Merry X-Mas, Middle Class! House Republicans Just Voted To Raise Your Taxes By $1000

Actually... it's no more of a tax increase than letting the Bush tax cuts expire are. That's propaganda... both sides use it. Just out of curiosity... that $1500/taxpayer? Goes to the SS fund. How are we going to make that money up? I mean, I WANT my Social Security when I turn 65. In fact, I'll NEED it.

Don't get me wrong... I'm all for helping the working and Middle Class.... I'm very outspoken on that. But hamstringing SS isn't the way to do it. I didn't think it was wise last year, I don't think it's wise this year.

You must be close to full retirement age. At my age I don't see Social Security as anything but me paying into someone else's checks. I'm fairly certain by the time I reach retirement age Social Security will be a thing of the past. On a side note, my 401k lost 15% over the year--but it has gained a whopping 1% over the life of the account. Woooo Hoooo! :happy-1:

well, it won't be if enough of you keep trying to kill it(I'm assuming you're a Conservative).

Whatever the people deem a priority will be the priority.

EDIT: BTW... I'm 46.

Last edited:
Tom McMahon

Executive Director, Americans United for Change and Partner at the consulting firm New Partners in Washington, D.C. Former Executive Director of the Democratic National Committee

Oh,, a former director of the DNC said they voted. it must have been a secret

vote huh?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually... it's no more of a tax increase than letting the Bush tax cuts expire are. That's propaganda... both sides use it. Just out of curiosity... that $1500/taxpayer? Goes to the SS fund. How are we going to make that money up? I mean, I WANT my Social Security when I turn 65. In fact, I'll NEED it.

Don't get me wrong... I'm all for helping the working and Middle Class.... I'm very outspoken on that. But hamstringing SS isn't the way to do it. I didn't think it was wise last year, I don't think it's wise this year.

exactly why Obama is a sleazy political gameplayer who really does not give a damn about the middle class....or the poor either...

Last edited:

exactly why Obama is a sleazy political gameplayer who really does not give a damn about the middle class....

Well... I guess the same can be said about the GOP and the Tea Party for the same mantra on the Bush Tax Cuts...right?

This a reason you don't EVER take the Hufferpost as a SERIOUS news source.

Fail you were HAD...tsk tsk

You must be close to full retirement age. At my age I don't see Social Security as anything but me paying into someone else's checks. I'm fairly certain by the time I reach retirement age Social Security will be a thing of the past. On a side note, my 401k lost 15% over the year--but it has gained a whopping 1% over the life of the account. Woooo Hoooo! :happy-1:

well, it won't be if enough of you keep trying to kill it(I'm assuming you're a Conservative).

Whatever the people deem a priority will be the priority.

EDIT: BTW... I'm 46.

oh hunny.. you're only about half way there.. cause what's going to end up happening after they stop collecting social security money for political gain, is the demoncrats are gonna raise the age to 77 or sumpin.. hang on to yer suspenders.. cause it's coming. you need to change parties.

exactly why Obama is a sleazy political gameplayer who really does not give a damn about the middle class....

Well... I guess the same can be said about the GOP and the Tea Party for the same mantra on the Bush Tax Cuts...right?

Obama wants to get rid of the Bush tax cuts.....that means taxes for the middle class will go UP.....do you want that to happen....?

didn't you hear Bill O'Reilly and Bill Clinton? The US received MORE revenue under the Bush tax cuts than it did under the Clinton tax raising. Pay attention.

Sen. Scott Brown (R- Mass.) denounced House Republicans for rejecting a payroll tax cut deal on Tuesday, and accused his colleagues of putting politics before the needs of American families.

"It angers me that House Republicans would rather continue playing politics than find solutions," Brown said in a statement released shortly after the House voted to block the bipartisan bill. "Their actions will hurt American families and be detrimental to our fragile economy. We are Americans first; now is not the time for drawing lines in the sand."The Senate bill would have prevented the payroll tax cut from expiring on January 1, 2012 by ensuring a two-month extension. Republicans in the House opposed to the bill argued in favor of a year-long extension or no extension at all, claiming that approving a bill for just two months would create uncertainty.

Brown's criticism followed harsh comments he made on Monday, when he called the GOP's refusal to compromise "irresponsible and wrong."

Scott Brown Denounces House Republicans Over Payroll Tax Cut Deal

Obama wants to get rid of the Bush tax cuts.....that means taxes for the middle class will go UP.....do you want that to happen....?

The Bush Tax cuts were never meant to be permanent.... but thanks for being the hack that you are.... it's OK when the GOP uses that language(tax hike, instead of letting a temporary tax cut expire), but it's not OK when Dems do it.

It's a sad day when Americans can be bought for 20bucks a week. Not to mention they rejected a 2 month extension which equates to about 160 bucks, not a thousand.

Or.... it just goes to show how much people are struggling. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the Payroll tax break either. But I don't think that flippant is necessarily the right way to go.

Tom McMahon: Merry Christmas, Middle Class! House Republicans Just Voted To Raise Your Taxes By $1,000

For those of you keeping track at home of the payroll tax cut holiday -- you can stop. In the battle over the House GOP's ever-shifting goal posts on the payroll tax cut extension, Speaker Boehner has tried desperately to muddy the water about the fact that his Tea-partying GOP colleagues simply do not want to extend the payroll tax holiday for middle-class Americans no matter what. And that's exactly what happened when the House Republicans rejected the bipartisan Senate deal to continue these middle-class tax cuts.

The Republican-led U.S. House shot down legislation that was passed with overwhelming bi-partisan support in the Senate on Saturday to prevent the average American family from incurring a $1,000 tax hike by extending the payroll tax holiday by two months.

So, contrary to the House GOP's oft-repeated line for the TV cameras that they don't "believe in raising taxes on anyone," they've done just that -- voted to raise taxes on 160 million Americans.

House Majority Leader Cantor wrote on his official website just days ago: "House Republicans will not support raising taxes on anyone." Congressional Republicans always forget to add that they don't really count the middle-class; by "anyone," they just mean millionaires and corporations.

So fucking true. They slammed the nail in their own coffins trying to play political chicken.

Like I have said in previous posts -- democrats in the senate have been saying "pass our spending bill or we wont pass your shit" then of course republicans come to a compromise over some issues and THEN ITS: "REPUBLICANS RAISE TAXES."

The media is working side by side with the funking democrats and have been since I can remember.........

It's a sad day when Americans can be bought for 20bucks a week. Not to mention they rejected a 2 month extension which equates to about 160 bucks, not a thousand.

Or.... it just goes to show how much people are struggling. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the Payroll tax break either. But I don't think that flippant is necessarily the right way to go.

What's flippant about the truth? If a persons vote can be bought for 20 bucks a week then that says a lot about the individual, and the state of America.

Sen. Scott Brown (R- Mass.) denounced House Republicans for rejecting a payroll tax cut deal on Tuesday, and accused his colleagues of putting politics before the needs of American families.

"It angers me that House Republicans would rather continue playing politics than find solutions," Brown said in a statement released shortly after the House voted to block the bipartisan bill. "Their actions will hurt American families and be detrimental to our fragile economy. We are Americans first; now is not the time for drawing lines in the sand."

The Senate bill would have prevented the payroll tax cut from expiring on January 1, 2012 by ensuring a two-month extension. Republicans in the House opposed to the bill argued in favor of a year-long extension or no extension at all, claiming that approving a bill for just two months would create uncertainty.

Brown's criticism followed harsh comments he made on Monday, when he called the GOP's refusal to compromise "irresponsible and wrong."

Their inability to control the Teabastards in the House is costing them big time.

Yes....they're terrorists and they want dirty air and dirty water too.

I guess you figure if you scream out a lie loud enough people just might believe you.

The Dems walked out on the debate before any vote could be held so who is really screwing whom????

Here's the facts:

The House voted to extend the so-called "Tax Holiday" for a year. The Senate decides they want to think about it for awhile longer and vote in only a temporary measure for 60 days so they can go home for the holidays. They send it back to the House and promptly leave town. The House says not so fast. We still want the year extension that even Obama asked for and the Senate refused to vote on. The Senate refuses to come back because they're too busy fucking off instead of doing their jobs. So the Democrats instead blame the Republicans for all of this when the only reason we're debating it in the first place is because they refused to deal with it.

What else is new.

Instead of doing their fucken jobs the Democrats have their media lackeys conduct polls claiming that the public holds the GOP responsible for all of this. Obama gives a speech blaming the GOP for not doing their jobs, which they are, but that doesn't stop him from lying about it. The Democratic controlled Senate set this up by leaving town prematurely. Now they're trying to lie to cover their asses.

Those are the facts.

Last edited:

"It angers me that House Republicans would rather continue playing politics than find solutions," Brown said in a statement released shortly after the House voted to block the bipartisan bill. "Their actions will hurt American families and be detrimental to our fragile economy. We are Americans first; now is not the time for drawing lines in the sand."The Senate bill would have prevented the payroll tax cut from expiring on January 1, 2012 by ensuring a two-month extension. Republicans in the House opposed to the bill argued in favor of a year-long extension or no extension at all, claiming that approving a bill for just two months would create uncertainty.

Brown is obviously trying to win re-election in a very liberal state.....so he's lying of course.

If a Democrat says to end the Bush tax cuts, that is simply restoring taxes to their normal rate, not raising them... if a Republican says to end the Bush tax cuts, he wants to raise taxes on the middle class.

Haven't you been paying attention?

Forum List

Back