Mi, have to work 29 hours a week to get Medicaid.

I am awaiting the list of people who have died because they lacked health care coverage. I suppose you could twist people waiting for an organ donor and say they died because of lack of coverage, or maybe claim dead drug addicts died because of lack of coverage. Your own example of a 670,000 bill disproves your assertion.

If you can't find a job working 29 hours a week then you're a fucking loser. It's that simple. God forbid we'd require someone to put forth some effort to collect their hand out off the backs of others busting their ass to make a living.
Who died and made you a little tin god? Some people may well not be able to get 29 hours a week. God forbid we close off all exemptions. Think!

I've never had a problem finding a job. I was working 30 to 35 hours a week when I was still in high school. The work is out there for people who want to do it.
Sure it is for some people. Try getting and keeping a job when you have to take care of 4 kids by yourself or you have a parent with Alzheimer's that has to be watched 24 hours a day, or a suicidal teen on drugs that you care for, or you have a police record, abusive husband, and a history of drug addiction. This is real life for millions of Americans and that job you speak of is not even a possibility.

Last edited:
If you can't find a job working 29 hours a week then you're a fucking loser. It's that simple. God forbid we'd require someone to put forth some effort to collect their hand out off the backs of others busting their ass to make a living.
Who died and made you a little tin god? Some people may well not be able to get 29 hours a week. God forbid we close off all exemptions. Think!

I've never had a problem finding a job. I was working 30 to 35 hours a week when I was still in high school. The work is out there for people who want to do it.
Sure it is for some people. Try getting and keeping a job when you have to take care of 4 kids by yourself or you have a parent with Alzheimer's that has to be watched 24 hours a day, or a suicidal teen on drugs that you care for, or you have a police record, abusive husband, and a history of drug addiction. This is real life for millions of Americans.

Excuses are like assholes. Everybody has one

Sure it is for some people. Try getting and keeping a job when you have to take care of 4 kids by yourself or you have a parent with Alzheimer's that has to be watched 24 hours a day, or a suicidal teen on drugs that you care for, or you have a police record, abusive husband, and a history of drug addiction. This is real life for millions of Americans.

They're not alike at all. Because most people have many excuses and, fortunately, only one asshole.

The can start to offer slave wages to get health ins. Part of the plan. I mean I agree an able bodied person should look for work , his job is to find a job or go to school, but to not have healthcare, I mean this is the beginning of slave labor, 100% employment and slave wages.

Last I checked, slaves don't typically get wages, but cool story, though.

Last I heard "I'm going to kill you" mostly doesn't mean that you're going to die.

Last I heard "slave labor" doesn't mean that you're actually a slave.

They made a point, and you're hiding from the point by picking up on something you could easily figure out.

I am awaiting the list of people who have died because they lacked health care coverage. I suppose you could twist people waiting for an organ donor and say they died because of lack of coverage, or maybe claim dead drug addicts died because of lack of coverage. Your own example of a 670,000 bill disproves your assertion.
My son in law spent 16 days in a hospital and died. The bill was $476,000. He had healthcare coverage which paid all but $7,000. My wife was in hospital last year 3 times for short stays, 3 to 7 days. The total for year was $127,000. The average Medicare hospital billing upon discharge in the state of Florida in 2011 was $536,000 and that was in 2011. It is certainly higher today.

A list of people that died because of lack of coverage?? You apparently know nothing about the problem. People have breaks in coverage. For example depending on the state, you can wait up to 9 weeks to get Medicaid coverage. If you have to buy insurance through the exchanges you may have to wait up 10 months because they don't open till Nov of each year. Even when you sign up for coverage there is usually a minimum of 30 days before coverage begins. When you get a diagnosis of cancer or a serious heart problem, you can't wait weeks and months for coverage. Even worse, tests needed for diagnosis can cost thousands of dollars and people without coverage often delay until they have the new job and healthcare coverage, or the exchange opens, or they qualify for Medicaid and then they find out they waited too long.

A new problem has popped up since Trump became president. He ordered the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to come up with new regulations on Obamacare that would lower premiums. Now, many policies are being sold that have yearly maximums as low as $250,000 plus insurance companies are being allowed to sell policies without coverage for expensive treatments of many serious problems. In effect, these policies are offering coverage at lower premiums that pay some routine healthcare costs but provide less when you really need it which is crazy. We buy health insurance to pay for healthcare cost we could never afford not low cost routine care.

Average Hospital Cost By State

Last edited:

Obviously, you know nothing about the problem so any further discussion is rather pointless.

"Coverage" - the insurance industry has pulled one slick sales job on this society.

The can start to offer slave wages to get health ins. Part of the plan. I mean I agree an able bodied person should look for work , his job is to find a job or go to school, but to not have healthcare, I mean this is the beginning of slave labor, 100% employment and slave wages.

They have gone nuts, we shall see a lot of ill people, VD's will be on the rise, I mean no healthcare!!

So these ill and weak are still out fucking like a bunch of tramps?

LANSING, MI - The Michigan Senate on Thursday passed legislation requiring able-bodied Michigan Medicaid recipients to work 29 hours per week to continue receiving health insurance.

Michigan expanded Medicaid in 2013 with the Healthy Michigan program, which now insures 683,769 people, according to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.

Senate Bill 897, sponsored by Sen. Mike Shirkey, R-Clark Lake, would require able-bodied Medicaid recipients to work 29 hours per week in order to continue receiving Medicaid. People would be exempt from the requirements if they met certain criteria, like being over 64, having a disability, being pregnant, or being a caretaker for a dependent with a disability or family member under the age of six.

Bill requiring Michiganders to work for Medicaid clears Senate
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if they can't find a job, we do not have an over abundance of jobs in MI. Isn't that what Walmart does, hire part time so they don't have to pay for health ins.

No healthcare if not:

Prohibit a recipient from receiving medical assistance for one year if he or she failed to meet qualifying activities or report family income or knowingly made a false statement in complying with that requirement, after being given one warning and not complying within 30 days.

This is so the elites do not have to pay taxes. Well if you are frail or disabled , pg you do not need to. Crap I hope people can find work.

That is just plain wrong.
Yes, but that's how republicans see healthcare. If you can't get healthcare coverage then just die.

In most countries with developed economies, people do not have to die because they lack healthcare coverage. Unfortunately, the US is not one of them anymore. Changes in Obamacare regulations have cut premiums by eliminating coverage for life saving treatments and added yearly maximums.

Who dies because they lack health care coverage?

I don't agree and will leave it there.

I don’t low income healthcare should be tied to work requirements. Not healthcare.

LANSING, MI - The Michigan Senate on Thursday passed legislation requiring able-bodied Michigan Medicaid recipients to work 29 hours per week to continue receiving health insurance.

Michigan expanded Medicaid in 2013 with the Healthy Michigan program, which now insures 683,769 people, according to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.

Senate Bill 897, sponsored by Sen. Mike Shirkey, R-Clark Lake, would require able-bodied Medicaid recipients to work 29 hours per week in order to continue receiving Medicaid. People would be exempt from the requirements if they met certain criteria, like being over 64, having a disability, being pregnant, or being a caretaker for a dependent with a disability or family member under the age of six.

Bill requiring Michiganders to work for Medicaid clears Senate
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if they can't find a job, we do not have an over abundance of jobs in MI. Isn't that what Walmart does, hire part time so they don't have to pay for health ins.

No healthcare if not:

Prohibit a recipient from receiving medical assistance for one year if he or she failed to meet qualifying activities or report family income or knowingly made a false statement in complying with that requirement, after being given one warning and not complying within 30 days.

This is so the elites do not have to pay taxes. Well if you are frail or disabled , pg you do not need to. Crap I hope people can find work.

That is just plain wrong.
Yes, but that's how republicans see healthcare. If you can't get healthcare coverage then just die.

In most countries with developed economies, people do not have to die because they lack healthcare coverage. Unfortunately, the US is not one of them anymore. Changes in Obamacare regulations have cut premiums by eliminating coverage for life saving treatments and added yearly maximums.

Who dies because they lack health care coverage?

A heck of a lot of people have shortened life's due to no health care. ER is not , I repeat, health care.

They have gone nuts, we shall see a lot of ill people, VD's will be on the rise, I mean no healthcare!!

That is the opinion of the right wing conservatives, who work mainly 30 hours a week and get full time bennies, that people are lazy assess and on Medicaid, most of those on Medicaid work. They are called the working poor.

Idiotic responses deserve no response.

Most people work, that 600,000 people are from a state with 10 million and most of them work part time.

The IRS as well as the ACA list full time as 30 hours a week. (I'm not sure what is left of the ACA, but the IRS has the same thing.

Definition of Full-Time Employee

For purposes of the employer shared responsibility provisions, a full-time employee is, for a calendar month, an employee employed on average at least 30 hours of service per week, or 130 hours of service per month.

There are two methods for determining full-time employee status:

• The monthly measurement method, and
  • The look-back measurement method.
Identifying Full time Employees | Internal Revenue Service

That is the opinion of the right wing conservatives, who work mainly 30 hours a week and get full time bennies, that people are lazy assess and on Medicaid, most of those on Medicaid work. They are called the working poor.

Your response has nothing to do with what I posted.

Speak for yourself, tard. Since I was 16 years old, I've never worked under 30 hours a week, including when I was going to college all the way up through grad school and was still working full time with a wife and infant son at home. I guess that's why people like me are successful and people like you are whining about having to put in a little bit of work in order to earn a handout from their neighbors. It's called work ethic and making smarter decisions.

Many people are successful as you say you were, Don't Taz Me Bro.

Many are not through know fault of their own. You insist that is not so but offer only anecdotal evidence based on your own experience.

That is not sufficient to carry the argument, and you know it.

Forum List

Back