Measures need to be taken, to protect small businesses..

beagle9

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2011
I think that territorial maps with borders should be drawn now within each state, or should definitley be considered now all in light of, for what has taken place over the last 15 to 25 years looking back now. They should be immediately drawn up in respect to small businesses, and the protection of them, in which the state would somehow begin to charge big businesses who are operating within the state via web based companies who are restricted to no borders ((stiff fee's)) for operating within the areas that these brick and mortar operations are now and have been operating in for years, and this when having the same products in which they both carry, but the brick and mortar is at a super huge dis-advantage because of now.

This is all in order to stem the tide of corporate dominance over them (that will kill small business altogether in many cases), and to hopefully slow down these corporate giants that are acting as destructive agents against these small businesses by way of the virtual world they now live in, especially when it comes to crossing borders and paying no sales tax, permits, land taxes, building maintenance or other fee's like so many small businesses are doing right now in their states, as opposed to those who reach out across all borders via the national/world wide web.

Yes, I'd say that a better wealth sharing program is needed through fee's imposed, that will allow states to no longer fear when big business comes to town, because they can level the playing field for all by way of measures taken to protect their revenue streams and buisnesses that give them their revenue streams via all parties involved.

Example: If I have a need, and for some reason I can't get that need filled locally, let's say at a single location that I had went to in order to do this, well then what next ? I have then gone onto the net, and this would be in order to put my order in straight from a corporation or business that is operating upon this net, in which handles all of that sort of thing like it does for people all over the nation now, thus allowing me to by pass a brick and mortar location within my own town, and getting the product sent straight to my door without the local brick and mortar businesses knowledge of, but what does this do to these local businesses after time? I mean if to many people with ease, begin just ordering from the net instead of going up town and getting these things locally from the brick and mortar store or location they have always been privy to in the past, then what happens next ? This is also a problem with our world trade and nafta situation, that has been more on a global scale, but is the same thing, having the same dire results after a long time of ignoring the truth in it all, to fall back upon America. Some are getting super uber rich, while hundreds of thousands are left to widdle and fade away as a result of.

Now back to the basics !

It soon put's the people running the brick and mortar location out of business right?, Even worse is when you purchase the product from the internet, where sadly there is almost no customer service to fall back on (horror stories), especially if that product was damaged, flawed or broke soon there after, not to mention that your money is no longer circulationg within your own local communties anymore, but is instead going to a big city somewhere out there in la la land, where that host city is taking your money and investing it immediately back into their city, while soon your city is falling apart, and is going broke as a result of (empty buildings left everywhere) etc.

Territorial boundaries should be put in place now for small businesses in America, and they should be enforced in order to protect and keep a healthy balance in the states, towns, cities or communities, thus keeping the states more balanced, stronger, independent of federal assistance, kept on budget, and not to mention keeping low unemployment rates best of all because of.

Otherwise if a web based company wants to breach a brick and mortar stores territory or boundary, then a state could charge a terrirtorial breach fee, and this upon the company entering into another business territory or district, that would then be shared by each of the parties involved, as so not to cause the brick and mortar location to go out of business because of what we have now, with this no territorial boundaries as being observed or honored by web based companies that are operating in all states crossing over the borders of many small businesses without thought of, and taking their life saving customer business from them, where as these corporations have no where near the responsibilities of all that goes with running and operating a brick and mortar small business within a town, city or state, but then they are allowed to cross borders, and put thousands out of work, especially without some sort of fairness doctrine being implemented or drawn up in the situation, that they all should honor and obey for the life of this nation as a whole, and in unity there of.

If it all keeps going the way that it is, what will the landscape in America look like or eventually evolve into finally? Willl it be that some states will be thriving, while others have been left in ruin because of ? This is the same thing that has gone on between employer and employee also, I mean when think about that situation in a seperate but simular way I guess. :confused:

Maybe a small brick and mortar business, could somehow buy territory within a state, city or town operated in now, as to be agreed upon by the state in which it would then allow that small business to operate in via this purchased territory exclusively because of, where as when a company or corporation comes within that territory as monitored by the state via the web activity going on, and this by customer orders coming from within the territory/community, that shows that people are ordering on line heavily from within the purchased territory belonging now to a brick and mortar business by purchase of, to a web based company,(i.e. via this web intruder that is selling the same products as the local company does), (IMHO) it should now be taken from the intruder a pecentage of the sales gained from that territory, and this to be done by way of a new rule or law created within the state, that allows for brick and mortar location, to now purchase rights to territorial protections within their states, in which by way of these territorial purchases, it gives them rights for this protection as would be granted them under the law within that state, thus giving the brick and mortar a percentage of the sales that were aquired by a web based company, that was operating within the purchasers territory as owned by a local business within that territory.

This would also help to stop the huge vacum that has been created in many states, of monies going out in droves, but not enough is coming back in, and this by having no law or rules as is spoken of, to somehow protect the businesses that are already within a state, that are occupying brick and mortar locations at a huge expense to them, but having no protections to stop a corp from coming in and breaking them if really wants to. Hec, maybe then the corp would go back to what it was doing in the past, supplying brick and mortar operations with their products upon their shelves, in a joint affort to give the customers the best situation's possible when purchasing products.

Am I wrong about my thoughts on small businesses needing better protections, in order to survive the onslaught of major corporations crossing all borders and leaving the small businesses afterwards destitute and broke ?

How many have already fallen, and how many jobs have been lost as a result of this situation in many states, cities and/or towns all across this nation now ?

It's so wonder that the feds have a crisis on their hands, of unemployed and skilled workers being found in huge numbers now (as a result of all the idiotic greed that has taken over our senses in all of these matters), now sitting upon it's doorsteps as a result of all this activity that has sadly enriched the few over the many now. :eusa_pray:

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back