Merry X-Mas, Middle Class! House Republicans Just Voted To Raise Your Taxes By $1000

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Flaylo, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Flaylo

Flaylo Handsome Devil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +451
    Tom McMahon: Merry Christmas, Middle Class! House Republicans Just Voted To Raise Your Taxes By $1,000

So fucking true. They slammed the nail in their own coffins trying to play political chicken.

2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,742
    When was the vote? can you link us to who voted which way? I'd like to see it.

3. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,742
    Strange. I visited the NYT and Fox News. No mention of such a vote. So I'll await your link as to who voted for what and when.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    Oh goody! Huffpoop!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Actually... it's no more of a tax increase than letting the Bush tax cuts expire are. That's propaganda... both sides use it. Just out of curiosity... that $1500/taxpayer? Goes to the SS fund. How are we going to make that money up? I mean, I WANT my Social Security when I turn 65. In fact, I'll NEED it.

Don't get me wrong... I'm all for helping the working and Middle Class.... I'm very outspoken on that. But hamstringing SS isn't the way to do it. I didn't think it was wise last year, I don't think it's wise this year.

6. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Sen. Scott Brown (R- Mass.) denounced House Republicans for rejecting a payroll tax cut deal on Tuesday, and accused his colleagues of putting politics before the needs of American families.

"It angers me that House Republicans would rather continue playing politics than find solutions," Brown said in a statement released shortly after the House voted to block the bipartisan bill. "Their actions will hurt American families and be detrimental to our fragile economy. We are Americans first; now is not the time for drawing lines in the sand."

The Senate bill would have prevented the payroll tax cut from expiring on January 1, 2012 by ensuring a two-month extension. Republicans in the House opposed to the bill argued in favor of a year-long extension or no extension at all, claiming that approving a bill for just two months would create uncertainty.

Brown's criticism followed harsh comments he made on Monday, when he called the GOP's refusal to compromise "irresponsible and wrong."

Scott Brown Denounces House Republicans Over Payroll Tax Cut Deal

7. Flaylo

Flaylo Handsome Devil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +451

Their inability to control the Teabastards in the House is costing them big time.

8. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said the failure of the House to approve the bipartisan Senate bill to extend the payroll-tax cut is “harming the Republican Party.”

Speaking Tuesday on CNN’s “Situation Room,” McCain said that while it’s inevitable that the tax cut will ultimately be extended, the infighting reflects poorly on Republicans and Congress as a whole.

“It is harming the Republican Party. It is harming the view, if it’s possible anymore, of the American people about Congress,” McCain said. “We’ve got to get this resolved and with the realization that the payroll-tax cut must remain in effect.”

McCain: Payroll-tax fight

9. Rozman

Rozman Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,688
    It's not a tax hike....
    It's the tax rate returning to where it should be...Just like the expiration of the Bush tax cuts NOT being a tax hike right Libs... :D

10. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    yeah... guess you didn't bother to read my post.