Mi, have to work 29 hours a week to get Medicaid.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
LANSING, MI - The Michigan Senate on Thursday passed legislation requiring able-bodied Michigan Medicaid recipients to work 29 hours per week to continue receiving health insurance.

Michigan expanded Medicaid in 2013 with the Healthy Michigan program, which now insures 683,769 people, according to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.

Senate Bill 897, sponsored by Sen. Mike Shirkey, R-Clark Lake, would require able-bodied Medicaid recipients to work 29 hours per week in order to continue receiving Medicaid. People would be exempt from the requirements if they met certain criteria, like being over 64, having a disability, being pregnant, or being a caretaker for a dependent with a disability or family member under the age of six.

Bill requiring Michiganders to work for Medicaid clears Senate
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if they can't find a job, we do not have an over abundance of jobs in MI. Isn't that what Walmart does, hire part time so they don't have to pay for health ins.

No healthcare if not:

Prohibit a recipient from receiving medical assistance for one year if he or she failed to meet qualifying activities or report family income or knowingly made a false statement in complying with that requirement, after being given one warning and not complying within 30 days.

This is so the elites do not have to pay taxes. Well if you are frail or disabled , pg you do not need to. Crap I hope people can find work.

The can start to offer slave wages to get health ins. Part of the plan. I mean I agree an able bodied person should look for work , his job is to find a job or go to school, but to not have healthcare, I mean this is the beginning of slave labor, 100% employment and slave wages.

If you can't find a job working 29 hours a week then you're a fucking loser. It's that simple. God forbid we'd require someone to put forth some effort to collect their hand out off the backs of others busting their ass to make a living.

LANSING, MI - The Michigan Senate on Thursday passed legislation requiring able-bodied Michigan Medicaid recipients to work 29 hours per week to continue receiving health insurance.

Michigan expanded Medicaid in 2013 with the Healthy Michigan program, which now insures 683,769 people, according to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.

Senate Bill 897, sponsored by Sen. Mike Shirkey, R-Clark Lake, would require able-bodied Medicaid recipients to work 29 hours per week in order to continue receiving Medicaid. People would be exempt from the requirements if they met certain criteria, like being over 64, having a disability, being pregnant, or being a caretaker for a dependent with a disability or family member under the age of six.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if they can't find a job, we do not have an over abundance of jobs in MI. Isn't that what Walmart does, hire part time so they don't have to pay for health ins.

No healthcare if not:

Prohibit a recipient from receiving medical assistance for one year if he or she failed to meet qualifying activities or report family income or knowingly made a false statement in complying with that requirement, after being given one warning and not complying within 30 days.

This is so the elites do not have to pay taxes. Well if you are frail or disabled , pg you do not need to. Crap I hope people can find work.
The elites will end up paying their ER visits instead. Penny wise and pound foolish.

The can start to offer slave wages to get health ins. Part of the plan. I mean I agree an able bodied person should look for work , his job is to find a job or go to school, but to not have healthcare, I mean this is the beginning of slave labor, 100% employment and slave wages.

Last I checked, slaves don't typically get wages, but cool story, though.

They have gone nuts, we shall see a lot of ill people, VD's will be on the rise, I mean no healthcare!!

Yes they did, they got room and board, food, and medical care. I mean after all they had to pick the cotton.

Quit all this dicking around and give us universal coverage.

No healthcare if not:

The elites will end up paying their ER visits instead. Penny wise and pound foolish.

I wonder if they will be allowed to go to ER, one GOP TN Senate wanted to quit that. I mean you just can have the unemployed taking up space in the ER when its needed for those with health ins and working people.

Slave wages?
When in the entire history of humanity did any slave get paid?

They got paid in room and board, just like those in Petoskey MI do when they get them in from Haiti to work for the summer when the pop. triples. They might make a few bucks as well to send home and transportation is included. They get room and board and lower than min wage and if they get sick they are cared for.

No healthcare if not:

This is just a feeble attempt to make some of these 680,000 people more self efficient. There is state agency's and private contractors who only job is to provide coaching and , counseling to make them employable, then another group to find these people on assistance employment. They have plenty of employers on the list to hire these people.

I know people that their job is to supply these services to people on assistance and heard plenty of stories of the revolving door, people going back into training and counseling after losing their jobs, 3 , 4, 10 times and the excuses these people use to stay unemployable.

You could make a reality TV show on the daily lives of these counselors and recruiter and the crazy stories they here, and the crap they get sucked into.

Forum List

Back