Michelle Obama touts free speech

For the first time as first lady she's finally said something that wasn't insignificant.

For the first time in my life I am proud of Michelle Obama.
Or I would be if she weren't a fucking hypocrite scumbag.

Did she ask James Rosen for his opinon on free speech in the OSA?

Before she arrived the Great Wall gift shops removed the obama-Mao t-shirts which gives you an idea of how the Chinese feel about obama.

'Obama-Mao T-Shirts' Removed from Great Wall Shops as Michelle Obama Visits | The Weekly Standard

According to a pool reporter who was at the Great Wall of China for Michelle Obama's visit there today, "Chinese authorities made sure, for a day, that Mutianyu [a section of the Great Wall] was visibly free of Obama-Mao t-shirts." For $60, however, a merchant told the pool reporter that she'd sell him one of those t-shirts.

Great idea.
Unfortunately she banned journalists on the trip. This might win hypocrite of the week award. But the week is young.
Call the Hypocrisy Police: Michelle Obama Praises Free Speech on China Trip That Banned Journalists

The trip isn't political, why do you care?

Michelle Obama will try to avoid politics during trip to China - The Washington Post

If it isn't political why is she talking about a political issue?

She just likes to hear herself talk. But more importantly, she likes to spend taxpayer's money and resources. Perhaps she'll take Malaysian Airlines on her trip home? :eusa_silenced:

Great idea.
Unfortunately she banned journalists on the trip. This might win hypocrite of the week award. But the week is young.
Call the Hypocrisy Police: Michelle Obama Praises Free Speech on China Trip That Banned Journalists

Michelle Obama will try to avoid politics during trip to China - The Washington Post

Please tell me you aren't as dense as you are pretending to be in this post.

Great idea.

If it isn't political why is she talking about a political issue?

If it isn't political and has nothing to do with the United States, why are we paying for it? And the obamamama too.

Didnt read the article, eh?

No, I didn't. It's a pain in the ass to swim through all the spam those right wing sites constantly pop up.

What I was able to read was this:

BEIJING — On a visit that was supposed to be nonpolitical, Michelle Obama delivered an unmistakable message to the Chinese on Saturday, saying in an address here that freedom of speech, particularly on the Internet and in the news media, provided the foundation for a vibrant society.

On the second day of a weeklong trip to China with her two daughters and her mother, Mrs. Obama, the first lady, spoke to an audience of Americans and Chinese at Peking University, and in the middle of an appeal for more American students to study abroad, she also talked of the value for people of hearing “all sides of every argument.”

“Time and again, we have seen that countries are stronger and more prosperous when the voices and opinions of all their citizens can be heard,” she said.

More...

The forthright exposition of the American belief in freedom of speech came against a backdrop of broad censorship of the Internet by the Chinese government. The government polices the Internet to prevent the nation’s 500 million users from seeing antigovernment sentiment, and blocks a variety of foreign websites, including Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. The authorities compel domestic Internet sites to censor themselves.

Good for her!

Now...a question for you Obama haters...

How is this being reported on by...well, reporters, if no reporters were allowed?

Cuz, ya know, I did a quick Google search on this and there's like hundreds of reporters reporting on the story...

The heifer is so devoted to free speech she refused to meet with a single human rights activist.

No, I didn't. It's a pain in the ass to swim through all the spam those right wing sites constantly pop up.

BEIJING — On a visit that was supposed to be nonpolitical, Michelle Obama delivered an unmistakable message to the Chinese on Saturday, saying in an address here that freedom of speech, particularly on the Internet and in the news media, provided the foundation for a vibrant society.

On the second day of a weeklong trip to China with her two daughters and her mother, Mrs. Obama, the first lady, spoke to an audience of Americans and Chinese at Peking University, and in the middle of an appeal for more American students to study abroad, she also talked of the value for people of hearing “all sides of every argument.”

“Time and again, we have seen that countries are stronger and more prosperous when the voices and opinions of all their citizens can be heard,” she said.
More...

The forthright exposition of the American belief in freedom of speech came against a backdrop of broad censorship of the Internet by the Chinese government. The government polices the Internet to prevent the nation’s 500 million users from seeing antigovernment sentiment, and blocks a variety of foreign websites, including Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. The authorities compel domestic Internet sites to censor themselves.
Good for her!

How is this being reported on by...well, reporters, if no reporters were allowed?

Cuz, ya know, I did a quick Google search on this and there's like hundreds of reporters reporting on the story...

How is it you can tie your shoes? Wait, I get it, you have those velcro ones, right?

The most transparent administration, cont. - POLITICO.com

More...

Good for her!

How is it you can tie your shoes? Wait, I get it, you have those velcro ones, right?

The most transparent administration, cont. - POLITICO.com

Nice deflection (not!)

Why won't you answer my question? Why did reporters report on Obama's speech if no reporters were allowed to report????????

The answer's obvious...I just want to hear it from you. Or one of your comrades.

Forum List

Back