Michelle Obama touts free speech

Didnt read the article, eh?

No, I didn't. It's a pain in the ass to swim through all the spam those right wing sites constantly pop up.

What I was able to read was this:

BEIJING — On a visit that was supposed to be nonpolitical, Michelle Obama delivered an unmistakable message to the Chinese on Saturday, saying in an address here that freedom of speech, particularly on the Internet and in the news media, provided the foundation for a vibrant society.

On the second day of a weeklong trip to China with her two daughters and her mother, Mrs. Obama, the first lady, spoke to an audience of Americans and Chinese at Peking University, and in the middle of an appeal for more American students to study abroad, she also talked of the value for people of hearing “all sides of every argument.”

“Time and again, we have seen that countries are stronger and more prosperous when the voices and opinions of all their citizens can be heard,” she said.

More...

The forthright exposition of the American belief in freedom of speech came against a backdrop of broad censorship of the Internet by the Chinese government. The government polices the Internet to prevent the nation’s 500 million users from seeing antigovernment sentiment, and blocks a variety of foreign websites, including Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. The authorities compel domestic Internet sites to censor themselves.

Good for her!

Now...a question for you Obama haters...

How is this being reported on by...well, reporters, if no reporters were allowed?

Cuz, ya know, I did a quick Google search on this and there's like hundreds of reporters reporting on the story...
You could search that but not the ground rules of the trip. What does that say about you?
No interviews, please! Michelle Obama's China trip questioned as she won't take Q&A with reporters and only offers 2 true 'open press' events (out of 22 on her calendar) | Mail Online

No, I didn't. It's a pain in the ass to swim through all the spam those right wing sites constantly pop up.

More...

Good for her!

How is this being reported on by...well, reporters, if no reporters were allowed?

Cuz, ya know, I did a quick Google search on this and there's like hundreds of reporters reporting on the story...

How is it you can tie your shoes? Wait, I get it, you have those velcro ones, right?

The most transparent administration, cont. - POLITICO.com

Nice deflection (not!)

Why won't you answer my question? Why did reporters report on Obama's speech if no reporters were allowed to report????????

The answer's obvious...I just want to hear it from you. Or one of your comrades.
Really?

She took no reporters with her.

Not exactly the same as saying reporters could not report. Of course, there were no reporters in china before her arrival, right?

Inhale once...exhale once.....this is how you breathe...

More...

Good for her!

How is it you can tie your shoes? Wait, I get it, you have those velcro ones, right?

Nice deflection (not!)

Why won't you answer my question? Why did reporters report on Obama's speech if no reporters were allowed to report????????

The answer's obvious...I just want to hear it from you. Or one of your comrades.

Didnt read the article, eh?

More...

The forthright exposition of the American belief in freedom of speech came against a backdrop of broad censorship of the Internet by the Chinese government. The government polices the Internet to prevent the nation’s 500 million users from seeing antigovernment sentiment, and blocks a variety of foreign websites, including Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. The authorities compel domestic Internet sites to censor themselves.

Good for her!

You could search that but not the ground rules of the trip. What does that say about you?
No interviews, please! Michelle Obama's China trip questioned as she won't take Q&A with reporters and only offers 2 true 'open press' events (out of 22 on her calendar) | Mail Online

Thanks for verifying my assertion that there were reporters there reporting on her speech, Gracie!

There were photographers there taking pictures too, Einstein.
BUt why did she not allow any Q&A and why were they permitted only at two events, this being one of them? Especially when we the taxpayer are paying for her fat ass, her kids, and her mom?

More...

Good for her!

Nice deflection (not!)

Because she doesn't run China?

BUt why did she not allow any Q&A and why were they permitted only at two events, this being one of them? Especially when we the taxpayer are paying for her fat ass, her kids, and her mom?

Her mother and kids are not paid for with taxpayers monies, the Obama's must reimburse the Treasury for any expenses, any more misinformation and ignorance that needs to be cleared up???

Her mother and kids are not paid for with taxpayers monies, the Obama's must reimburse the Treasury for any expenses, any more misinformation and ignorance that needs to be cleared up???

Link?
Werrent you the guy saying nate Silver predicted a Romney win?

Link?

. The White House generally categorizes the trips as fulfilling either official or
political functions. Often, a trip involves both official and political, or unofficial, activities. When
a trip is for an official function, the government pays all costs, including per diem (food and
lodging), car rentals, and other incidental expenses. When a trip is for political or unofficial
purposes, those involved must pay for their own food and lodging and other related expenses, and
they must also reimburse the government with the equivalent of the airfare that they would have
paid had they used a commercial airline

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RS21835.pdf

You realize that your so called "reimbursement" is way into the millions and millions of dollars by now? There is no way that's going to come out their Goldman Sachs bank account.

They reimburse the Treasury for the Secret Service? The Air Force personnel that man Air Force One? The various staff that follows them everywhere?

Didn't think so.

They reimburse the Treasury for the Secret Service? The Air Force personnel that man Air Force One? The various staff that follows them everywhere?

Didn't think so.

They'd be broke in a month, LOL.

Last edited:

Link?

yeah nate never said that

Link?

. The White House generally categorizes the trips as fulfilling either official or
political functions. Often, a trip involves both official and political, or unofficial, activities. When
a trip is for an official function, the government pays all costs, including per diem (food and
lodging), car rentals, and other incidental expenses. When a trip is for political or unofficial
purposes, those involved must pay for their own food and lodging and other related expenses, and
they must also reimburse the government with the equivalent of the airfare that they would have
paid had they used a commercial airline

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RS21835.pdf

Michelle Obama arrives in China for official visit - CNN.com

Looks like we're picking up the tab for Moose and her crew.

Forum List

Back