed Alabama bias as well. I think it’s starting to creep in this year. There’s already spinning of “If OSU loses they should still get in”, and “a 1 loss Alabama should get in over an undefeated Washington and Florida State”

We know the NCAA wants Georgia, OSU, Alabama, and then FSU or Washington/Oregon… in that order
Maybe not Georgia AND Alabama since they will meet in the SEC championship game in just 2 weeks

But probably not 2 teams from the Big 10 either

Maybe not Georgia AND Alabama since they will meet in the SEC championship game in just 2 weeks

If Alabama beats UGA it's possible they both get in. Either Mich or OSU will get their first loss Saturday.

If Alabama beats Georgia, Georgia’s only loss is to a sudden top 4 team, and Alabamas loss is to a top 10 team (Texas I believe). They could go Georgia 2 or 3 and Alabama 4.

The same logic applies here, but it’s a double standard, always. In Michigan loses, they are just plain out. If OSU loses, it’s “yeah but their only loss is to a top 5 team and OSU was high ranked and blah blah blah” happens often, and for some reason the pundits make it work and influence the voters.

And even if Michigan won, but then shockingly lost to Iowa in the Big 10 championship game, OSU would still say they deserve to be in over the team that beat them just last week while they sat at home and didn’t play the week of the big 10 championships.. because they weren’t good enough to even make it

If Alabama beats UGA it's possible they both get in. Either Mich or OSU will get their first loss Saturday.
If Bama beats Georgia it would help the Tide but not necessarily Georgia depending on how many unbeaten teams remain

If Alabama beats Georgia, Georgia’s only loss is to a sudden top 4 team, and Alabamas loss is to a top 10 team (Texas I believe). They could go Georgia 2 or 3 and Alabama 4.

The same logic applies here, but it’s a double standard, always. In Michigan loses, they are just plain out. If OSU loses, it’s “yeah but their only loss is to a top 5 team and OSU was high ranked and blah blah blah” happens often, and for some reason the pundits make it work and influence the voters.

And even if Michigan won, but then shockingly lost to Iowa in the Big 10 championship game, OSU would still say they deserve to be in over the team that beat them just last week while they sat at home and didn’t play the week of the big 10 championships.. because they weren’t good enough to even make it
Texas beat Alabama and is ranked ahead of them in the polls

We need an expanded playoff starting next year

Texas beat Alabama and is ranked ahead of them in the polls

We need an expanded playoff starting next year
I’ll make some assumptions but this is likely:

This week, GA, Bama, Washington, Oregon, Florida state, Louisville all win, and OSU/Michigan winner unbeaten while loser 1 loss to a beast team.

Championships
SEC: Georgia vs Bama
Big 10: OSU/Mich vs. Iowa
PAC: Washington vs Oregon
ACC: FSU vs . Louisville
Big12: Texas vs. OK/OK St

Lots of scenarios. I’d say if GA wins out, they’d be put 1, OSU/Mich winner 2 (provided they beat Iowa), 3 would be undefeated Washington if they beat Oregon, 4 undefeated FSU if they beat Louisville.

The scenarios are endless, What if..
Bama beats GA, so both 1 loss
Oregon beats Washington, so both with 1 loss
Texas wins out, 1 loss
Louisville beats FSU, so 1-loss FSU
Then you still have the OSU/Michigan loser with 1-loss to the #1 team.

That would be the OSU/Michigan winner with then 7 one-loss teams, all loses to top 10 Opponents
Like WTF do you do then???

At that point its even more of a beauty contest than usual

Which gives Georgia, Alabama and Ohio State the advantage even with one loss

After that #4 is s coin toss because all the other teams are very close

I took a look at the PO history. I didnt realize how many times OSU had gone to the PO. I think the committee considers the BIG10 as the next best conference to the SEC which is likely why OSU gets more cred. That said....

2015, lost early to VT, then ran the table, and won the NC. I assume you don't have an issue with that.
2017 Lost to PSU, mid season. Then to Clemson in the semifinal. Everyone else had 2 or more losses.
2020 Undefeated, lost to Clemson in the semifinal
2021 Undefeated lost to Alabama in final
2022 Only loss was tp Michigan. Everyone else had 2 or more losses. They gave UGA the best game the bulldogs had all year. Almost beat them. Georgia beat everyone else by at least 2 scores. OSU lost by 1 on a missed field goal.

Where's the bias? In the seasons they had a loss who should have gone instead?

I’ll make some assumptions but this is likely:

This week, GA, Bama, Washington, Oregon, Florida state, Louisville all win, and OSU/Michigan winner unbeaten while loser 1 loss to a beast team.

Championships
SEC: Georgia vs Bama
Big 10: OSU/Mich vs. Iowa
PAC: Washington vs Oregon
ACC: FSU vs . Louisville
Big12: Texas vs. OK/OK St

Lots of scenarios. I’d say if GA wins out, they’d be put 1, OSU/Mich winner 2 (provided they beat Iowa), 3 would be undefeated Washington if they beat Oregon, 4 undefeated FSU if they beat Louisville.

The scenarios are endless, What if..
Bama beats GA, so both 1 loss
Oregon beats Washington, so both with 1 loss
Texas wins out, 1 loss
Louisville beats FSU, so 1-loss FSU
Then you still have the OSU/Michigan loser with 1-loss to the #1 team.

That would be the OSU/Michigan winner with then 7 one-loss teams, all loses to top 10 Opponents

FSU lost their star QB. While I agree with you that they should get a spot if they win out I wouldnt be surprised if the committee left them out because of that.

If Bama beats UGA the committee will likely put both of them in. They should leave UGA out due to their weak (in comparison) schedule but they wont. That leaves 2 spots. Big 10 champ and either undefeated Washington or 1 loss Oregon, Texas or Washington.

Forum List

Back